Reviews for A Patrol Changes Everything
ShinigamiRae chapter 7 . 3/12/2013
He is as bad as a house elf! Its sad but funny at the same time though... I really hope he gets to meet Dobby
Blake2020 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
great
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 3/3/2013
Very good beginning of school-I'm glad that Snape remains wary about the intentions of the other students, and plans to stop bullying in its tracks. One hopes the other teachers do, too.

Eventually Neville will tell Harry what's up with Hermione, though, and that will calm things down.
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 3/3/2013
Nice chapter about the Sorting. Luna will do well, and one hopes that Flitwick will even notice the bullying, and maybe do something about it.

I'm glad that Neville is sticking by Harry, and Hermione is trying to talk to him.
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 3/3/2013
Yet, he had never been more ashamed of himself than the day Albus had given all of the Head of Houses a thorough tongue lashing regarding the entire affair with Harry Potter.

-One hopes that Flitwick will take this to heart, and not allow Luna Lovegood to be bullied (she will be a first year this time around).

And one hopes that all the teachers will look out for all their students; perhaps Minerva might keep a closer eye on say, Ginny Weasley.

As for Snape, it would be good idea if Harry could make friends with Draco. Just sayin'.
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 3/3/2013
Lovely chapter. I hope that Harry can be friends with Hermione, though, and with Neville. They can be a Trio just as much as the canon one.

As for weekends, isn't Snape still head of Slytherin? And grading papers till the dawn's early light? Are there Slytherins at Hogwarts?

It was nice of Albus to help Snape with all those potions, though I'm sure there is still plenty left to do.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 3/3/2013
The things he did for Albus, he mused, finally moving away and heading up the staircase himself. His brewing schedule was going to fall so far behind. He could already envision himself up all night during the last few days of August to get the Infirmary fully restocked.

-Of course his schedule doesn't matter. I do hope Albus doesn't come home, only to find it empty (perhaps Severus could have left a note?), though I am afraid that's exactly what is going to happen.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 3/3/2013
What a lovely treat for Harry! And it sounds like he had fun at the greenhouse, too-a good thing that Snape is taking care of it, when he's given time to do so.

"But for now, he was content to sit here and observe the growing 'feud' between the two, all the while munching on a chocolate biscuit. "

-Nice. Snape is used to playing the game by now, especially around Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 3/3/2013
Indeed, he thought, he usually left the man to stew for a little bit once he recognised the signs in the hopes that he would open up to him on his own. It rarely was the case though, and thus, tonight, he had decided to take the initiative, something disconcerting for his eldest boy.

-Snape isn't a boy, he's a man. But Albus will never see him that way, I fear. I expect that Dumbledore sees most of the people around him as children, to be carefully guided, and is shocked, *shocked* when they see things differently than he does.

And there's one other boy that Albus has quite forgotten. His name is Tom.

Amazing that is takes Snape to see that his digging through memories is what is alienating Harry. Maybe it's because Snape underwent the same ordeal, and put up barriers strong enough to keep that from happening any more.

As for green eyes, and all that, I know that Snape loved Lily; but wouldn't part of him be angry and resentful at green eyes, too?
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 3/3/2013
As much as he loved the idea of having Harry running about the place, it was far from an easy task – and compounded with his work schedule, Severus was a gift from Merlin himself. And it was not that he had asked it of the man.

-How soon we forget. I distinctly recall in the first chapter that Dumbledore practically dragged Snape into staying at the cottage with Harry. Gosh, what fun to have such a convenient memory.

At least in this story Albus is doing the Occlumency work himself, instead of dumping it on Snape to make sure Snape remained the bad guy.

"I do," he repeated as he stepped closer. "I do have something to do with the gaps in your memory, and I can only hope you can forgive me for doing what I thought best."

-Of course. Albus always wants forgiveness after trampling on someone. I recall the Kings Cross scene in DH, where he did just that with Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 3/3/2013
In all honesty, he supposed, as he turned a page once again, the only reason Albus had not yet broached the topic with him was the fact that he had his hands full dealing with the memories of one ward to cater to two of them.

-Ah. Good excuse as any. And by the end of the chapter, he's certain that he'll have all the time in the world to get to Snape's problems. Why, of course, he will. And he'll always have someone else as a priority-it appears he has so far.

Say, if Albus has Snape's parole, what happens if he dies? Will Minerva give Snape a half hour head start, or just turn him over to the Ministry? Has Albus thought that far ahead? I doubt it.

After all, Snape fixed such a lovely spread for him. Everything must be fine, and Albus doesn't really have to do anything but accept it.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 3/3/2013
However, for now, Severus was not his primary concern.

-Never is, never will be.

No, he declared once again. It was not a conversation for him. And so, while Albus did his best to speak to Harry, and the eleven year old tried to grasp what was being said, Severus relaxed there, observing the domestic scene, while idly wondering what it would be like to be in Potter's place, so trusting at Albus' knee, for a little while.

-Apparently it did sort of happen, though with Snape as an adult, but that stopped as soon as Snape got his memories back and he realized that it was fake.

What a pity that Snape never met Madame Phillips in time to do any good. But then, is Albus paying any attention to any child outside of Gryffindor? Oh, he has regrets, which end up meaning nothing. I suspect that Snape knows lots more about what happens outside of that House than Albus does, and he's not even the Headmaster.

But as always, Harry is the focus of the story.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 3/3/2013
Unbeknownst to the boy, with his 'training', he had started to sift automatically through his memories, depositing any of them that threatened his relative sanity.

-Ah, my little occlumens. I suspect that little cupboard could do with a thorough cleaning, and that neither Snape or Albus have any idea that it's there.

Snape is right, though-that room of Banishment could have been nasty if Harry hadn't been found.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 3/3/2013
For all the memories that Albus removed, a lot still remain, and Harry is caught in their shadow. I'm so glad Snape reacted the way he did (because his memories of his own beatings, he offers the mercy that he was never given).
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 3/3/2013
So, what did Dumbledore say to Snape to mellow out the Potions Master? Whatever it was, he'll have to follow it up with deeds, or Snape will just realize it's more of the old man trying to jolly him along without really meaning it.

I really liked Harry and the plants. But oh, is he in trouble now!
1,564 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »