Reviews for Far From Home
Badgedbadger chapter 3 . 12/3/2014
I love how smoothly you've been integrated into the pokemon world. I love SIs, but I can never stand the awkward out-of-place angst that often comes with them. I don't mean the feeling of estrangement and loneliness, but the secrecy and culture clashes are rarely executed well, and you managed to sidestep this.
Mitsuyuki-Hime chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Hmm, so I'm gonna guess it was either Giratina or Celebi that brought her there...
Memory25 chapter 4 . 11/26/2014
Ooooh, so pokemon do eat here! :D That's awesome.
Memory25 chapter 2 . 11/26/2014
Erm...just wondering, are you going to make it so she has to feed her pokemon? I know the game never really mentions it, but I think it's realistic if pokemon need to eat everyday just like regular animals.
Similar Hues chapter 8 . 10/14/2013
Haven't played heartgold in a while, but isn't she supposed to beat faulkner next?
KinKitsune01 chapter 8 . 10/4/2013
I hope you'll update this soon, it's pretty good. i like how you expand on the standard (heart)gold/(soul)silver plot. :)
A Midnights Dream chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Wow this was really unique and different. Very well written, you've taken a story that people have told countless times and made it into something new. I really like the character so far (I hope that doesn't seem awkward seeing as how the character is literally you, am I right?) She's down to earth, level headed and she's handling this very realistically. It's funny how she will have knowledge about certain things that happen in the game, such as douchebag (I'm pretty sure I called him that at one point too...or was it Jace? :0 he always seemed like a Jace to me) stealing the totadile. It'll be weird because it will be like she has a clairvoyance sort of thing going on. I'm not sure how I feel about the pokemon not talking in this story. Like, I get it: I think it's more realistic that they make animal related noises rather than just say their names or talk in human speech. And besides, a lot of people like to vocalize the pokemon in their stories so I can see why all of that would turn you off. But I think that pokemon talking to their trainers creates a wonderful dynamic to the pokemon and gives them more dimensions as characters. But we'll see, just because the pokemon don't talk doesn't mean that they'll have less meaningful relationships with your character. I'm kind of curious as to why you made Ethan a nine-ten year old boy but you chose to make douchebag closer to your age. Though I do admit he is kind of hot, but I have to wonder if this is for some love interest reason? Just a theory. And you know, it's kind of weird that Prof Elm is just giving Brittany all this stuff and is like "Yep, here's a bag, here's one of my rarest pokemon, here's some money-okay! I'm trusting you to go and run that errand for me!" And I know Brittany's not that type of character but...She could really just never come back if she wanted to and basically steal all his stuff. I think the professor is being a little too trusting to be honest. But now that I think about it, The professor's actions also gives the story a sense of incredulousness like I presume you want it to. Sorry for blathering, I just wanted to let you know you did an awesome job and I think I'm gonna keep reading! Bye now!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
I love the story! You describe the details well. There is a flaw, however. Earlier in chapter 8 when Brittany and Darren go to the tower you say that they teamed up as they went through it, but when they reach the elder Brittany is thinking that it will be her first double battle. Just thought I should let you know that. Thanks for sticking with your story and not forgetting about it! I'm looking foward to the next chapter!
Jestie Uchiha chapter 8 . 6/18/2013
Hopefully she outruns Damien! I love it when she encounters Silver, those are my favorite parts! Flammie is so cute! I think, after a month of disobedience, I would have abandoned Apolo whether he liked it or not. Loved it! Update soon please!
mmsbddvr chapter 8 . 6/3/2013
I liked your series, take a month to training a pidgey to sort of listen to you is definitely real, I mean it can take months to teach a dog a simple 'stay' and while pokemon are way more intelligent there is still what they would call bonds?

I can't imagine a strong pokemon willing to listen to a trainer it doesn't know. Cough Gyarados encounter soon? A trainer with an evolve magikarp who can't control them and dying would be an awesome way to hit home this is real. Even it's running away it be marvelous to be scared out mind and pee your self.

Also do affinity exist in your universe, trainers who specialize in a certain type get advantages in training them? Because that would be the only reason I see why anyone being of logical mind would choose to specialize.
StarTrail chapter 8 . 5/29/2013
So good! I love how you put a spin on it like this-making it so realistic. (Darren and Damien are both awesome, btw. Your OC's are always great)

My favorite pokemon game when i was little was crystal, (like i was still trying to beat it when D/P came out) so it put a smile on my face when some of the town names popped up!

hope you can update soon!
TheSecondOtherGuy chapter 8 . 5/25/2013
O_O
Kago no Tori chapter 8 . 5/10/2013
Well shit. I'm reading Pokemon fanfiction.

I'm going to curse you as I wait for the next chapter.
chaosrin chapter 8 . 4/7/2013
Which side of Team Rocket will you show? The funny or semi-serious or bit of both?
Brits doubts sure is big...kind of hard to see the reality of it from the outside when within
you carefully portrayal battles as complicated strategy and reactions feels lacking in tension
but its sort of understandable in realism context. Great chapter as always
Anyway do please update bit faster next time
kenegi chapter 8 . 3/21/2013
You know I wonder how a Brittany from New Reality or Operation: Advert Crisis would have handle the pokeverse.