Reviews for On the Run
Scaehime chapter 8 . 4/4
I decided to look for Kon-centric fics to help with his characterization in my own Bleach fic, hoping I'd find some that focused on more than just the perv side of the guy. I found a little over a hundred fics with Kon tagged as a character, and of those, maybe a dozen if that were what I was looking for. And this was the only one more than a chapter or two.

I don't want to include this as headcanon backstory to my fic, or even ask if you mind if I do so, since I prefer upbeat stuff to angst, but I might well borrow from the characterization.

On top of having meaningful characterization and decent plot, I don't recall any errors in grammar, mechanics, spelling, and such from the whole fic (which I read in one go just before starting to type this review). For context, I'm a beta reader, I plan to be an editor after I finish my master's degree in professional writing this semester, and I have a knack for picking up on those kinds of errors, whether I want to notice them or not. This was very well-written.

God bless,
Scae
Blackthorn Ashe chapter 8 . 6/27/2016
THE FEELS, MAN! THE FEELS! Oh gosh. This was awesome. So descriptive and realistic. Kon's flight plans and Ichigo's lying were realistic and made sense. So glad i read this. Poor Kon. Thanks for writing this. I have no complaints whatsoever (that i can think of)!
D'North chapter 8 . 3/18/2016
Thanks for the story. It was very nice to come across a story that deals with the seriousness of Kon's background. Although I'm not up to date on the manga currently, it seems like the whole "I just barely escaped death from the people who ordered my birth" is just left in the dust in favor of the "I am a HUGE pervert" aspect of Kon's character, so it's nice to see fanfiction that deals with the more serious aspects. I did think the idea of the acting shinigami who hunt mod-souls was a little odd, since I don't recall any suggestion that Kon's escape was anything other than an aberration, but for the sake of a serious Kon it's not hard to suspend disbelief.
tanithlipsky chapter 8 . 8/5/2014
nice.
amethystfirechik chapter 8 . 9/16/2013
Poor Kon. The last two chapters were heart wrenching. I really thought he was going to die. That experience was really traumatizing for him. I'm glad Ichigo had a somewhat heart to heart with him. This is a great story by the way. There aren't too many story's out there about Kon, I'm glad I read this one.
schyra chapter 8 . 6/9/2013
Must say, I really loved this fic! Perfect Kon characterization, and he is a rather underappreciated character in my opinion. I would like to see a bit more comforting or gentleness from Rukia, as she does seem to (subtly) be affectionate with Kon.

All in all, a great read! Thanks!
FashionablyHospitable chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
I like Kon's characterization. There aren't enough Kon stories out there.
SqueeFreak chapter 8 . 10/7/2012
Aww! Poor Kon! He went through so much! DX This was really well written. I like it very much! There isn't enough of Kon out there and you did a fantastic job with this story _
zara2148 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Hey, just got back into reading Bleach fanfiction (for reasons sadly unrelated to Kon - AiIchi has become my dark, guilty pleasure). Glad to hear I was able to in any way inspire this. ONWARD TO NEXT CHAPTER!
GoldenFalcon-101 chapter 8 . 2/22/2012
I've just noticed that throughout the whole thing...except the last chapter...I think Kon only says about three full sentences. This alone makes this story amazing. The fact that you could portray such emotion without having him say anything is incredible. This is probably my third or so re-read of it, I love it :DD
hyrushoten chapter 8 . 2/14/2012
A very nice, neat story. I really enjoy this type of story; the whole untold episode that fits in the canon, but offers more depth and focus than the canon did on a subject. Your focus was especially good. Kon gets almost no love from canon or fanon and is turned into a bad comic relief character right after he is introduced. I also really enjoy the few good fanfics set at the beginning of Ichigo's journey, before all the crazy power-ups and huge cast start showing up. As to your writing you do a good job keeping everybody in character and your OCs work well without dominating the story. You also do a good job expressing just what Kon went through during the chase. Overall a great story of a type that is seen too rarely, good job.
Silent-Sarcasm chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
I remember reading your other story and how i like it so most. So i had to we this no too. While i was reading the ended i half expect a ichikon hug somewhere in there if though we all no ichigo dont do hugs. And also i had a idea for you. A story where kon some how gets traps in ichigo's mind. There he meets hichigo shirosaki. And they go on a adventure somewhat. Ichigo falls unconious do a battle and re-enters his body while kon still inside. But he opponent does as well. And he trys to take over ichigo.
Vheeri The Succubus chapter 8 . 11/21/2011
Decided to review. I must say, this is probably the best Kon centric story on the internet. Even better than the actual arc (the Regai arc) in the anime. I could even feel my legs cramping just by reading. Good work. You really do deserve more praise. I mean, I've been shuffling through the massive piles of garbage which is the Bleach section and seeing this was a relief. Please continue writing more Bleach... please?

I'm sure I'll be obsessed with your One Piece fics when that pirate obsession kicks in.
Shadowfox chapter 8 . 10/5/2011
This is awesome! I'd been fairly disappointed by the utter lack of serious Kon fics, and then I found this!

Very well done :) love the story, and the way you characterized Kon was fantasic.

It always amazes me how Kon is overlooked as a serious character, what with his tragic background and strong convictions...
LadyoftheShield chapter 8 . 9/20/2011
Hey I'm happy!

It's been a while since I read Kon's intro arc so I don't a good grasp of the characters, but it seems very well done to me.

That whole conversation between Ichigo and Kon was very emotional, the right tone and the right amount of vinegar to make it serious.

I reaally love how you showed the deep damage done to Kon's mind, but also that, like in Mindshattered, while he isn't OK he's getting there.

Again, very satisfying and well done.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »