Reviews for Falling Leaves
Virtuella chapter 6 . 5/19/2010
Oh, wow. I never thought it could take a child by surprise like that, but of course it would depend on, well various things. Very interesting!
Virtuella chapter 5 . 5/19/2010
Oh, nice one! The comparison of Arewen with the birch tree worked very well, I thought.
Deandra chapter 6 . 5/19/2010
These are so great! Tying the events of life to the cycles of trees works wonderfully well and you've done it beautifully!

- Deandra
Silivren Tinu chapter 6 . 5/19/2010
So cute! New leaves are a wondrous thing indeed, especially when seen through the eyes of a child! :)
Silivren Tinu chapter 5 . 5/19/2010
Oh, I love this one! The imagery is so beautiful! :)
Mirach chapter 6 . 5/19/2010
Delightful drabble!
Mirach chapter 5 . 5/19/2010
Birches, mallorns, and White Tree - I love this seqence of trees connected to the tale of Aragorn and Arwen...
JuliaAurelia chapter 6 . 5/19/2010
So cute!
JuliaAurelia chapter 5 . 5/19/2010
Aw, I loved this!
Mirach chapter 4 . 5/17/2010
Yew was often planted in cemeteries, and it was believed that a root grows to the mouth of every dead, helping the soul to leave this world into another - a tree of life and death indeed. Deadly poison from its needles, and deadly bows from its wood, and yet it seems almost immortal with the high age that it can reach. You caught the essence of yew in this story, and I would really like to see the oldest tree of Gondor!
Mirach chapter 3 . 5/17/2010
There is a deep connection between Aragorn and the White Tree, and you express it greatly in this story!
Mirach chapter 2 . 5/17/2010
Pine is a solar tree, bringing light, as the torches were often made of pine branches. It is very fitting for the DĂșnedain, and the new hope in a long winter of their people!
Mirach chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I love the idea of stories written for different kinds of trees! Every tree has its own "personality", and can be a great inspiration!
Deandra chapter 4 . 5/16/2010
I especially liked these last two chapters - Thorongil's first glimpse of the White Tree and the possible future before him, and Faramir seems most appropriate to grasp the significance of the yew tree.

Nicely done!

- Deandra
Silivren Tinu chapter 4 . 5/15/2010
The title of this drabble is so very fitting! It's kind of sad that the branches of a tree who lives so long are used to bring death.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »