Reviews for A Smart Discussion
gracesnape chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Very nicely done, with good plot and character development, as well as grammar :)
Asterix Tutnix chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Thanks for posting this story!

First of all, I have to say that it has always annoyed me to no end that in canon Harry never even tried to apologize to Snape. And Lupin just told him that Occlumency is important and didn't even suggest that Harry should apologize ... Well, we all probably know that Snape wouldn't have accepted Harry's apology anyway. Actually the way you wrote it is most likely the only way Snape could be persuaded to listen to Harry. "I came to you with the offer, and you can stand there all you like and pretend you wouldn't get any satisfaction out of giving me six of the best, but we both know that isn't true!" Yes, Harry got it exactly right and did not only show cleverness but above all a lot of bravery here.

I liked how you had the whole story written from Snape's perspective and still kept him in character as a dislikable person. Yes, he couldn't resist Harry's offer to cane him, and of course he couldn't just get on with it, he had to tease Harry about lowering his trousers before. And before that, when Harry was apologizing, he didn't make it exactly easier for him.

As for Harry I think you kept him well in character, the way he was in the 5th book. His mood swings from pleading to respectful to impudent and back - definitely a teenager!

Yes, Harry is brave going to Snape with the cane like he did (though he didn't know what he was getting into), but he is not immune to pain and the fact that he broke down in the end made the character even more believable.

The fact that it was DD's cane came as a surprise to me at the end and I can imagine all too well that DD had tried to talk Harry out of his plan. I really wonder how this conversation between Harry and Dumbledore went! Any chance you might write that bit, maybe as a second chapter? (Just an idea). Anyway, I will definitely look out for more stories from you!
Siriusly-im-no-muggle chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
oh, I like it! I can actually imagine Harry really doing this! Very brillantly written!
Ketterly chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Thank you for all the lovely reviews!

This was my first attempt at fanfiction. I know the subject matter isn't for everyone, so I appreciate all the kind words.
Min chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Interesting resolution to the pensieve incident. It was surprising at the end there, that it was Dumbledore's cane!
CharlotteParkinson chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Just WOW!
icul8er chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
lol that was a cute story :D

i loved both Snape and Harry's character depictions; they were spot on, bravo!

it was so well written again bravo!

i'd love to read more of your work ;p
kickthemoon chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I often dread little one shots just focussing on CP but I was really surprised by yours. Your writing was very good and you didn't make Snape saccharine or make Harry out to be used to that kind of treatment from the Dursleys or some such thing.

I would really enjoy reading more of your work as you seem to really get both characters.
Daisy Mai chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Well written story. Your vocabulary choices are good as is your grammar. I hate stories that have a good 'plot' idea but are poorly written.

I'd like to read anything else you've written, or intend to write.

ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
heartbreaking. still good. i dont think it should b only k tho
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
That actually was very well done, I liked that Harry went and took a punishment he deserved and Severus was actually very fair with it.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2