Reviews for On the Run
amethystfirechik chapter 8 . 9/16/2013
Poor Kon. The last two chapters were heart wrenching. I really thought he was going to die. That experience was really traumatizing for him. I'm glad Ichigo had a somewhat heart to heart with him. This is a great story by the way. There aren't too many story's out there about Kon, I'm glad I read this one.
schyra chapter 8 . 6/9/2013
Must say, I really loved this fic! Perfect Kon characterization, and he is a rather underappreciated character in my opinion. I would like to see a bit more comforting or gentleness from Rukia, as she does seem to (subtly) be affectionate with Kon.

All in all, a great read! Thanks!
FashionablyHospitable chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
I like Kon's characterization. There aren't enough Kon stories out there.
SqueeFreak chapter 8 . 10/7/2012
Aww! Poor Kon! He went through so much! DX This was really well written. I like it very much! There isn't enough of Kon out there and you did a fantastic job with this story _
zara2148 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Hey, just got back into reading Bleach fanfiction (for reasons sadly unrelated to Kon - AiIchi has become my dark, guilty pleasure). Glad to hear I was able to in any way inspire this. ONWARD TO NEXT CHAPTER!
GoldenFalcon-101 chapter 8 . 2/22/2012
I've just noticed that throughout the whole thing...except the last chapter...I think Kon only says about three full sentences. This alone makes this story amazing. The fact that you could portray such emotion without having him say anything is incredible. This is probably my third or so re-read of it, I love it :DD
hyrushoten chapter 8 . 2/14/2012
A very nice, neat story. I really enjoy this type of story; the whole untold episode that fits in the canon, but offers more depth and focus than the canon did on a subject. Your focus was especially good. Kon gets almost no love from canon or fanon and is turned into a bad comic relief character right after he is introduced. I also really enjoy the few good fanfics set at the beginning of Ichigo's journey, before all the crazy power-ups and huge cast start showing up. As to your writing you do a good job keeping everybody in character and your OCs work well without dominating the story. You also do a good job expressing just what Kon went through during the chase. Overall a great story of a type that is seen too rarely, good job.
Silent-Sarcasm chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
I remember reading your other story and how i like it so most. So i had to we this no too. While i was reading the ended i half expect a ichikon hug somewhere in there if though we all no ichigo dont do hugs. And also i had a idea for you. A story where kon some how gets traps in ichigo's mind. There he meets hichigo shirosaki. And they go on a adventure somewhat. Ichigo falls unconious do a battle and re-enters his body while kon still inside. But he opponent does as well. And he trys to take over ichigo.
Vheeri The Succubus chapter 8 . 11/21/2011
Decided to review. I must say, this is probably the best Kon centric story on the internet. Even better than the actual arc (the Regai arc) in the anime. I could even feel my legs cramping just by reading. Good work. You really do deserve more praise. I mean, I've been shuffling through the massive piles of garbage which is the Bleach section and seeing this was a relief. Please continue writing more Bleach... please?

I'm sure I'll be obsessed with your One Piece fics when that pirate obsession kicks in.
Shadowfox chapter 8 . 10/5/2011
This is awesome! I'd been fairly disappointed by the utter lack of serious Kon fics, and then I found this!

Very well done :) love the story, and the way you characterized Kon was fantasic.

It always amazes me how Kon is overlooked as a serious character, what with his tragic background and strong convictions...
Taryn Streambattle chapter 8 . 9/20/2011
Hey I'm happy!

It's been a while since I read Kon's intro arc so I don't a good grasp of the characters, but it seems very well done to me.

That whole conversation between Ichigo and Kon was very emotional, the right tone and the right amount of vinegar to make it serious.

I reaally love how you showed the deep damage done to Kon's mind, but also that, like in Mindshattered, while he isn't OK he's getting there.

Again, very satisfying and well done.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 7 . 9/20/2011
"Note: My deepest apologies for the wait. I'm pretty much the most terrible writer ever. I got slammed by a One Piece kick and had to get over it before I could continue on this one. As it is I feel I've lost the spark for this fic, but since I still have all my notes I'll at least attempt to finish it up for you guys, cause you deserve it."

Well, I'm sure not complaining. I'm more of a OP person anyway...

Either way, the writing sure hasn't suffered at all!

So I finally got around to reading this.

And again, I wasn't disappointed.

Very very nicely done. Ichigo's reactions and playacting was particularly well done. I love the way you wrote the two hunters, so impulsive and inexperienced, but still deadly, effective enemies.

Just thinking about all Kon's been through is not a pretty thought.

It could be worse, though- just look at Mindshattered, though Kon isn't too much better off.

"Ichigo wondered what would happen if it actually broke into pieces.

He decided he really didn't want to discover the answer to that."

I don't think I want the answer to that either...

I like the way the hunter's talk. It's amusing.

Gosh, I hope they don't ever run into Ichigo as a human... (That would show them that he's not a shinigami, right? As I said, I never actually got past the first few chaps of the Rescue Rukia arc...)

On to next chapter!
Lurker chapter 8 . 9/14/2011
This is one of the best Bleach stories I've read so far. I absolutely LOVE it! :D You did a good job keeping in character and still giving Kon a depth that we rarely get to see out of him in Bleach. Awesome, awesome fic!
Katkid chapter 8 . 9/7/2011
I rarely toddle into the Bleach section around here, but I am so glad I did. I loved this story. Loved, loved, LOVED it! You took an aspect of Kon that is often overlooked-his more serious side; specifically his respect and love for life-and expanded on it marvelously. If the Bleach section is this good, I will have to swing by more often! Insta-fave!
Celesma chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
A very solid chapter here. I love all the little details you include about the mod-souls, plus how Kon now has to deal with things like hunger and cold. I felt exhausted just reading about him being forced to constantly run... also, I never realized the "it" vs. "he" thing. Poor Kon. :C
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »