Reviews for Giving Up
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
Good. It's good
A Writer With Mixed Interests chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Wonderful story! I love the relationship that Meg and Brian have! :) Well, most of the time. Sometimes Brian can be a major douchebag towards Meg. :P But still, this is a fantastic story and Meg and Brian are my two favorite characters.
David Endo chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Wow, what Meg just did was so sweat
Kimball20 chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I thought it was rather sweet.
Chris Zulas the Birkin Fan chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Pretty touching, and it's different, for sure.10/10.
Darth Ben Valor chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
That was a very good story. And what made it better was that it was Meg of all people to convince Brian that life can be worth living. :)

Good job. _
Week85 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Wow! This is awesome, powerful, and enlightening all in one! I mean, this is just fantastic!

If this was apart of an episode of Family Guy, I believe we would all see a brand new Brian!
Rocket6923 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
I like your little story. It was fun to read.

There was one woman you forgot to mention when you talked about Brian's love interests: Pearl Burton, the woman who sang Carmen. Also I don't remember who Carolyn is. What episode was she in?

"Each word stabbed in his heart as a cold knife..." I love the description here.

I like the idea of Meg comforting Brian. I think you could have also had Brian tell Meg about Quagmire's tirade so that she would realize why he was so upset. I also think you could have had Meg remind Brian of some of the things he has done for the family. For example, Meg could have reminded Brian of how he tried to help Lois when she became addicted to stealing. Also when Brian was married to Lois, Lois said he was helpful with the kids. You could have had Meg remind Brian of this. Also, Brian was looking out for Meg when she was doing an internship and dating Mayor West. If Meg had reminded Brian of some of these good deeds, it would sort of counter Quagmire's claim that he hasn't contributed anything while living there. Perhaps Brian could also realize that he can work on some of the flaws Quagmire pointed out.

I was surprised he would consider Peter and Stewie his only friends. What about Chris, Meg, and Lois? Well I guess he would now consider Meg to be his friend after she helped him.

The ending about Brian's book made me laugh.
loessar chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
This was fantastic! It was beautiful. I also thought it is way better than Brian and Stewie because it had Brian and Meg and not 2 characters not voiced by Seth which made it better. Meg was confident and had a positive attitude which made Brian gain a new lease on life. Putting 2 characters voice by Seth in one room for 28 minutes was torture and unbearable. But a character voice by Seth and another one not voice by him adds more variety and it was nice you work on a differant pair. I recommend this.
indonitrus chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Wow, I never thought of you as a Drama writer. What's even better was that it was a perfect example of drama. Not angsty or whiny at all, just really deep and emotional.

I especially like how Meg is the one giving the advice, rather than recieving it. And the grammer is near perfect.

Awesome work Ander.
nataliedee chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
This is really nice. I really like the concept of Meg comforting Brian and the comparison between them is a good idea.
Rarity92 chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
That was...SO HEARTWARMING!

I almost cried when I read it, better than the actual episode of 'Brian and Stewie'.