Reviews for Blood from a Stone
Em2323 chapter 30 . 5/23/2010
I've enjoyed these past few chapters a lot and the plot keeps dragging me further and further in with not knowing what's going to happen. Usually I'm always able to guess what's going to happen (depending on the author's writing, of course) but with this story I just keep getting surprised again and again. I love the way Cara and Darken have bonded again and I like the fact that both Richard and Kahlan were disturbed by Cara when she killed that Sister of the Dark.

'Darken was quiet for a long moment, and then deflected the questions, saying with an incredulous note, "Are you trying to bond with me, Richard?"'

Loved that line. It rings so true to Darken's character (he would say something like that) and to Richard's. I'm like the reluctant sibling relationship between the two.

'"I have been waiting for centuries. Now the world is unbalanced, death has no meaning and life has no meaning without death… I have met two brothers, both marked by the Keeper, one destined to bring the world to the brink of destruction only to be stopped at the last instant by the other. Yes, he is the one. Or he had better be."'

OH. MY. GOD. I knew it! Hali, you're devious. Me likes.
tinylexie chapter 28 . 5/22/2010
I wonder if Cara is ever going to find out the truth about her son and what her reaction to that will be. An epic Darken Rahl/Cara fight perhaps. I like how our heroes are starting to work together. They really do make a good team. I like that Darken Rahl allowed Cara to kill that one Sister of the Dark. It shows that he’s capable of feeling others’ pain and not just his own. I also like Darken Rahl’s wit towards Sister Marianna. I like it whenever Darken Rah has one of his witty, sarcastic moments. Maybe next time he will be able to get a reaction out of her. I’m surprised that no one is making a big deal out of the fact that Darken Rahl is so upset about the death of his dog. Darken Rahl has never been known to be upset over the death of anyone, much less a dog. Anyways, I can’t wait to see where you take this story next. I like that Darken Rahl is going to play a big part in the end. I wish he had played a bigger part in the final episode of Season 2, but this story is going to make up for that (thank you).
prunny chapter 28 . 5/22/2010
"They killed my dog."-my favorite line so far! You are awesome! Keep up the good work.
tinylexie chapter 27 . 5/21/2010
Everyone is up to something in this story. I can’t wait to find out what Darken Rahl is up to. He wouldn’t be Darken Rahl if he wasn’t up to something. I’m glad that he’s finally armed. Now he needs a sword. He could do some real damage with a sword, just like he did in “Unbroken.” I like how you brought up things from “Eternity,” and I like how you brought in Sister Marianna. She has been around since “Vengeance,” so I believe that makes her the longest lasting Sister of the Dark on the show. Of course she’s going to be around. Does Kahlan feel something towards Darken Rahl as well, or did I read something wrong? I liked how Cara gave Darken one of her Agiels. They could really do some damage together. I liked how Darken made Richard’s goodness questionable because Richard is not always a good person (he does have an evil side), and it’s good that Richard is beginning to realize that Darken just might be human and not some alien or demon. I can’t wait to see what happens next. And yes, Darken definitely has more style than Richard. Darken is definitely more dramatic in his fighting. Spinning Sisters of the Dark in “Extinction” and slashing up those three Sisters of the Dark in “Unbroken” like he was at a picnic. Keep up with the good work.
Vorquellyn chapter 27 . 5/21/2010
Poor Denna. The dialogue between Cara and Hali is good. It looks like Hali's about to walk into another cliche about looking and seeing.
Vorquellyn chapter 25 . 5/20/2010
This could just be reader error but the sentence about character death doesn't quite make sense to me. Darken and Cara were both present when that character died.

I really liked Cara's thoughts on motherhood.
meltin2me chapter 24 . 5/20/2010
I thought M was just for sexually explicit stories. Unless you plan on making it into that I don't see why it can't be T. Of course maybe everyone else is smarter than me and knows you have to select "all" to get the updated stories. ;)
Vorquellyn chapter 24 . 5/20/2010
I like the way Kahlan's power reacts to Hali's, it makes a lot of sense.
Em2323 chapter 23 . 5/20/2010
Of course Richard would assure himself that he's a good man. Methinks he's starting to become more and more like Darken, not intentionally of course, but maybe the Rahl blood in him is too strong. Zedd have said it before. I'm a bit sad that Richard managed to scare Cara (they're my one of my OTP of LotS. Shhh.). I loved the fact that Darken just kept going and didn't stop when Richard asked him too.

'Darken inclined his head, affecting a contemptuous bow, "Hail, the new Lord Rahl. The only difference between us is that I have more style and a headstart."'

This made me laugh. He's right, though. Like always. He has more style than Richard.
Em2323 chapter 22 . 5/19/2010
Oh shit! I never thought that Kahlan would actually confess Hali. My, my, this was a total shocker for me. I wasn't expecting it. I sort of wonder what will happen to Hali now and how Darken, Cara and Zedd will react to Kahlan's actions. Methinks Richard will only be satisfied that he got what he wanted. I can understand Richard's need to know where the Stone of Tears is and everything, he's only trying to save everybody from the Keeper but then again, it probably has a lot to do with his own guilt over put a riff in the veil. I'm sure he wouldn't have killed Darken if he had known that would have happened.
meltin2me chapter 22 . 5/19/2010
Why doesn't this story go to the top when updated? I'm afraid people are gonna miss out on a good story.
Vorquellyn chapter 21 . 5/18/2010
Excellent. I like the way that that it felt like even though Richard won the argument he lost.

I'm getting a Fifth Element vibe about the stone.
Adria Jackson chapter 21 . 5/18/2010
Richard played his cards very well here indeed.
Em2323 chapter 21 . 5/18/2010
I loved this chapter for several reasons; Cara being torn, Zedd trying to persude Kahlan to do the right thing, Richard's determination, Darken's need to protect and so much more. Somehow I have a feeling there's going to be a blow-out soon and that Cara will have to choose which side she's going to be on. There's also this irking feeling that Hali may not survive much longer, which I really hope is not true because the girl's growing on me (just a bit).
Lord Darken Rahl chapter 20 . 5/18/2010
very good story

I want to find out what you have in store for Darken
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »