Reviews for Spirit Song
GoodnessCoconuts chapter 2 . 1/26/2012
Oh good, someone else who calls her Shima! I couldn't find anyone else using that name, so I thought I must have gotten a false name or the like! This is reassuring!

I like this story! It's sort of like a light dessert: not too intense, enjoyable, and makes you feel happy!
ZilverMidnight chapter 5 . 7/8/2010
I love this. It makes me happy to see stories about Native America and it fills me with pride. No words for it! That may be due to the fact that I'm full-blooded Indian. LOL. I'm just glad that we're not forgotten. xD

The writing style seems like the kind I would expect from someone thinking back on their memories. I often hear the elders talking about the old days and they like to speak in great detail about how people acted or how things looked to them. I love your style!

One little thing; the second chapter's list of names? "Onatah" might be a little wrong, considering that there's the five/six different tribes to the Iroquois. I speak Seneca, but I'm not entirely sure if that's from Mohawk or Onondaga. It does sound familiar though.

Keep up the awesome work! I'm actually thinking of writing a story to Native America's background sometime soon, so it's encouraging to see some work up already. :D
nupinoop296 chapter 5 . 6/26/2010
And so it begins...
PROKARIN-and-proud chapter 5 . 6/26/2010
I love the story so far! It's really interesting to read. And I like your writing style too. You paint a very clear picture, and it's very interesting.

Please continue with the story!
awaylaughing chapter 5 . 6/26/2010
Well I'd hate to make you sad! I like this update, the plot progresses, but it makes me sad to realize that Matt and Al won't remember their mother.

The French is pretty good, but I'd put 'Francis, allons-y' or 'allons viens' which means 'come on' instead of 'Francis, revenons'.
omgsomething chapter 4 . 6/18/2010
awww this is cute, and not horrible in any way :D it's so original to what is usually found in the America/Canada fanfics and for that I thank you 0 please continue and I hope you get out of that annoying writer's block :D
nupinoop296 chapter 4 . 6/16/2010
She left them? D:

Thanks for updating!
awaylaughing chapter 3 . 5/12/2010
Who's who was pretty obvious, don't worry. For a first fic this is very, very good. I'm always intrigued to see how others interpret native nations being personified, and I like your approach. Just out of curiosity, the island to the southeast, which would that be? I take it it's not Newfoundland, unless she's in Greenland.

At any rate, I'm really enjoying this, I'll be glad to see more when you update.
SweetNightingale09 chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
I really like this! My head-canon tells me that Alfred and Matthew's mother is Native American and I love your writing style. It's simplistic and yet lyrical. Great job!
EikoChitose chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I liked it! I was actually thinking about this kind of thing the other day. How America and Canada's mother probably looked nothing like them, and how that would work out. I think you did a splendid job, really. Keep it up!
Fai'swingedchronicles chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Please conti ! Ive always wondered about alfreds mother native america because honestly she was the original america. there should be more fics of the 'transaction' that happened!
HippieVampire chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I like it!

Please write more~!
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I like it! It's kind of bittersweet, and I don't think I've ever read anything that involves Native America.
happycucumber chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
I've never really thought about Native America in Hetalia form before, but I think you portrayed her quite well here. You say this is your first time writing something just to write? Well you should definitely continue, because you're very good. Not only grammar/mechanics-wise, but writing something so short is actually quite difficult for most. I really like how you characterized Native America - you didn't tell us what she was like, you showed us through her thoughts. Well done. :)
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
This is a very interesting opening. Keep going!