Reviews for Blood from a Stone
AceofHadeon chapter 50 . 6/5/2010
I've said this before, but it bears repeating: I WISH YOU'D BEEN THE WRITER FOR SEASON 2! This is such a better ending than in the series. Perfectly satisfying, and it ties together well! It was nice how you added bits of the show, too.

Aw, Darken and Cara are such a great pair! More, please!

Again, amazing work!
Confessor3 chapter 50 . 6/5/2010
This story was amazing. Sequel... 3
Adria Jackson chapter 50 . 6/5/2010
It's been a wondrous journey.

And you managed to give it a great end, which is no easy task.

Thanks a lot!
Vorquellyn chapter 50 . 6/5/2010
...Can we proclaim this the real Stone and the one in the show as an oops? I'd like that.

Looking forward to whatever else might crawl out of your brain through your keyboard. :)
Vorquellyn chapter 49 . 6/5/2010
Wow. *leaves for a couple hours and rereads* Still wow.

I like the way he rejects perfect!Hali but can't reject Nicholas. The last line is absolutely pitch perfect.
meltin2me chapter 47 . 6/5/2010
I like your version of the mark of the Keeper better than the shows. I felt like they didn't even really use it in the show.
Vorquellyn chapter 45 . 6/4/2010
The Keeper really is low on imagination. I like what you did with Sister Nicci.
Em2323 chapter 45 . 6/4/2010
The cute Darken-double kiddie is creepy. I feel kind of torn between believing the kid actually survive and believing that the Keeper is playing some effed up sick game. I can't say I was surprised that Richard wouldn't let anyone harm the kid, I was expecting it. He wouldn't be Richard if he didn't want to save the kid. The Cara/Darken (though brief as it was) was perfect. I have to point out, again, that I love how you've the way you write the characters and the characterzation of them is spot on.
Em2323 chapter 44 . 6/4/2010
WHUT? I was not expecting *that*. The kiddie is alive? I kind of flove Egremont now (I think he ships Darken/Cara). I'm not sure if I like this Garen character - something's off with her.

'"What's Cara's talent?"

Garen frowned, outshined by Cara once more, "What do you think it is, my lord?"

Richard blushed and Kahlan shot them both a glare.'

Like Richard didn't know that before. Pfft. Still, it was an amusing scene. I kind of heart it. Apart of me got sort of excited when Hali asked Darken if Cara would be allowed to be with other men because I sort of want Cara and Richard together, too. Of course, methinks the Cara/Richard part is more me reading between the lines. This is why you shouldn't ship Cara with both Rahls.
meltin2me chapter 44 . 6/4/2010
I could actually hear Rahl's heart pounding!
AliDawne chapter 44 . 6/3/2010
They regulated - THIS SHOULD BE RELEGATED - the fidgety gelding to being a packhorse once it became clear that Hali refused to ride by herself (with good reason) and no one wished to put up with the beast.

Sorry for the caps but I didn't know how else to make it stand out. I am an author too, and like you I appreciate spelling/grammar catches! ;)

AliDawne
Em2323 chapter 43 . 6/3/2010
I loved these past few chapters, they're amazing. I really liked the scene with the Mord'Sith swearing their alligence to *both* Rahls.

"Zedd interrupted, "How did you escape the Keeper, my boy? We healed you hours ago, but you remained firmly in his grasp."

My boy?"

My, my, Zedd. I knew he was such a softie on the inside when it came to Darken. I flove it.

"Zedd looked on, amazed and swelling with something he thought might be pride."

I love that line for some reason. Methinks it's the fact that I love the fact that Zedd, Richard and Darken are a slightly disfunctional family no matter what. I also love the fact that Darken and Richard's relationship is growing for each chapter. So, of course, Zedd has all the reason to be proud. Those two have come a long way since the start of your story. 3
Em2323 chapter 40 . 6/2/2010
Great chapters and I'm really excited to find out what's going to happen next. The plot thickens. I love how badass Cara was with her fellow Mord'Sith. Girl is ruthless.
sweetiegamer chapter 40 . 6/2/2010
Noooooo!

Why are there not more chapters? I demand an eternity of reading...Or Darken Rahl tied to my bed, whichever comes first.

If that doesn't express my happiness with the story then nothing will.
AceofHadeon chapter 39 . 6/1/2010
Aw yes, the "You're in charge" line! Cara kicks butt so well!

Nice job writing the action sequences. They're tough sometimes, but you nailed it.

I so want to see a troop of Mord'Sith escorting the Rahl "boys" to the Pillars of Creation. ;)
75 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »