Reviews for An Alternate Season II
TiaKisu chapter 10 . 11/4/2012
I really like this chapter. :o) It was interesting to read how Rumina kind of convinced Maeve to play along. It was expected the Celt wouldn't take it well to have to work together with her enemy, but it's nice to see that she doesn't blow the witch's cover. And how interesting that they both can communicate telepathically with each other, tho I guess it's something that you expect mages to be capable off in general, right (seeing that "The End" Maeve and Bryn have the ability of mind-speak, too)?
Oh, and so Basra's going to war with Baghdad. Ah, now that's quite a problem. Hope the crew can prevent this just like they did before.
Interesting story-concept so far. And nice new chapter.
Greetz, TK
TiaKisu chapter 9 . 10/8/2010
Whooops, so Maeve knows. Heh, that shall become interesting. But I can indeed imagine she'll work together with the witch (though hse for sure will hate doing it) in order to defeat Turok who might be a bigger threat to the world than ever before with his new madness and all.

And Basra is going to war? Whom against?

Last but not least: something I forgot to say about ch8: That was nice how Sinbad said good bye to Caipra. Nice touch you gave the chapter there.

And love Doubar's hugs. Lol!

Nice concept. Go on writing. :o)
TiaKisu chapter 8 . 10/8/2010
Ooooh, alright. I kinda forgot about this part of Ch7 (I read it before I went offline last week and now only reviewed)... so that's how it works. Sinbad keeps her secret which is how "Bryn" gets to join the crew. Interesting concept. The captain will have a hard time keeping everything in order at the Nomad then. x)
TiaKisu chapter 7 . 10/8/2010
Well, of course it was a lame cover up and the intervention... one feels indeed puzzled just why he didn't do this earlier. On the other hand - back in S1 they still had Maeve on board who was just an apprentice but at least had somewhat control over her powers. . Anyhow. So Bryn is indeed Rumina. And she needs help. What I noticed is that you portray her fairly different from the Rumina we last saw in the series. She seems to be more a mix of the Rumina we saw in "The Trickster" and your very own version of her.

Also Sinbad is accepting her a bit too easily for my liking - and chuckling about the thought what Maeve would say to him having sorta cuddled with the dark sorceress is something I cannot really picture him do. But guess that's just my very own POV. ;o)

All in all I'm interested in how this will continue. :o)
Anime Princess chapter 9 . 10/1/2010
Ah, so she wasn't fooled? That or she caught Sinbad's mistakes and came to the right conclusion.

At least she's willing to fight to get rid of Turok...even if it's to simply get revenge for Caipra.
Anime Princess chapter 8 . 9/28/2010
Well, this will be a doosey of a surprise for Maeve when she finds out she's willingly helped Rumina! Nevermind Sinbad!

I can't WAIT to find out what she'll do to Sinbad when she finds out!
Anime Princess chapter 7 . 9/26/2010
I KNEW IT!

I KNEW you'd make Bryn Rumina!

Well, Sinbad should be expecting Maeve to blast him for showing up with her!

I wonder how they will react to Rumina wanting his help in killing Turok again.

Will they be relunctantly working together?
TiaKisu chapter 6 . 9/20/2010
First off: thanx for taking my review seriously. :o) And I do know that sometimes the death of a character is necessary - it's just that in my eyes something like that needs more attention. In this regard I think you improved on it with the lines you gave her here. It still was short, but that gave it more space than it was given in ch5.

As for Maeve: well, I was just asking because after all, you took some hints of the original S2 and used it for your version, too. And before she had not been able to hide herself, so there was chance that this was actually DimDim's doing. ;o) Anyhow. As for the current chapter.

I have to admit I would have expected Sinbad to not trust Turok this easily. He is very powerful, yes, and he could have easily killed Maeve, but I would have still expected Sinbad to not lose hope until he did indeed see her dead body. But maybe that's just my point of view. I still am wondering about Bryn's true identity. It can't be as easy as that she's simply Rumina. There must be more to it. Rumina wouldn't think about helping Sinbad - not in that way at least. But maybe it's just a spell that went wrong and imprinted her with a wrong memory or anything. I guess we'll get to know soon.

Do go on.
Anime Princess chapter 6 . 9/19/2010
"She can't be dead. She just can't. She is everything to me. I love her, not just as a partner, but like a sister. She is a part of me." "What can I do without her?"-Like a sister? Those words that are before it don't sound like a brother who lives his sister! And she's a part of me...not sibling love there.

Hun, you seem to be crossing signals here.

And when will Bryn's little secret come out.

I still think she knows too much and is Rumina in disguise.
TiaKisu chapter 5 . 9/18/2010
You. Killed. Caipra! That's... seriously, Mody. Stop killing off main canon characters. I'm not sure whether Maeve's death in your other story is of a permanent kind, and whether Caipra's really dead (should both the solved later on then just forget about what I am writing now), but assuming they are: stop doing this to us. Or at least: stop doing it like this. You kill characters many have grown to like and moreover you do so "on the run". It's been just a couple of sentences in both stories and gone they were. I know everyone has got their own style, but normally it's not suitable to kill off canon characters this easily. One can do so with minor originals, but whenever an author decides that a major character has to die for the sake of the story line, they give that more space. And I understand that Turok is powerful and that he in your version maybe even is more so, but Caipra was no simple apprentice. She is a mighty sorceress and I just can't agree with "it was no use". It's just not what I see in her - and Turok for that matter. You got your own POV on that, and that's just fine, but really, for the sake of your stories and your readers - I hope you do not continue to kill characters like this.

Now, please understand that this is meant to be constructive critizism. You may take up on it or not, but I fear you might be losing your readers if you go on like this. :o/

As for the rest of the chapter: It shall be interesting to see how Sinbad and Bryn will get out of this. Bryn obviously enough has unfinished business with the dark sorcerer, too. And Maeve did escape: just wonder where to. Did DimDim take her?
TiaKisu chapter 4 . 9/15/2010
Oookay, wait... this explains the chain of things? God, this sailor is full of himself! xD How can him being cute explain this? But, well, it fits S2 where seemingly every pretty girl was after him... Okay, but back to reviewing. The chapter itself was okay. I still have to get used to this new Bryn who seemingly - and against my earlier predictions - is different from the one you created back on DL, but that's alright.

Wonder what her secret is but am fairly sure we'll get to know eventually.
TiaKisu chapter 3 . 9/15/2010
Hm, have never watched X-Men, but sure enough the incident on Scull Mountain could have done that to him. Anyhow, about this chapter:

I have to agree with AP, Bryn is somewhat OOC here. She's pretty different from the one we got to see in the series, but reminds me a lot of your Bryn on DL. I think you are recreating her here as well and it shall be interesting to see who you'll make her be and which story you'll give her (obviously enough things are different here as she is talking about a father she lost).
Anime Princess chapter 4 . 9/12/2010
...interesting...

I'm sorry, but I simply can't see Bryn in the way you have imagined her...it's too OOC...

I do like the way Sinbad is freaked by how Maeve will find out!
Anime Princess chapter 3 . 9/7/2010
Well, Bryn is OOC. I don't remember her being so abrupt like Maeve.

Still, good going...it sounds like she' hiding something...especially since she's supposed to have no memory...unless she's not an amnesiac.
TiaKisu chapter 2 . 8/29/2010
That was... interesting. You obviously are taking some stuff from Season two as it was, but give it a new background/alter it. I kinda liked that you brought in that storm, too. It relates your alternative S2 to the original one. Also I find it to be interesting how you used the scene of Bryn standing there and Sinbad mistaking her for Maeve first, but altered it in a way in which Bryn attacked Sinbad. It's nothing odd though. I mean, wouldn't anyone who finds a stranger be cautious?

As for Rumina and Turok though... Did Turok indeed go insane? o_O He acted way out of line there. Cannot imagine somehow that he'd hurt his daughter willingly, but who knows what this incident in the cave did to him.

All in all: interesting concept. Wonder where it'll lead you to. And, agreeing with AP: hope Bryn's not Rumina in disguise. o_O Though this of course would be interesting as well.