Reviews for Behind Stained Glass
Eriza-chan chapter 43 . 9/28
this story was great! i'm glad i read SGS first so i knew the story :)
These are marvelous. How can you write it so well, It is literally as perfecr as Carlisle would have written these! I just cant find right words. My dear... You are a reincarnation of them both.
SilverTippedWings chapter 35 . 12/3/2014
Okay. So I didn't know which one to review because I read both of your stories and I loved them both. Let me just say, you got the characters exactly right. They're even better than the characters SM created, you somehow made them richer and more alive than ever. I wasn't a real big Carlisle and Esme fan but you have completely won me over and now I can't help but love them. And I didn't really like Edward either but he was so hilarious and sarcastic in this story I nearly died. My favorite scene was in this chapter with the letters. Though I do like how he's trying to set up Carlisle and Esme. He has the best lines and I can't imagine what it would be like having to read the minds of my parents when they're thinking very sexual thoughts. I love the three characters and even though I felt like the story was very long at some points, you have a fabulous way of writing and your writing style can only get better from this masterpiece so I am excited to see where you go. Thank you for deciding to write this story and bless us all with your talent.
Samy.N.K chapter 7 . 10/10/2014
Mackenzie, this chapter touched my heart. You have described the complex bond, relationship between Carlisle and Annaliese so nicely...its perfect. All the while, while reading the chapter, I prayed that Carlisle changed her. That you wrote like that. But of course we know the whole saga and the story. Thank you for sharing your literature.
Samy.N.K chapter 4 . 10/9/2014
Mackenzie, I think that your vocabulary is really good. You have perfected the skill of personification, not only in 'Behind stained glass', but also in 'Stained glass soul'. Your thoughts, and the way you compare, or describe things is unique. You have a very good sense of comparing and presenting something in an elegant way, in a way that no one could imagine; a quality that some lack. I like the fact that you have considered Stephanie's descriptions about the characters and their history, and written the chapters according to that.
Heather chapter 43 . 4/23/2014
Thank you for this.
TMIdiamond789 chapter 43 . 1/19/2014
I am only reviewing Behind Stained Glass because it's the one I just finished and it might take too long to review both:)
I do not have knowledge of the words that can describe your writing's full beauty, but I will try.
It is truly breathtaking, both this story and Stained Glass Soul. The titles are fabulous, emotional, inspiring. The words are so emphasizing, so beautiful, so full of truth and love. The chapter titles are magnificent- defining the honest meaning behind the story in the individual chapter.
I want to say, thank you so, so, so much for a fantastic, breathtaking, glorious, passionate story of Carlisle and Esme.
I think if it was actually in book- form, this story would've been longer than Breaking Dawn, which is 754 pages.
And that's a good thing; I love reading- mostly really long books.
I swear: the only thing I like more than this story is an actual book- books, really: the Mortal Instruments series, but that's beside the point.
Reading your fanfictions Stained Glass Soul and Behind Stained Glass honestly almost made me cry. The raw passion and true love is something that rarely pops up in life, something to be treasured, treated as though worth more than endless diamonds.
I cannot possibly fathom how much I truly loved this story.
The characters are incredibly developed; there is no lies, no false fronts, just honesty. And a lot of sincerity.
And faith is a large factor, one that I enjoy reading about. I loved that Esme's opinion on her own soul changed.
And I adored the endings; they were perfect, fantastic, fabulous, amazing, breathtaking, jaw- dropping, and heartbreakingly good.
They just had so much- oh, here I go using these words AGAIN- truth and love and emotion.
These two twin stories possess an angelic quality; that is the level of beauty that shines so obvious to my own eyes.
I would wish for you to become an author and have a book published, if you haven't by chance already, because if you wrote your own tale with the amount of heartbreaking, breathtaking passion that you used with this story, you'd sell... A LOT of books; people would devour them like a buffet table after being stranded in the middle of nowhere for six months.
The use of the right words to play with people's emotions as if they were impossible instruments…
This kind of work is something to be cherished.
Thank you so, so, so much.
- TheMortalInstrumentsDiamond789
BlueCrystals23 chapter 43 . 12/11/2013
I am CRAZY about this story. I will read it again sometime, not right away because of how long it is, but someday. I am also called PurpleButterfly or Kaitlyn23.
This story is amazing. The power that just flows from the sentence, the love, the detail, the feelings... It's shockingly fantastic.
The punctuation, for example. It's fabulous, and I haven't found any errors. Maybe because I was caught up with Carlisle and Esme, but still…
The story is so descriptive. There's a prefect anology for everything, and the characters are so well developed. It's also great how you fit in the titles- stained glass soul and behind stained glass- into the end. Summary fabulous. amazing out of this world, breathtakingly good story. Your story's very inspiring, too. Keep writing... This is the best Carlisle/ Esme story I've ever read, and I've read almost all of them written.
PurpleButterfly chapter 36 . 11/22/2013
I don't have a clue what the heck to say. I love this story, adore it, all that jazz. This is justice for a lonely soul. Carlisle is... Wow. This story is written like a dream.
PurpleButterfly chapter 10 . 11/22/2013
Don't have a favourite, like em all:) amazing job!
Tish the Dish chapter 5 . 7/28/2013
A simple little! The intense internal struggle of both men, beautifully and painfully depicted. Carlisle, not wanting to lose this chance at love, and Edward, not wanting to lose his place in Carlisle's life, tore at my heart. Awesome read!
Tish the Dish chapter 4 . 7/27/2013
Whose view is the right one? Indeed a greatly debatable question. Both Carlisle and Edward had valid points. Awesome insight into Edward's mindset, as well as his sire's strong conscience.

Great lines:
"But once Carlisle's fingers found the cross around his neck, he did not let go."
"But peace is not as powerful."
Tish the Dish chapter 3 . 7/27/2013
What a beautiful and poetic chapter! Truly, you can't rush a miracle. I felt Carlisle's heart through its twists and turns. Love this line: "By God, he would cling to this woman like a dreamer to a net full f struggling stars." How lovely.
Tish the Dish chapter 2 . 7/26/2013
Wow! Powerful insight into Carlisle's heart the night he saved his love. It wrenched my heart.
Chelsy chapter 33 . 4/9/2013
Good Lord.
If this comes out a movie, I will find cure for cancer.
Divine writing, and unpredictable.
I'm planning to be a director someday. And I will try to persuade the author to work with me and bring this story to life. Mark my words. Then the world will see what true love means and how Bella and Edward are amateurs!
Very very nice story :) you molded Carlisle and Esme perfectly.
3,046 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »