Reviews for Assassin's Creed: Apotheosis
Tattered Seraph chapter 29 . 7/27
I can't believe that I've managed to get 29 chapters into this before I twigged exactly why your writing name sounded familiar. I read (nuerous times), and loved, The Shadows that Remain. As for Apothesis, I am loving it. :D Modern Altair and Ezio are great, I love how you're handling Desmond's Bleeding of his ancestors. Arden is wonderful, and Tabitha suitably creepy. Great work so far!
Reading4soul chapter 24 . 7/16/2014
Just have to take a moment to stop and say that this fic is epic beyond all expectations. ;) Thanks for writing!
Payce D. Elui chapter 57 . 9/9/2013
You know, I really... really liked this. I have to admit, I did find it a bit hard to get into at the beginning, but once I got going, I couldn't stop. The details, the way you've woven history and added your own spin on the Pieces of Eden... hell, Desmond, Altair, Ezio, Arden... brilliant.

I have to say, I enjoyed this so much more as an ending to Desmond's story than that of AC3 _ You gave Desmond an important role while not negating the roles of his ancestors, something that I really enjoyed.

Thanks for sharing.
fakescorpion chapter 5 . 4/11/2013
This story is amazing. The amount of details put into this left me in awe!
The characterizations of everyone are nearly flawless, the OCs have very distinct personalities making them wonderfully round. And they work to push the story forward, but never to overshadow. A job very well-done, I applaud your great skills in writing and the building this intriguing world!
And I simply cannot praise the intricate plotline more! The mystery have me captivated within the first few chapters, and I really want to learn more about the background and history behind the many newly created characters.

Needless to say, I've already fallen in love with this story. And thank you so very much for writing it!
pacificuser chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
super cool!
Xarhaa chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Wow, epic.

I found this browsing stories and had to comment...awesome job!
sarahseptember chapter 57 . 2/4/2013
Wow. Just wow. I have spent the last few days reading through this story and cannot believe how good it is. It was a more challenging read than I have had in quite some time, but its compelling plot, spot-on characters and driving mysteries kept me hooked from the start. You mentioned the end of AC3 in your ending note, and while I agree that Ubisofts choice was a good one, I found myself disappointed at the anti-climactic nature and abrupt end. I read this after seeing that and its nature as a written piece as opposed to game storyline allowed it to expand far beyond what a video game could and I absolutely loved every moment of it. I am just going to go ahead and absorb this as my new headcannon for how AS ends, okay?
QuinnyBear chapter 57 . 1/25/2013
Omg I totally forgot I hadn't reviewed the last chapter of this yet! XO So excuse me while I FREAK OUT! XD haha you have NO idea how happy I was that Desmond Altair and Ezio lived in the end! I had already gotten my tissues for the tears and then everyone I was worried about lived! XD it made me SOOOOoOO happy! And I know I've already said this (probably a billion times), but I REALLY loved this story! It was even probably in my top three favourites I've read ever on fan fiction! I loved how you wrote everyone, and the plot was great too! I can't wait to read more of your stories!(which I'm about to go do! X3) you've been awesome too! You're super sweet and I really enjoyed dying over this story! XD
Chu10 chapter 36 . 1/16/2013
Ahh, chapter 36. This chapter was so heartbreaking yet touching at the same time...the Pieces of Eden are truly dangerous. And I actually thought that Altair and Arden would have a big fight or something-but this, just ouch :/
Chu10 chapter 27 . 1/15/2013
Alright so here I am reviewing on a story that has already been completed...I'm not even sure how to start! Hahaha...

I've only read up to Chapter 27 so far. Discovered this while looking through Doubleleaf's gallery (and by this time I have already completed ACIII) and loving every bit of it! This story is so unlike many here about AC (typical OC gets sucked into the AC world...urgh.) because of it's thick, intriguing and twisting plot that is always present in the games themselves.

More importantly, you have made Desmond play a great role in the story (which I felt was AWESOME because he didn't really play a huge part in the games). I'm still up to Chapter 27 now, and I will still read it to the end! It's wonderful, really wonderful. Also, you have a good range of vocabulary-I can really see the scenes happen as if they were a movie.

Well it's a little funny to review on a completed story, but hey-I feel that it's only right to let a great author know that a great job has been done :)
glenarvon chapter 57 . 12/31/2012
Where do I start? It's been quite the journey, after all.

I think the best (and most subtle) achievement in this chapter is how Desmond really becomes the leader. Or rather, he's done with the 'becoming' and ready to just 'be'. It's there in his confrontation with Quinn and less obviously in how Altair defers to him. Desmond is still uncomfortable in the role and I get the feeling he wouldn't have been happy in it, had he been forced to remain in it. Given that, I'm not so sure what I make of the exchange with Lucy of them running away? The ending turns it into an academic question, but still interesting.

I squeed a little at the callback to Arden. She's been gone so long already, it's good to be reminded of her and how she's still an anchor for Desmond somehow.

My favourite part, however, has to be Ezio. He's like the wild card. There is Desmond and his plan and Altair and his plotting, but Ezio doesn't seem to be part of neither, doing his own thing somehow.

I'm not quite sure I like how the final confrontation between Iltani and Altair went. It seems never be quite clear why she is so impossible to defeat for him. I originally put it down to that he still had feelings for her and didn't want to hurt her in any way, but it's more like her skills exceed his by several degrees (and that makes the Altair fangirl in me unhappy, which isn't something you should feel responsible for). Is that due to her long life and/or Pieces of Eden?

Desmond sacrificing all his memories was a blow. I had a feeling something like that was going to happen, but that didn't lessen the impact. He's giving up everything of value to him, his very self (and his love and the wealth of memories from his ancestors.) Sort of like, that which is lost must be equal to what is gained. It holds the balance nicely.

I don't think Desmond realises it, but that's probably the only happy ending he could have, considering what it took to get there.

So, again, a great journey. Thank you for sharing!
Redblade chapter 57 . 12/23/2012
I'm crying so hard right now you have no idea. I'm immensely relieved that it succeeded, that both Ezio and Altaïr live, and that Desmond somehow survived, but... every memory. All the ancestors as well as all his own... I understand the sacrifice needed to be great, and this is much better than anyone really expected, perhaps due to some kindness from Menra, but still, I'm crying.

If this was a book would buy it. If this was a movie I'd watch it obsessively over and over and over again. THANK YOU for writing this. Now, I need to go look for some more tissues.
natsu.point chapter 57 . 12/22/2012
Ehh... I don't really know what to say. Yeah, I know I'm repeating what I said in my previous review, AGAIN. But I just don't know. I'm seem to noticing how a lot of stories this days seems to follow a similar structure, so similar that the endings even have the similar "one hit button" of ending things. Fascinating but also annoying.

One of those examples would be Mass Effect 3, Naruto (One hit super powered jutsus), Bleach (The fight of Aizen and Ichigo), The Matrix and even The Dark Knight Rises. The last of the list can be compared to this fic.

Back to the topic at hand, I think what I find frustrating is that Desmond and Iltani lack any relationship as enemies. Yeah, She killed his entire family but then it was revealed that William was alive in the end, which I felt nothing about. Both as a character lack any defining relationship. It made Desmond look like a side character and even out of place. And It was almost like... GET THE FUCK OUT THERE DESMOND! Iltani and Altair's showdown is far more interesting. In fact there are a lot of parts in this story that have a very high potential to be its defining parts and could have gone into something interesting but was also wasted because it was either cut off before it even began or the foundation from the beginning was awesome but didn't leave with the same awesomeness in the end.

I think the mistake that you have did is that you introduced and have flesh out characters that are very well-written, and even memorable but in the end was unable to came up with an idea that is the same level of inspiration of creation that you have created on what would their role be in the later parts in the story.

It's not that the epilogue and last parts of the story itself suck but it just didn't live up to the potential that it incredibly possess from the start. That and there are just too many loose ends that are not tied up properly.

Although, I greatly and highly thank you for including me as one of the following reviewers worth noticing into.
natsu.point chapter 56 . 12/22/2012
I really have nothing to say other than how I'm starting to have a personal irritation from the frequent used of "Everything's permitted". Or how I was just so mad that you made Iltani as Zeus's bitch. Seriously she is fucking awesome with the capital A and then... we suddenly discovered she's just a pawn. A PAWN! You do not how that felt. I say it again YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THAT FELT! In other news, I would give Altair a pat in the back If I could actually RELATE with the sudden revelation that Iltani is Adha.

Other than that?

Hmm... It is a nice chapter. A nice chapter indeed.

Fun Fact: Have I ever told you that I thought Arden would be some kind of love interest or something to Desmond? O.o I know, I totally don't know what came over my head. Probably because she was a woman. Huh. So much for nothing to say.
Autumn Wonderland chapter 57 . 12/21/2012
This is THE BEST fanfic I've ever read in my six years of being on this site and I don't even think best is the right word. This is also the only one I ever stuck to the very end with even though I began reading this when it was just fourteen chapters in. I was glad when you finally updated and then sad because I knew this was going to be the last update for this story. Well, I don't have much else to say so...Happy Holidays.