Reviews for The Death of Rome
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Holy jesus. this was awesome
FlyingLemonKitteh chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
oh mah gaawwwd freakin hell this is awesome! ooooh myyyy gooodddd i am going to cryyyy... and i love englands little promise which he did actually carry out made everything so freakin awesome omg
JoriWinter chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
You forgot one of the most important bits: Rome was its tax collectors. Maybe didn't fit the romance of the story though, eh?

Good one.
RomeraFeliks chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
oh my, this is a serious masterpiece that you have written. amazing, just amazing. the entire thing was my favorite part, but if i had to pick, it would be the part where you described his death as an orchestra, that was seriously beautiful. wow, i cannot put into words how, well, soulful this is. i feel the need to thank you for this, so, thank you.
Double 0 Ninja chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Wow...
high improbability chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
this

this is brilliant and smashing and beautiful and lovely. it's so many things at once, really, and it's perfect.
Brotmesseresser chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
wow this is beautiful i had goosebumps from the very first sentence on! really lovely story ;)
Clockwork Rebel chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Wow, this is amazingly beautiful

I can't do more than stare at the text, thinking about what you wrote, since there are no word beautiful and perfect enough for this
RainKrystal chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
This is amazing! It's a wonderful look at what makes a Nation tick and it nicely wraps up Rome's fall in a personal way that really tugs at your heartstrings.
erbby17 chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
I'm crying, it was that beautiful.

I really have no other words than that; beautifully written, easy-to-understand concept of 'nationhood'. GAH, just wonderful, especially those last few lines. Great job. 3

~erbby
Flair-of-fire chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
That was- That was... Woooow. You really touched on a lot of things. The contrast/conformity dynamic going on between a Nation-tan's 'human self' and 'nation self' are always interesting to explore and you made it so... Beautiful, touching, emotional, /raw/ and just... a joy to read. Really.

"He was the dusk and the dawn. He was the language formed in the shape of the lips and the teeth and the tongue. He was the shade of the darkness, the voices in dreams, the gods in the heads of the people who lived in his lands. He was the clash of the sword and the point of the arrow. He was the turn of the spokes in the chariot's wheels, the stories in thunder, the echo in forums.

He was the sand on the new shores; he was the conqueror. He was the blood that sank into the earth that was him. He was the victor. He was the footsteps of soldiers, the vastness of mountains, the prayers of gladiators.

He

Was

The

Empire

And he could remember..."

Was my favourite passage. Just... wonderful imagery. Amazingly poetic and still so blunt in the emotion it was conveying. I don't know if you achieved what you set out to write either, but I'd be damn proud of this piece if I were you.

I think I'll go read it over again just to bask in awe.

(Doesn't help that I'm a hopeless fangirl of Grandpa Rome and Germania interaction which you pulled off with such finesse that I can only dream of achieving one day. Awesome.)

Keep writing! Seriously, I love love love your stuff!

~Flair
preusterreich chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Once again, you've amazed me with your skills. This story gave me that prickly skin feeling! It's just...super awesome.
Firebirdie chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Wow. That was . . . that was powerful. Gorgeous descriptions, wonderful stream-of-consciousness style . . . It's bittersweet and beautiful and if it's ambiguous about what makes a nation a nation, it's in a good way.

In sum: fantastic :)
yugioh-fan88 chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
*bawls* That was beautiful ;-; Granted I'm already sad right now but... Man that was so well written.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Germania didn't mean to kill him. But man, you weren't kidding when you said "blink-and-you-miss-it".

Lovely work as always.