Reviews for The Victory March
thephoenixandthedragon4ever chapter 1 . 8/15
Beautiful story just wish we could read about the happy reunion, in Harry vindication Severus's name, him getting to be known as the hero he truly was.
KneazleGriff chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
Oh so beautiful! Very nice. I just love your writing.
tainted-tash chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
Very different. I enjoyed it :D
Azrael Jinsei chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
You had me crying. This was very good. Thank you for writing it. So just out of curiosity who was who in their past lives?
mauralee88 chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Excellent. This: "I really wanted to see your hair turn white." had me in tears. Very well done. Loved the idea for the story.
LadySlytherin05 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I think I'm falling in love with you. At least, I'm in love with your stories! You always manage to take away any criticism I might have with how breathtakingly beautiful you write. At first I wanted to read about how they got together, (because I love to see how writers pull that off with our boys ;) but I soon forgot about it and by the end all I cared about was their love for each other extending past the constraints of life. I was ever so glad that you brought them back because I hate tragedies, and those other histories that were in here (wonderful job on that, btw) had my heart aching something awful. As always, fantastic job!
Victoiree chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Wow.. it certainly was an intense reading !

I really enjoyed your 'soulmates' concept'. It was far more sounding than anything I've ever read before ! Knowing that Severus and Harry are meant to be together, no matter what, and that their souls are able to connect to each other through and through that's trully fascinating ! And we just so want to fall for it ;)

I was pleased to see that each reincarnation of them possessed some facets of their "current" personalities. Beyond Severus' protectivness and Harry's boldness, you've explored deeper and finer aspects of their selves and it shows a lot of analyzing and understanding of the characters. Gabriel and David certainly are the clearest ones but Bernard and Louis remain my favorite. Seeing a Severus much tempered and reluctant to fight against another form of tyranny because of his fear to lose his soulmate was captivating. We nearly feel him breaking down, being eaten alive by his fears and surrendering to some weakness he'd always been so strong to hide.

Your Severus and your Harry of the 'current time' are great too. I loved the interpretation you've made of DH. You made a great job of trying to coincide the facts with the fictional romance.

Your happy ending certainly was a big surprise for me. I don't know why, I thought they would die. I also feared them being unable to get to each other in the afterlife. I mean, if the curse hadn't been lifted, then the link that's supposed to join their souls would have been given to the next reincarnated ones. In a way it means thay would have been reunited, I conceed, but what about their death selves ?

You've left with a lots of questionning but that's what I trully love in a fanfiction. Beeing able to think about it after reading it.

Thanks again for that beautiful piece of work and bonne continuation,

sami1010220 chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
that was so good! i had no idea what to expect, but that wasn't it. very creative. i actually enjoyed reaidng each of the couples' stories as much as i did snapeand harry's. great job
maemay81 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Marvelous, absolutely amazing. For a minute there I thought Harry & Severus wouldn't make it. I love your writing. (I think I need a tissue...)
Winoniel chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Beautiful story! I am so glad I finally got the chance to read this (I am so behind it's not even funny).

The ominous atmosphere surrounding the curse was nicely drawn, keeping the doubt alive about whether or not they'd beat it (though knowing your style, I felt kind/sorta/maybe 70% almost sure that they would). What was particularly poignant was the desperation that fueled their lovemaking and the pervasive fear that was the one aspect I DID enjoy about the dreaded non-real DH. You really captured that marvelously.
virus-of-blossoms chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Wow. That was emotional and beautifully written!
DanceswithHippogriffs chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
i really, really enjoyed this! a fabulous premise for a one-shot, and wonderfully written!
Ming Xiong chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
That was beautiful! I especially liked the ending. Thank you very much!
lovetoseverus chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
First off, I adore the song Hallelujah. I'm pretty sure I have at least eight versions of it in my iTunes library, each sung by a different person or group. I like the different takes people have on it, and it's amazing to me what each one evokes because of its differences. I recall reading the first couple words of your quote at the top of the page (always the first thing I look at) and I heard the song in my head even before I had gotten far enough to see it attributed to Leonard Cohen. I just knew. As always, your quotes are apropos and well chosen.

Then, when I read the prompt for this story, I immediately got a lump in my throat, and it never quite left. The idea that Harry and Snape were not just lovers from one war-time period, as the prompt suggested, but rather lovers from at least three other lifetimes prior to canon - especially where it always ends tragically, where one person must lose the other - well, I just don't know what to say to that. Words are proving elusive.

It's one thing to love Snarry at face value (because, hey, it just makes sense!), but it's another thing entirely to *really* understand the implications of an over-arching theme like reincarnation. That Harry and Snape are completely, utterly, irrevocably soul mates, and that they continue to find each other in each subsequent lifetime, no matter their names or circumstances or appearances. And that they do it no matter how it ends.

This is beyond Shakespearean "romance." This is beautiful and heartbreaking and perfect.

It's also at a moment like this when I briefly scan over the other reviews you've had on this story and I wonder if I'm reading the same thing as everyone else. Maybe this is just a weightier subject for me than most, I dunno.

My favorite parts were the "present day" timeline, as I'm always a fan of stories weaving themselves into canon and making everything click. The anguish, particularly in those sections, was palpable. I found the other timelines a little confusing and harder to connect with, but only because it wasn't always clear to me who was who. However, this is a minor critique, and certainly didn't take away from the story as a whole.

*puts her heart back into place*

Oh, and the last line is just evil. *smirk* (It immediately brought to mind the final scene of Avatar, which I thought was brilliant, even if that kind of trick just makes me wander off grumbling, "You can't stop *there*...")
tamsonight chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
cute i liked it sad but cute and happy