Reviews for Decisions and Destiny
Ralinde chapter 1 . 1/8
I really, really liked this! It's great that you managed to tell us so much about the Order and about the different members in quite a limited wordcount. Also, the way you structured this, and gave us an insight into Edgar's mind and the reasoning behind his decision to join, was good. I thought the beginning, with Benjy's death, and the ending, with Edgar's death was rather powerful. All in all, well done!
93 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This was brilliant. I love that you took little-known characters and brought them to life so well, it was really interesting. Great work, as always! :)
MBP chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Ugh, this is so sad, and it's for a wizard we never even really knew. But you capture that whole time period so perfectly. I loved it.
malfoyforever chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Oh, I feel so sad about Edgar now... Yeah, making lists is something he and I have in common. I like that you put Benjy in Ravenclaw. Just sad that there's no green and silver there.
A Wanderer in the Snow chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Wow, this was really moving! I thought the quotes at beginning and end really worked well, almost had a tear in my eye after the last bit, and that's saying a lot for me! I love how all of them are quiet heroes; nothing too much said but enough to make it count! Love it!
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Goodness. Just a light piece of fluff to get the morning started, huh?

Breathtakingly deep in such a calculating way that only a Ravenclaw could manage. Edgar's decisions and consequences are all so well thought out, that he seems to know what's going to happen. That he's okay with it is a story that's so very well told here. This is brilliant, brilliant stuff.
with the monsters chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
I was trying to decide how best to describe this story until I got right to the end and read that quote from OotP. And then I felt like sitting down and bursting into tears. Somehow you took that one line and tacked it onto the end of a brilliantly inspiring story and turned it from pensive into desperately, heart-achingly tragic.

Benjy is fast becoming one of my favourite Marauder-Era characters, and here even though you described him indirectly I felt his loss utterly and Edgar ... oh, God, Edgar. Despite not being a Ravenclaw myself, and thus knowing much less than you do about their general personalities, I feel that you thoroughly conveyed the Ravenclaw ideals and character traits with Edgar's not-quite-cautiousness and logic and lists.

This was a superbly-crafted piece, and I feel honoured to have read it. You deserve far more reviews than this.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
You definitely managed to convey the Ravenclaw talents and characteristics in this story. I like how you highlighted the differences between the Ravenclaw mindset and the Gryffindor one. It was very effective how you bookended this with quotes.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Wow, I LOVED this. I think you met the challenge perfectly. I like the fact that you chose to focus on characters that aren't regularly used. Wonderful selection and analysis. Fantastic work!
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I love these stories that show the thought processes of the various people, who join the Order. One way or another they must all have had a moment when they needed to decide and no two must have been quite the same.
rye-the-random chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I really loved this story. It's always refreshing to read some (mostly canon.) It's well written yet shows a lot about a minor character we've only one line about. [I just have one tiny nitpick, though... Sirius (or Lupin? can't remember.) Tells Molly after the bogart incident in ootp that "you weren't in the Order last time," so yeah. They wouldn't have joined then, would they?]

Otherwise this is just lovely. (:
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Great characterisation and really well written. A fav. :)
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
This almost made me cry! I loved your Edgar and also the way you wrote his Ravenclaw traits and his carefully made decision to join the Order. I also thought it was interesting that you had Aberforth as a Slytherin. I can't remember if that's canon or not, but if not, I think that was a good decision on your part. He does seem like a Slytherin.
GoddessofYouth chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
This is wonderful! I would love to read your take on Marlene and Benjy's decisions to join the order.
M. Poe chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
I think this is my favorite story that you have written, because it's quite unique. The book quotations at both the beginning and the end were awesome. You took two small phrases from Rowling's story and gave us a moment. I was reading through thinking, "Edgar Bones...who is Edgar Bones?"

My heart dropped reading the quotation at the end.