Reviews for Fate's Game
Solvdrage chapter 13 . 5/17/2014
I'm shocked this fic doesn't have more reviews. I'm curious about the ending as it was very very open, however.
Nemrut chapter 13 . 4/1/2013
Interesting story, I am not much of a fan of the ShiroxSaber pairing, but the chemistry felt nice and I think you nailed Rin pretty good as well.

One question though: as soon as it became clear, why didn't Ilya and Rin try to summon Servants as well? I understand that Saber was the last Servant to be summoned, but they didn't know that, think they would have at least tried as soon as they could to have as many servants on their side as possible. Not to mention that Rin and Ilya are pretty much the best and most capable masters that I have seen in the fate series (only fate zero and fate stay night, unfortunately) so far. Would have made sense that they would have at least tried.

Anyway, entertaining story, thank you for sharing this.
shark bandanaz chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
Hope you get the sequel up soon. Amazing story. This was pretty much everything I was looking for when I first set out on my quest to find stories were Shirou isn't a total dead weight.
Liberius chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
...you can't steal a Heroic Spirit's noble phantasm after its death. Period. A noble phantasm is almost always explicitly tied to a particular owner (the most important part of Shirou's Reality Marble is that it not only copies noble phantasms, but it also makes him the owner of the copy. For example, if anyone else but Lancer were to use Gae Bolg, then they could use it as a very powerful lance, but only Lancer (or Shirou if he copied it) could use its reverse-causality effect because only the owner could activate it) and will disappear as the owner dies. There are limited exceptions, but this ain't one of them
RykOakwine chapter 13 . 2/2/2012
An enjoyable read. It felt like you could have written a lot more about the things that were going on, but otherwise it was great. The last part of section 12 and the Epilogue were a bit unsatisfying, though.

It feels like there wasn't enough closure. Is Shirou really living with all the girls? Harem? If not, what is the resolution?

I mean, the three main branches of the Fate story give him the chance for love with all three girls; Rin, Saber, Sakura. It seemed like you were trying to blend all three endings together so that all of them could end up with a "true" ending, but with the way the ending sort of felt truncated it's hard to tell.

Anyway, great read and enjoyed it, thank you for sharing it with us.
black-klepon chapter 13 . 11/17/2011
Uh... I'm confused between the epilogue and the last chapter?

Nevertheless, this story deserves more review - and I cannot say anything anymore; I'm floored by the sheer... epicness of the battles. And moreso that Shirou literally kicks a**. And the not-so-subtle undertone of romance on several parts add up to the whole story...

Well. I know this isn't a good review by far, but just so you know that I loved this story, even if it's rather short. :)
Angry Santo chapter 13 . 9/13/2011
I know I'm a little late to the party, but hey, can't help it.

Very good story. My favorite pairing in F/SN was Shirou/Saber. Loved the story. A very good read. Heavy on the spoilers by necessity but you did warn us about that. Keep up the good work
Raj8 chapter 13 . 5/9/2011
Strange epiloge but other than that a good story
BerserkSlash chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
So I'm guessing that you had Shirou accidentally be able to use Heaven's Feel.
HopelessRomanticist chapter 13 . 3/11/2011
Easily my favourite FSN fanfic. And also in my top 10 list of fanfics.

Loved the fight scenes, loved the Saber/Shirou relationship (My account name is certainly true, and that one pairing is by far my favourite FSN pairing). Your explanations in magic simply WORKED for me and the whole 'inner circuit' and the invisible blade projection was just pure awesome.

I await the sequel (I assume there will be one, with the current ending...) with much glee and enthusiasm.

Faved, Faved, Subbed

HR
Wordlurker chapter 13 . 10/18/2010
Nice. Not bad at all. There aren't many Fate/Stay Night fics out there that I find worthwhile, but this is one of them.
ej chapter 13 . 7/20/2010
great story! I liked the action scenes and how you handled the characters. The story had a good flow and you did a great job with pacing of the story. The voice of the characters was easy to distinguish. A little confused about the epilogue and what it has to do with the story. It looks like you left it open for a sequel. Looking forward to seeing if there is one. Great job keep up the good work.
Arc Trader chapter 13 . 7/19/2010
Well!

This was quite the enjoyable read. The whole "6th Grail War" is something that is so abused in the fandom and I've grown quite sick of it, but you pulled it off pretty darn well.

What really sets this story apart from all those other 6th FAIL War fanfics is that it took the time to logically explain why the war was starting up again despite the Grail's destruction... whereas so many other fanfic authors just do it to bring Saber back and then end up having to build their story AROUND that plot point, instead of the other way around which is what happened here.

Bear in mind that I don't really know much about FSN beyond the TV anime. I've read on wiki about Hollow Ataraxia, so I understand who Avenger is, but all I know about Heaven's Feel is what a friend summarized it as: "Sakura has wacko grandpa, Sakura has sex worms, Sakura becomes shadow, Saber goes bad, Saber dies, Sakura eats everything." That's about it.

Apparently though, those little tidbits were all I needed to enjoy this story all the way through. I must say I was a little disappointed there weren't any "recharging" scenes between Shirou and Saber, but I got a good crack out of her saying "We've only done it twice" with nobody realizing she's talking about dates. LOL.

Also, Leonidas is WIN. It DEFINITELY helps that just last night, I watched the episode of Deadliest Warrior "Back for Blood" which ended up with SPARTAN vs. SAMURAI, and it was... hilariously badass in a cheesy way, like every DW episode.

If I have a quibble with this story, it's that some of the Masters kinda just came out of nowhere, didn't do much, and were effectively neutralized. The Einzbern kid is the one that comes to mind for me here. I suppose though it doesn't really matter, since Zouken and the evil shadow were the real villains.

Also! Saber in a white dress! YAY! Saber in a business suit! It's strangely appealing to me! Saber doing a Hunk-patented NECKBREAKER to her dark self! OHH YEAH

I kinda wish Gilgamesh was back, if only because everything he did was so over-the-top it was both ridiculous and awesome.

Also, I know nothing about Tsukihime, so I'm totally in the dark at that epilogue, so yeah.

Cheers.
Avatar's Creed chapter 11 . 5/24/2010
Ah yes, every story with Shirous Unlimited Blade Works in it deserves an award... UBW is the best thing any mind on this planet ever thought of (except Eyes of Death Perception perhaps)...

Please excuse my lack of constructive criticism, but it's rather late where I'm sitting, so perhaps another time I'll write something more usefull... :)
VeeAmAy chapter 11 . 5/22/2010
I love your battle scenes :)