Reviews for The Raw Truth
Smayz chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
The way you expressed Ivy's emotions was amazing. I could feel her pain when Rachel says they're just best friends. I could also see Rachel's POV. The ending left me hopeful.
Slytherclaw86 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
I feel like I've just read Ivy's diary or something. I think you put Ivy's feelings into words in a way KH need would or probably could. I absolutely love it! Thank you for taking the time to write this.
Yvi008 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
I read your stories and like your writing but I have to say I enjoy this one the best. As a reader of the series I favor Rachel more than any other character. I have thoughts that I need to vent and you seem to understand where I'm coming from. I like her sense of justice and want to do the right thing. Ivy is also a cool and very complex character, like all of Kim Harrisons. She is emotionally delicate and I can understand why people feel for her more, I do too in fact. But in most fanfics I've noticed Rachel is put at fault for waiting to start a relationship and rejecting Ivy. From what I can tell in the books, most of those times were few and kinda happened spur of the moment where Rachel had no idea how go about the situation. I didn't even know that Ivy had deep feelings of love for Rachel until the third book and was kinda shocked. Since not much of Ivy's real emotions are shown in the books, I thought it was, as she said in the very begining, her insticts. It's just a thought but I think her obsession for Rachel, as you said in your bio, started when they became friends at the IS, and I don't think Ivy's ever had a close friend that she wasn't sharing blood with. Since she buffers sex with blood I don't think her friends are considered real, but more like, I guess, fuck buddies. I think that there is a boundary between real friends, and those who you mess around with. In my opinion I think that their bond would mean more and be stronger if it was built over time. Rachel is a straight women, so even with a sex goddess like Ivy :) and their close friendship; to change someones sexual orientation is not something that happens ovenight. In this story you have them talk about each of their feelings and conflicting thoughts instead of putting of the blame on one person, and it's refreshing to read that. I personally think that they would be good for eachother. I don't know, I have a lot of opinions and thoughts on these two and I can't exactly get them into all the right words. I wish I was as skilled at writing as you and many others are, but if I do I'll see to it that I email them to you next time. Thanks for letting me unload myself into this review. Email me back with your thoughts on what I think, if you want.
Anon chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
My Gods. I am in awe. Please let there be a continuation for this?
Black Fang 02 chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Totally Awesome! I loved it.
Kirk Baldridge chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Well done.

Ivy revealing herself to Rachel and Rachel just trying to shut her down? That was perfect.