Reviews for Liza and Annie Get Married
JL82 chapter 2 . 9/1/2013
You know what I was thinking? What was set up as kind of the trademark, claim to fame for both Liza and Annie? The interest that they shared: museums and medieval lore. Many museums have event rooms; I'm sure the one in NY would. Would that be too expensive?
JL82 chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
I have to agree with those who said "a little rushed"

Like, what else are they doing now? Does Liza have a job with an architecture firm in New York?

One thing I liked about the original story was that Liza and Annie never let the relationship take over their lives or identities to the point that gave up on studying architecture, or singing, respectively. They followed through with their original college plans even though it meant being apart. Although I didn't like that Liza didn't write to Annie for the first semester. If she was just busy adjusting to college that would be one thing, but it was made to seem like she still wasn't secure enough to go through with a lesbian relationship (even though before the end of senior year she was able to stand up to Sally about it, with the, 'it's love, not sickness' argument.)

In real life, many high school couples drift apart once they're at different colleges, and not writing to each other is usually the beginning of drifting apart. However, my knowledge of that focuses more on heteros, and it happens partly because they find new people to date in college. Whereas Liza and Annie probably weren't going to meet many other lesbians their age...especially in the early 80s. Not many who would be open about it, anyway.

Your story: And I'd like to think that Sally and Liza could have salvaged their friendship...,but I kind of didn't think Annie should be the one suggesting inviting Sally - because Liza is the one who has to decide if she can get past what Sally did.

Do you think the other Winthrops and Kenyons would come around to being supportive enough to attend this wedding? (Chad would, I'm sure, but I'm not sure about the parents.)

Did anyone else notice that the three states that matter in this book: New York, MA, and CA, are all same-sex marriage states now, and were among the first legalize it?
mystoryteller chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I just finished reading the book, and your story is really good just how I wanted the book to end :)
shopgirl152 chapter 3 . 7/23/2010
Aww. That was really cute.
Megoostation chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
Everything in this story was so rushed.

If it was more detailed and drawn out, I would have enjoyed it more.

2/5
Megoostation chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Awe!

I like the first chapter.

It was sort of rushed though.

It summarized the book the first paragraph.

Then boom, Liza is proposing. Rushed.

Too bad it wasn't more drawn out.