Reviews for Immigrants
Saamon-sama chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
so cute!

could you make a last chapter 3 perhaps please? like the children dealing with the language barrier with other kids and perhaps a moment of them singing and (guests maybe? bystanders?) watching in awe? :D
Busy As A Beaver chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Cool! I really like this story :) Being an immigrant myself, I like thinking of the stories the way you've described them.

Also, I like the way you described the languages. German rocks!

I think you were a bit off, though. I'm in no way a German scholar, but since it's der Tag, it should be Neuer Tag... Gretl soll in die Schule gehen... Hause.

German grammar is intense.
VictoriaGrant chapter 2 . 5/17/2010
Ah, you actually updated, thats great :D

Lol, Gretl, now thats interesting- I totally love how she wonders about pink lemonade and puppets and snow, its so intriguing how pure and honest children are- well, of course I hope now that you might do yet another part ;)
ForeverJulie chapter 2 . 5/16/2010
That was really sweet. I think you captured a child's point of view really well. Marta, if I'm not mistaken?
VictoriaGrant chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Hi :D

I really like this one, very interesting POV and the way the family interacts sounds very accurate- lol, actually not entirely right, it would have to be Neuer Tag... Gretl muss zur Schule gehen... Are you going to do another piece, about what happens after they get to New York?

Perhaps from someone elses POV?
scrubso chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Great one-shot and very interesting idea