Reviews for The Thing with Feathers
theLadyCheshire chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
wow. that was some of the sweetest... that was amazing. i'm so impressed. especially that you made two totally alien species so... human, and yet true to themselves. well done.
mdnytryder chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
You, my dear writer, have a very witty turn of phrase. I don't know how I ever missed finding your stories before!
This had me bust out laughing at least six times.
And then you go all serious with Nick's heroic death.
I loved how you took the twins and gave them a learning experience using the emotion of love towards someone other than themselves.
Very well done.
Alestrel chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
That was absolutely beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I love the way you make them 'human' without humanising them too much, and your ability to express emotional states in spare but powerful language is wonderful.
Blitz-Krazi-1 chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Oh my gosh, I am speechless right now. This was fantastic :)
StarCaptain299 chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
This was a beautiful story :)
femme4jack chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
I cried. Like seriously cried hard. This story was so perfect. Loved the alien species you created, love their familiarity and differences, and loved loved loved the twins in this. Too short, indeed.

Wish I were more coherent and could say more, but I'm going to be reading this one over and over again.
Bibliotecaria.D chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
On the one hand - laughing so dang hard.

On the other - oh. Awwwwwwww. And maybe a little crying.
doodlechick12 chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
That was a very good story. I absolutely loved it.
JenEvan chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Just happened to come across this in coincidence, and it became a fav. Aside from a handful, this is one of the few that could nearly move me to tears 9and grabbing for Kleenex). The way you told your story maintains a smooth flow without jarring differences between present and future; that made reading enjoyable.

Other than that, it is Sunny's & Sides' relationship and love for their very first friend of a different species; and how her passing had hurt them (esp. Sunny), but was also glad Sam had understood enough and tried to help them (and succeeded somehow).

Also, the comparison between the 3 species is interesting :)
SeekerFreefall chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
I wish I had the words to properly explain how this made me feel.. I guess it's a mix of happy/hopeful/sad/glee/sappy with a handful of warm red (and yellow!)fuzzy hugs to top it off. And Sam... oh, Sam, you do understand the Cybertronians so well it's scary. I love this story, I truly do.
yamiishot chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Oh - oh that was just so sweet. Lovely, all of it. The ending really was beautiful too.
MissMary chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
That is an absolutely sweet, feel-good story. Thank you.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I adored this. Gunz is a brilliant believable OC and you make me like her with the twins.
Carmilla DeWinter chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Wow. You knocked my (figurative) socks off with this lovely bit of writing.

I adore the world you set it on - someplace not Earth, not Cybertron - and the no-nonsense way Gunz' wormed (heh) her way into everyone's spark.

That bit about Sunny envying relatively unlikely people for their guts is also interesting. - Sometimes I wonder myself how anyone ever lets their guard down, but that seems to be the miracle of human nature.
Silvera Sea chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
I was looking through a whole library full of Transformers fanfictions, and I had to say, it was the title that caught my eye. I had to memorize that poem for my english class, and had always taken a liking to it. I was wondering how you would incorporate it into the story, I though it would just focus specifically on the word 'hope', and had thought to use the poem as a witty title. Yet how pleasantly amazed I was to find that feathers was directly included. My mom is a bird fanatic, so I had always taken a liking to them. (although I don't know anyone who can't at least tolerate bird)

The story itself was very unique. You have not only incorporated three species, but you have elaborated on the two most fictional of those written, one that you have created created yourself! The interaction between them seemed as close to natural as could be, since there is no actual 'natural' to compare them to, and the emotional ties were not hidden nor exposed but rather present to our 'sixth sense', if you will. The way the story carried out, as a flashback with hints of comments in the present, drew our attention further inwards, till it felt as if I was actually there. The interactions between Gunz and the Autobots had me laughing at times with the lightness of feeling. I was near tears when Gunz died, and with how the whole situation was described. You spoke of their sadness, yet it also seemed as if there was an unspoken strength, an acceptance of loss because of their experience with death. Nick's death also had me near tears, for his heroics. Yet at the end, for these godlike beings who live past eternity, you brought hope. Hope for moving on, hope for recovery out of a hell.

Besides the story, I thought your writing was very enthralling. You are obviously better than the majority who write on this site in talent. I was surprised how there were such little paragraphs, but that made the reading easier. I believe that you have such an extensive vocabulary that a need for long explanations with rudimentary vocabulary is no longer necessary. You could sum up in one word what others would take sentences to do. I, however, at this point in time am not prepared to make that leap. I still have much to learn. For that I give you my deepest respect as a writer.

Thank you so much, for putting this story out for the masses to read. In a pile of uselessness, you have placed a golden nugget, and while on the outside it may be covered in soot, the innards are beautiful to witness. Indeed, it is almost as if it is feathered and glowing, rising with hope.

Peacefully yours,