Reviews for The Pride of Gwaren
Greater Mistral chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I've always been fascinated by Anora's character. There was just so much left to be guessed at. Did she truly love Cailan? Was she as innocent as she played at? Did she truly feel her father was a danger even to her own life, or was it all a game of political intrigue to win the support of the Warden, and by extension, the throne? I have heard many different theories, and I suppose that Swoopers have the chance of being biased out of love for Alistair (everybody loves that guy, I swear, haha). However, I enojyed your telling of her story. Personally, I rather liked the woman, so it's nice to see a story where she isn't portayed as a plotting viper. :P

Well done!
JessicaJones chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually kind of love Anora. She's a tough cookie. I like how you show her ambiguity over her feelings for her father.
Windchime68 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
This was a very nice view of the game's events from Anora's perspective. I have to admit to a strong anti-Anora bias here, but even so I found your take on her motivations compelling and very plausible. I liked how you showed her as genuinely loving Cailan and grieving his loss, while still showing her calculating side.
Eva Galana chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Nicely done. I like how Anora's giving away her own power after Cailan's death is "explained" through her grief over the loss of a husband she loved and the careful fatherly manipulation by Loghain. I like how she reflects upon the situation and accepts fate, ready to continue to rule despite the fact she has to marry someone she doesn't love. Well done.
Ladyamesindy chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I don't know how I missed seeing this one come out! Well done!
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I enjoyed this sympathetic take on Anora's viewpoint. It's so easy to demonize her because she's In The Way. However, the fact that most of Ferelden was quite happy to keep her as queen indicates that she was genuinely competent and genuinely popular!
AndrastesKnickers chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Great job! I really liked it. Its nice to have something different.
NuitNuit chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Interesting perspective. There simply is not enough Anora fic out there. :)
mille libri chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
That was really interesting. I liked seeing from Anora's perspective, and I thought you did a really good job condensing the whole Blight like that.
Erynnar chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
Oh nice telling of the tale from Anora's side. Great job sweet lady! I would love to give it a shout out if that is okay with you. : D
bioncafemme chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
You really do set a high bar my dear! Bravo!