Reviews for The Darkness Within:The Rewrite
DarkPirateKing69 chapter 1 . 2/21
Man, so nostalgic.. The original one of THE first HP fics i ever read on this site and definitely my introduction to the whole Dark Harry genre.
Nangellpotter chapter 54 . 2/16
update update update...! update pleaseeeeeeeee...

l love harry so much.

poor jameeesss... :'-)
Arwengeld chapter 14 . 2/6
I think that Harry can't return with the Potter. Honestly, he killed a lot of people so I don't think he can have a normal life now. I can'imagine a rehab for him.
Arwengeld chapter 13 . 2/6
very sad for James
Arwengeld chapter 12 . 2/6
Well James is very shocked now ! I'm wondering if Harry will say something to him or not.
Arwengeld chapter 1 . 2/6
Hello,

I discovered your history in french with a traduction one hour ago but the traductor use a lot of time to publish. So I would like to follow you directly in order to read the entire story and the sequel. Beautiful work of yours really, it's an amazing story !

I'm not an english native so please excuse my grammar mistake in my reviews !
Eaze chapter 54 . 2/3
I love this! I'm actually enjoying this even more than the original. I really hope you hadn't abandoned this story and you'll update soon!
Up-In-the-Clouds1285 chapter 54 . 1/30
Is this rewrite finished? I'm trying to find my spot in your original but I'm having trouble with it. Fanominal story thus far. I'm eager to keep reading. Don't listen to the Ginny hater below. You're incorporating the cannon with the AU very well and you're not JK Rowling so saying things like "human world" instead of "muggle work" is nitpicky and just plain rude to get pissy over. Your plot and characters are well developed, clear, and I feel every emotion and deep hurt in Harry's complex and impossible situation. I'll be reading the rest soon
Dre chapter 54 . 1/25
You should get a beta reader for this story, that if you don't have one already. There's a lot of mistakes, both grammar and contextual, which kinda steal a bit from the value of your work. For example, you say somewhere something about Harry hiding in the 'human world'. I know what you meant, but getting rid of the mistakes would be great.

I also hate that despite being an alternate universe, you keep the one canon thing and pair Harry with Ginny. Like... what the fuck, that makes no sense and sounds just stupid: Ginny being this lovesick person right from the beginning (from the first fucking chapter when that was mentioned I just knew where it would lead), searching for some unknown hero of hers, then later on, Harry, despite being this dark bad boy, goes for it and makes into a nice happy ending. Why is Ginny so special? Maybe if you at least worked more to develop her character, it would have been ok, but no, that is not the case. That's just nasty, and annoys the hell out of me.

Even so, your trilogy is still one of my favourite stories on this website, but it would have been much nicer if you explored the possibility of putting Harry with somebody else, other than Ginny, like.. anybody.
Please update soon I like this version of Darkness Within more ! Please !
SlytherinSherlocked chapter 1 . 1/14
I've read these stories so many times; they're just brilliant. I actually worship these fics and preach them every day (I'm not even joking.) Your writing style speaks to me so well, and I just love the well-embedded themes. I'm one of those people who doesn't just read literature for fun, but questions characters' motives, their backgrounds by how they speak and the tone they convey. I love analysing everything to every single detail and I just find this story perfect. It's a story about identity, family, and love. Don't get me wrong, the original Harry Potter series are amazing, but they don't examine things from another perspective because everything is very one-sided. Even if J.K. Rowling did include characters that aren't completely light side or dark side, they are either minor characters or their qualities aren't examined deeply enough. I love the internal conflict Harry has to deal with and they way that he reacts to obstacles are very realistic.

Now, I love the book "Into the Wild" about Christopher McCandless, or as he called himself, "Alexander Supertramp", "Alex" for short. And when I read that book, I noticed a few parallels between Harry and Chris McCandless in their relationships with the fathers and this sense of feeling like they can get by without anyone's help. I'm just wondering, did you make Harry's alias name "Alex" or that reason? Just curious.

Anyways, I love the way how you made Harry into a complex character. The way that you helped the audience explore his world and tap into the true darkness within him is just perfection. I truly look at your series as an alternative canon universe to the original series. I've recommended it to everyone that I know, most of them ignoring me, though. However, I finally managed to get one of my friends to read it after two years of yapping at her, and she sincerely regrets not listening to me.

Theses stories are a true masterpiece, and in hope you continue to update.

(P.S. I enjoy the Power of Four series too! I bought all of them.)
The Perfect Re TPR chapter 21 . 1/7
lol. I think this is the start of a wonderful relationship between them xD seriously, if he continues with this attitude with Harry, I'm sure that he will be liked in no time (as u can see, personalities like that always are liked in Fanfiction or usually stories. a good example is the original Naruto.)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
Wow that was AMAZING i ed it
Guest chapter 54 . 12/13/2016
Please update soon ! I'm dying to know what happens next ! Don't leave us hanging please !
Care Bearasaurus chapter 28 . 11/27/2016
By now, one would think Harry would just allude to James about exploding potions in class. Or talk lewdly about Lily to Damian. Or call Hermione a mudblood as often as possible. He's very reserved for being dark. Even non murderous mundane teens are crueler in words alone. Even for a T-rating fanfic. Then again Harry Could have gotten back at Dumbledoor by openly taking credit for the Longbottom massacre while laughing. Even if he regrets it, it would stir up the pot.

I don't know, I just get the feeling he's a baby trying to act like a tough bad guy. It comes off as a bad a. fighter with a separate personality in dialogue. Makes the character seem ooc in his own story. Like he's ruthless until the plot happens. I guess that's how I see the inconsistencies. That said the overall plot is amazing, and I love Voldemort's protectiveness. Moody comes off strong, but seems so right that way.
2,347 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »