Reviews for A Patrol Changes Everything
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 3/3/2013
I would suggest a healer, but I think their findings would be the same and the last thing we need is for word of this to get out to the public. Harry doesn't need that upon everything else he already has to deal with in his young life."

-Oh? And of course there is no motivation there to keep his own reputation as glorious as it is now. Uh huh.

Severus said nothing for several seconds, hiding his surprise and happiness. Surprise that Albus had listened, really listened and not just dismissed what he had said, and happy, happy that Potter would have the chance he never did. The chance Albus had took from him. The opportunity to start over with an almost clean slate.

-Yes, that seems to be Dumbledore's specialty-holding out a glorious scenario of hope and glory, and then
yanking it away. But of course Harry will never suffer like that, only Snape. After all, Snape is just a Slytherin, and so being a chess piece is all he's good for.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 3/3/2013
There were two people in this house with issues to deal with. Currently he could only pray that he would have what it took to help both of them.

-Yes, well, we know which one Albus is actually going to do anything for. He talks a good game, but his heart is already given to Harry. After all, he's all that's left of his beloved Marauders.

With any luck, Snape will do more for Harry by giving him simple, understood rules-and enforcing them.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 3/3/2013
Snape does understand Harry better than Albus does; by giving Harry *orders* Harry has real permission to eat breakfast, play with the toys, and read a book (without having to hold back his brain because of Dudley's relative slowness).
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 3/3/2013
Yes, I can see the relationship now-Albus will be the provider of anything good, while Snape has to be the one to let Harry know where the boundaries are. Ah, nothing like classic good cop, bad cop. As ever, Snape has to be the bad guy.

So, Harry doesn't think he'll get any breakfast?
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 3/3/2013
"Why the hell summon me only to ignore me," he groused once the door was closed. He bet the man had not even noticed he was gone. "A waste of my time!"

-Good question. Albus is presently occupied with Harry, after all, and hardly ever thinks of Severus except maybe to wonder if he could possibly have managed things better.

But Harry is the important one.

However, Snape is very surprised to find out that he might be important to Harry. *That* has never certainly happened before-he thought he was important to Lily, only to discover he was but a step, and then an obstacle, to her upward progress. Albus never noticed him at all except to make sure he would remain as the Marauders' chewtoy.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
Albus then proceeded to do his best to reassure the eleven year old that a suitable home would be found for him, but the boy's only reaction had been to curl in on himself further, murmuring once again.

-Yes, the last time Albus found the boy a home didn't work out so well.

And of course Snape knows he's going to be sucked into being the boy's babysitter. And naturally he isn't going to be given a real choice, once he knows what's happened to the boy. Why should he trust Albus? He knows that it has never mattered what he wants, and that nobody is ever going to care for *him* (as we saw in canon, he was simply used and abused by both sides).
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
Very good so far. I suspect that some of Snape's resentment of Harry being cared for is because nobody ever cared how much *he* was beat up, abused, and nearly murdered.

And it's nice that Albus cares for Harry now. Though why he gets on McGonagall, I don't know-she's only doing what she's been told to do, and that is to turn a blind eye, since anything a Gryffindor does is always right.

But I don't blame Harry for not wanting to live with Large Marge!
Berry Crush chapter 3 . 3/2/2013
Its so different from the manipulative stories of Dumbledore, I don't understand why some people find him manipulative, he did everything for a reason! Sick.. but this is different.. I love this one! :D
jupimako chapter 48 . 2/24/2013
I don't want this story to be complete! It was just too good for it to end. I absolutely loved every second and the ending was so wonderful! Thank you so much for this beautifully written story :) (Even if you did mix up Aurora's name... I do like the name Astoria, but she's a Greengrass not a professor.)
rowan.catara chapter 48 . 2/14/2013
That story was awesome!
shannyauburn chapter 48 . 2/10/2013
Great last few chapters! I enjoyed reading and catching up!
BlueRoseUK chapter 9 . 2/3/2013
Just started reading this but it's late and I'm tired... So, following, but will send a proper review when more awake!
SylvaDragon chapter 9 . 1/22/2013
This story is superb, it's so well written, and both albus and Severus are so excellent in it. I just have to keep reading, it has that magic ability to keep me fascinated as to what will happen next.
lipasnape chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
I keep waiting to see HOW you plan to justify such gross negligence by Albus (and others, but Albus primarily). So far, you are going with idiocy, and that is hardly acceptable for a person in authority.
angela chapter 48 . 1/17/2013
you owe me a tissue box...such a amazing fanfic...
1,547 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »