Reviews for Day Of Rain
Katydid43 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
The sheer outrage of the parent in me screams out, "How could you leave your eight-year-old in charge of your four-year-old for a week without proper supervision?" I know... I already know the answer to that question, and despite the fact that I don't agree with it and would never condone it, even under the circumstances John did it, I do have a comprehension of why he allowed his eight-year-old to be both mother and father to his four-year-old. It just saddens me because minus the Fugly the father is chasing to destroy, there are children raising children all over the world because their parents aren't there to do it. I'm sure you didn't mean to bring this thought to the fore with your drabble, but it did, and for a moment I was horrified on behalf of Sam and Dean and their upbringing. Nicely done! :-)
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Oh, baby. *strokes wee!Dean's forehead* *tucks him in* *offers him a popsicle while wiping his forehead with a cool cloth*

The poor kid is - at the same time - so so old and so so young. I love how old Dean sounds - he's the adult who's relieved that the kid's asleep and he can have a moment to gather himself and I love him watching the rain, waiting for the Impala. The mood is gorgeous... and I love how Dean's thoughts turn to the adult things of hoping his Dad's okay and what to do with the cash and how they're going to get food. These are burdens no child should EVER have to bear. And the poor kid has a headache and aches and pains and a fever and he's just exhausted. Wouldn't be surprised if he's physically sick from worrying.

I LOVE that John actually came home and that he's man enough to take care of his sick, exhausted, worried eight-year-old son. I love John just letting little Dean curl into him and stroke his head and tuck him into bed. I hate John's guts, but in a case like this... I just need him to be a friggin' father and take care of his son. And I love that he does and that Dean's not alone.
sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Hi, That was just so heartbreakingly sweet, i love that John arrived and took care of his boy.

Loved it, thanks. x
494dwangel chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
sometimes i truly h8 john...dean is sucha hero
Abcbatsyzyx chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Another great drabble! Thanks once again!