Reviews for Blood from a Stone
AceofHadeon chapter 40 . 6/1/2010
All right, socks are taped on in preparation for the next chapters!

I'm glad Hali shares the fans' concern for Darken's looks. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the Hey There Seeker rec - great song!
AceofHadeon chapter 28 . 6/1/2010
Been meaning to add a few chapter-specific comments, but I kept getting sidetracked by Seeker and Craig Parker vids. ;) So here goes!

OMG they killed the dog! Reminds me of something Goodkind would have in the books. I wasn't aware of how emotionally invested I was in Denna. Nice work there. It was a good idea to have her appear since she was a puppy and then weave her into the storyline. That made her death have even more meaning. I also liked Darken's relationship with the her.

Also, I'm glad you added Dahlia, even if she did get killed.
meltin2me chapter 40 . 6/1/2010
I've anchored my socks down in anticipation!
AceofHadeon chapter 38 . 5/28/2010
This is an amazing story! If only the show writers had opted to take this route! I have to admit that at first I was doubtful when I saw the chapters at the start were so short, but 2 hours of reading later, at chapter 23, I saw your Darken-like cunning! ;) The short chapters make it way easier to read than the fics that have wall-o'-text chapters. I usually never read this far into fics in one day, so take that alone as a compliment! :)

You've captured Darken's character marvelously and even added depth. And you have my 'ship: Darken/Cara! So hot.

I also am enjoying your OC, Hali. She's not a Mary Sue, she's balanced, and she is interesting. Well done!

My only correction is that in the little description thing that appears above each chapter, right under the chapter selector, "Darken" is spelt incorrectly.

Looking forward to the next chapter! Poor Darken, I felt quite sorry for him in the show when that happened too.

- AceofHadeon (my LJ name)
Em2323 chapter 38 . 5/27/2010
I love how you have several storylines going and that they're all connected in a way. Not many people can manage that task but I think you do it beautifully. Your characterzation and relationship of Cara/Darken have found a special place in my heart. I love it.
Confessor3 chapter 38 . 5/27/2010
I have been reading your story from the begining, and I read it every day. You are a terrific writer, and this story is one of the best fanfics that I have read. I love the developing relationships between Darken and Richard and Cara the most. Keep writing, and I'll keep reading.
meltin2me chapter 36 . 5/27/2010
Oh no! I didn't see that coming! Major cliff hanger!

I loved the previous chapter with Hali telling Kahlan that DR is the only man who could be her willing lover. I always thought Kahlan would secretly be thinking about that.
Lord Darken Rahl chapter 36 . 5/26/2010
awwww poor Darken getting boiled like that good that Cara is going to save him

btw loved all the previous chapters too

gr Lord DarkenRahl
Vorquellyn chapter 32 . 5/24/2010
Several thoughts that've been rolling around in my brain over the past few days:

D'Haran bowing to Darken in public hilarious

I like the comparisons Hali makes between Darken and Kahlan

The comparisons Darken makes between Richard and Panis ring very true

Hali deflects like a master
tinylexie chapter 32 . 5/24/2010
Even though I think Richard called Darken by his first a little too fast (I don’t think anyone in the show has ever called Darken by just Darken), I like how Richard wants to be family with Darken like Darken wants to be family with Richard (even if Darken won’t admit that). Richard is finally staring to see the humanity and Darken (Richard has finally seen the light, LOL), and Kahlan is conflicted. I agree that Darken and Cara have a great chemistry, but so does Darken and Kahlan. I didn’t get enough of them in “Reckoning.” I hope that Richard keeps his mouth shut, but he always has been the righteous one. Is there something going on between Zedd and Hali? Looks like there’s going to be a battle in the next chapter, and I can’t wait to read about it. A few epic battles now and then are nice. I like how Cara gave her Agiel to Darken. He finally has some weapons on him, which means that he can finally do some serious damage. Go on with your bad self, Darken. I’m starting to see Hali as a sort of grandmother figure to Darken in that she is always defending him. I can’t wait to learn more about Darken’s mother, who he was too late to save. I sense an interesting story there. Keep up with the good work.
AliDawne chapter 32 . 5/24/2010
This is well written. I like the progression and as for the characters, they "feel" and "taste" right to me (I have only watched the series I have not read the books so it is based on my take on the characters as portrayed on TV).

I like that I can "hear" them. The dialogue and pacing is correct and their speech patterns are true to the actors way of speaking.

As to the story itself? I like where I feel it is going. I am looking forward to seeing if I am correct.

Hope you post more soon.

AliDawne
mylittlepony chapter 32 . 5/24/2010
This story is great. I love your portrayal of the characters, especially Kahlan, I'm sick the pure and innocent version of her that people seem to love.
Mord-sith chapter 31 . 5/24/2010
I'm really likeing this story. I get tired of everything being about R/K.

I really like how u used the show lines but in different ways than in the show.

I hope cara doesnt find out about her son, cause i Can't see her just fogriving rahl and I don't want him to torture her like I think he would if she wouldn't be with him n e more. If she did just forgive him it would be weird, cause she killed that one girl for just messing with his bones.

did you see the episode where they kissed, it made me squee so hard!1!
Adria Jackson chapter 31 . 5/24/2010
Hum hum, is getting interesting!

I liked that confession didnt work fine with Hali.

And Rahl being himself, twisting truths to tell lies that are more convenient to him.

Now you left me wondering wether Richard will be so petulant to tell his supicions to Cara or not. (Hoping for a yes here, just for drama's sake)

And not knowing where the stone is adds to the tension.

Well done so far
Vorquellyn chapter 30 . 5/23/2010
Oooh. I think Darken just gave Richard everything he needs to realize his son was already dead. Can't wait to see how things blow up.
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »