Reviews for The Proposal
The Path of Supreme Conquest chapter 1 . 3/26
Hahahah!
This was perfect.
FFFG chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Aah, that was fun! Cute and totally just like Toph would do. It's a shame that people forget her esteemed roots and always have her being tactless for no other reason that to be a rebel. This little blurb shows that there really is a method to her madness. I mean, come on, who else would approach the Dragon of the West and ask to shack up merely as a 'business transaction'. She's gold, and so is Iroh. Thank you for letting me imagine all the levels of badassery any child they could create would be. KTN!
CLARALY chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
CREEPY!
Extended Experience chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
O-o
Yiko Zipper chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
hahah, i can't believe that i'm saying this, BUT IT MAKES SENSE. toph's decision totally makes sense!
if Iroh had only been (much) younger and Toph (much) older, i would ship them as hard as
this is well written, i really enjoyed reading this!
TheBeautifulTagedy chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
I love this
lemon-rind chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Oh, god. I don't know whether to be embarrassed for them, or just laugh, because Toph obviously doesn't give two shits about children and marriage.
BlueNynaeve chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Brilliant. Scary as all get out, but really fun.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Oh, Toph is plenty manipulative when she feels like it.

Also. Ew. Blunt force mental trauma.
Lihkan chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
And that's how we got Lin
JoanIncarnate chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
oh my- hahahahahahaha, oh my god, i'm still laughing. this is too good.
Serendipithy chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
My reaction went from "Ewwwww" to "OMG LOL" in less than five minutes. Congrats, LOL.

I have to say, I was just about to stop reading it until I got to the punchline (or twist of sorts.)
7thtreasure chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Wahaha, AWESOME! Love it!
Sandra Phillips chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
I love Toph. So much. You captured her spunk perfectly, and I could just see poor Iroh's pained face... lol. Gross and disgusting and yet so hilarious! I laughed forever when I read this. Then I told all my friends about it, and they just gave me this face. Hahaha they didn't understand how great this was until they read it.

And yes, Toph and Iroh's kids would be possible the most badass people on the entire planet. Except Toph and Iroh themselves.

I wonder, though, which one of them would raise the poor kid?

Good job, awesome job, I wanted to stop as soon as I read what it was about but I just couldn't! That's the way to grab the reader!
Erichthonius chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
You officially won me over at "We're talking epicness here!" 'Cuz Toph's right, there would be bad-assery galore. Can you imagine a devious little proverb sprouting brat whose adventures (read Houdini worthy escapes into the city streets) would drive his parents to distraction... or an early grave. Perhaps instead of Earth rumbles there would be illicit tea competitions where the tyke would use his/her firebending as a competitive advantage (water instantly as the perfect temperature for brewing different types of teas).

Ahem, moving on now... I find your take on this crack!ship absolutely hilarious. Two master of brinkmanship were going head to head. Toph really had Iroh going I think until she crossed the line with the disowning bit. But considering Iroh's reputation in the Earth Kingdom would the Bei Fong's seriously be willing to listen to anything he had to say?

Great job!