Reviews for The Preacher's Son
chmcolli chapter 3 . 6/29/2010
love how you connected the ending of the last chapter to this one. Love this story. So well thought out and researched, and very realistic. I think with such subject matter, it's so easy to sort of "make it up" as you go along, and it seems sort of inauthentic, but I don't get that feeling from your story. You definitely give a strong voice to those experiences. I've read a lot on the blatant instability of most of Africa, and I feel like what you've written so far is quite accurate.

Look forward to the next update and E/B's initial interactions. I'm sure she'll love it when she finds out he HAD to be there rather than wanted to be. She doesn't seem too afraid to speak her mind.
MadelineRenee chapter 3 . 6/29/2010
Glad to see another chapter!
ecxe chapter 2 . 6/18/2010
these two are definitely going to clash.
linz832 chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
Really liking this story so far, very much looking forward to meeting bella & the 2 of them meeting
addavidson chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
Aww, he's already smitten. I have a feeling she's not going to like him very much though...can't wait for more!
addavidson chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Wow, what an ass! I can't wait until he gets his reality check!
shannabanana1 chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
I started reading this after the last chapter of Chance Encounter, can't wait for the update and the introduction of Bella, she sounds, strong and independent.
BrightEyedStranger84 chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
I loved the chapter and can't wait to read more.
TropicOfCancer chapter 2 . 5/23/2010
Wow...the second chapter was even more amazing and well-written than the first one. I dunno why but I really like Akello and I hope he continues in the story.

Bella seems to be a mature, kind hearted girl and that's precisely what our Edward needs. I can't wait for an update...this is going to be such a great story. Thank you for sharing it. :)
TropicOfCancer chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Hey there.

That was an AMAZING first chapter, bb! I'm so curious to read more, I'm sure this is going to be a great story! Edward is not a bad person, deep inside I can tell he's a sweet boy, a good person. He just has been terribly spoiled in life, so he takes everything for granted and don't give things the value they deserve. I think that experience in Africa will change his view of the world and his life forever. I'm so excited to read more of this story and for him to meet Bella. :)
MartaK chapter 2 . 5/22/2010
This is getting more and more interesting, although I'm peeved with Edward's attitude. Well, I guess not everytime Edward can be as sweet and understanding as in "Chance Encounter" and that's the point of the story.

You're writing from experience (well at least by travelling to Africa)? Wow, now I can't wait for the next chapter even more!

Oh, and I'm curious as to how will your Bella be. I guess out of all the interpretations out there I like the witty kind with a hint on insecurities. Or maybe I've just read too many emoBellas lately. Anyway I can see that this time it will be Bella leading Edward.
radar1230 chapter 2 . 5/22/2010
I really enjoyed this second chapter. I'm looking forward to BPOV, her reaction to Edward could be interesting. Looking forward to reading more.
jucaran chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
I'm really enjoying this so far. Interesting story idea.
jerseyhalliwell chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
as someone who's been pretty sheltered her entire life, I seriously feel for edward's discomfort at his new surroundings.

that being said, i think it's hilarious the way he complains about absolutely EVERYTHING and carlisle handles his whining like a pro :)

akello seems like an awesome character - yet another reason why i'm so psyched for this story! :)
edwardsisobel chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Two chapters in and I already know that I'm gonna love this story. You paint such a vivid picture of Edward's first sight of the village with the children. As always, looking forward to where you will be taking the story.

Suzanne