Reviews for The Misadventures : Over the Hills and Far Away
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Love this fanfic. It's one of my favourite Sam-centric ones from all the ones I've read.

Rhiann's an awesome character. She's the kind who could easily have become a Mary Sue if written differently, but she isn't, so well done there. Love all her Sammy preference ramblings. And her hulahooping. And her silver jewellery.

One query though: the name Rhiann isn't pronounced like Ryann, as far as I know (and I'm from Wales, where the name is from, and I know loads of girls with that name). Is that just how an American accent would change it?

Anyway, really really love the story.
lace502 chapter 16 . 7/22/2010
**tears** wow great story...you are awesome...your stories really flow...I'm super excited for the next one!
lace502 chapter 7 . 7/21/2010
I just finished chapter 7 and loved the part about her going through her purse...sounded exactly like me...other than all of the knives...lol it made me laugh how normal u made the knives seem though...
ashbail256 chapter 16 . 7/6/2010
I really wanted a happy ending. This was still awesome, though.
Sadie Hyde chapter 16 . 6/5/2010
I really enjoyed this. Rhian was fun OC and this'll sound silly but the fact she is a smoker made me like her even more. The way the faeries were being restrained with thin gold chains and drained to sell to vamps made me think it was the most clever twistaround of Southern Vampire Mysteries mythology ever. You've got drainers but their Customers are vamps not victims- plus you got the intoxication of faery blood and the lemon juice in squirt guns. i think the folks of Bon Temps would wholeheartedly admire Rhian's ingenuity and her heritage..

I loved that she went for Sammy, immune to Dean charm, and found their hooking up despite knowing they'd have to part to be totally believable and in character for Sammy and even for this new girl. Do faeries metabolize liquor better tim humans? Hope so else she's looking at chronic pancreatitis followed by eventual cirrhosis of liver.

However I suppose hunters don't usually live long enough for illnesses of age to get 'em, do they.

Loved the use of magic- totally believable and germane to story, and though she's half faery, teeny and cute, hella good fighter, she somehow managed to avoid being marysueish. Kudos on that, there wed many opportunities where MS could have developed but you dodged them all.

I really enjoyed reading this. Would love to read your take on Crowley since you're clearly comfortable writing vice ridden characters, thank goodness bc fandom often lacks them.

Thanks for the great read, and have Rhian send her car to me for a week, ok?
Psycho-Bunny1309 chapter 10 . 6/4/2010
12 Oscars actually, the Return of the King at least. The entire trilogy was nominated for...i wanna say 16 or 17 total. But i can't be positive. Anywhosits. love your story. Keep oooooon writin! _
Starry-Nights-ais chapter 16 . 6/3/2010
Awwww, poor Rhiannon and Sam...and now she doesn't have her special abilities anymore. It was a wonderful way to end it. Definitely felt their emotions!

You are a great writer!
Starry-Nights-ais chapter 15 . 6/3/2010
Wow! Rhiannon's dad was the bad guy all along...huh.

Interesting twist, I like it!

Pretty cool that he was faster than a vampire!

AWESOME!
prboricua7 chapter 14 . 6/3/2010
A bit freaky in the beginning, yet good! I liked this chapter, it was interesting. Can't wait for the next one!
Starry-Nights-ais chapter 14 . 6/3/2010
I'm genuinely scared of Rhiannon. Though I don't think I have much to worry about since I'm not evil.

She is awesome at interrogation.

Dean thinking of the gold rounds is...pretty genius-like of him. We'll see how it all plays out!

Great Chapter!
Starry-Nights-ais chapter 13 . 5/29/2010
Rhiannon is kickass! I surely want to meet her in a back-ally!

Nice chapter! *THUMBS UP!*

Lookin forward to Monday night!
Starry-Nights-ais chapter 12 . 5/28/2010
The web of stars sounds really cool!

Binding Sammy's powers accidentally is good because he won't be able to go all dark side then! But if he does decide to use and something happens there's always having to find Rhiannon agian and see what other adventure they go on!

I don't blame Dean he was trying to protect his little brother, but at the same time he could have handled it a lot better than what he did.

Your story is AWESOME!
Starry-Nights-ais chapter 11 . 5/25/2010
Dean's such a little child sometimes...what to do with him!

The test sample kit along with the Department of Agriculture cover is brilliant! Very intelligent!

A little bathroom lovin' for Sammy and Rhiann!

Giggling? - Men so do giggle! It's not a myth!

Sam - 'Thanks Bar Wench!' - I could just imagine Dean in the outfit! LOL!

"...had her hold some plants for me and 'accidentally' nicked her when I was cutting one...acted all clumsy and awkward and covered the cut with that handkerchief and..." - Sam is good!

*laughes* "Must be 'womanly problems'" - *laughs some more* Dean, Dean, Dean,...there are other reasons for a mood swing.

Rhiannon show those boys the benefits of being one with nature!

Great chapter!
Starry-Nights-ais chapter 10 . 5/23/2010
Lotion!...*blushes*...interesting Sammy!

Dean would totally be up a second...*thinks*...and maybe a third breakfast! LOL!

'...Whoever has the shotgun, gets shotgun. If no one has a shotgun, whoever has the biggest gun gets it.' - That is my new rule! Of course I might have to change it to something that people I know actually have! LOL...maybe biggest cell phone or smallest...yeah that'll work!

The binding ritual...I'm guessing is sorta like the one in 'The Craft'? Awesome!

'one ribbon-covered Dean later' - *raises eyebrows* Huh? Where? LOL! Just kidding!

Sammy is so adorable when he blushes or is flustered!

Chapter 10 Awesome!
xSteelex chapter 9 . 5/22/2010
FINALLY! They finally kissed! I've really enjoyed this story as I read it today. Sorry for not reviewing the previous chapters, but I was enjoying it too much! So, I can't wait to read the following chapters!