Reviews for Ruse
Interesting. Different. Very enjoyable.
Obsessed Pam chapter 3 . 10/30/2013
Hugely satisfying and what a brilliant contrast to the electrifying beginning which had me on tenterhooks. I will now go and search for more stories by you. If there aren't any, I'll wait.
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Blown away by the quality of your writing, It has been a long, long time since I've read SG-1 fic but was recommended this by another huge fan, and it hasn't disappointed one iota. The build up of tension has been compelling and even as I thought it couldn't get any worse - wow - you did it.
julicy chapter 3 . 7/16/2013
wow! just wow. how you are writing, with this insight, this intelligence, these character-studies. your images are beautiful and to the point. your writing skills are impressive. i would love to read more.
Holy Hannah chapter 3 . 7/24/2010
Wow, that was intense. I like your style and inventiveness. Believable character voices. Great story. Thank you.
kurtainkid chapter 3 . 7/21/2010
That was weird. I think I liked it, but it was weird. some of the first chapter was a little hard to follow. Good work though. :)
Amber chapter 3 . 7/7/2010
I've gotten to the point on Fanfiction the if the story is not well writtin, I will NOT read it. And I must say, this may be, correction, IS one of the best stories I've read on Fanfiction throughout my entire 5 years (more or less) reading stories here. I had a tons of things to say about this story but then I read the ending and it blew it all away...this is truely and AMAZING work of fiction which can not be described. I loved the Sam-whump and just basically everything about it. Wonderful job.

~God Bless,

Ellie 5192 chapter 3 . 7/5/2010
Amazing. I’m just blown away. I couldn’t stop reading the first time, and given it was 4 in the morning I didn’t have the heart to leave half a review then. Now that it’s a reasonable time, I have to tell you just how incredible your writing is. In using the short sentences, the jagged third-person narration, you encapsulated Sam’s inner turmoil and peace and love, and every emotion she came across. You showed it brilliantly, and I am just flawed- for a second time- to find myself emotionally drained by this story. I must say, this line crept up on me:

“Today Samantha Carter turns the same age her mother was when she was called a bitch. She sits on the porch, drinking a celebratory birthday beer, the sun on her face, and hopes her mother knows she loves her.”

It was a little unexpected, but perfect, the combination of which nearly brought me to tears. I just loved it. And I loved the repetition of “So this is love.” It really set the mood, and was a great example of emotional stagnancy not necessarily being a bad thing. I read your single lines as a state of mind experienced for it’s own undetermined amount of time, not infringed upon by other emotion. I loved it.
Extant chapter 3 . 7/4/2010
Awesome story! I really like the writing style you used with this, your impressionistic narration and one-liners. It's like dream sequences interspersed with flash fiction. It works really well, especially in getting us into Sam's head when she's hallucinating. Your use of imagery is great too! I loved the "monkey chain of cockroaches." LOL. I never had those toys as a child, so I don't think I would have ever thought of that. It took me totally by surprise when I remembered what monkey chains were. The juxtaposition between something so playful and something so disgusting was great. That line is going to stay with me. XD
lastrequest chapter 3 . 6/26/2010
Altogether a remarkable read - thanks so much for sharing this piece :)
scarletwitch0 chapter 3 . 6/24/2010
WOW! BTW, I don't hate baby fics. If I did, I wouldn't read them. I personally feel that if you don't like elements of a story, don't read it. Anyway, loved your story and the 't expect them to have another baby, but I guess Jack would want one of his own, despite loving Kate.
scarletwitch0 chapter 2 . 6/24/2010
Hey there! I didn't get the author alert that you did the next two chapters. Nevertheless, excellent! Nice way of introducing the pregnancy, Sam's reaction and everything else. I like the Janet aka the Napoleonic needle monger, really stuck it to the professor. Well, on to the last chapter.
MKP chapter 3 . 6/15/2010
I LOVED IT! Your style of writing this story was awesome and different from other authors. I hope to see more fiction from you soon!
Kate1013 chapter 3 . 6/13/2010
Fantastic ending! Your style of writing is really refreshing!
crankygrrl 2.0 chapter 3 . 6/11/2010
I loved this story. I found it extremely well written both in Carter's descent into madness and her recovery. I was particularly taken by her sessions with Mackenzie and her admission that she blamed O'Neill for not noticing that she had lost it and, ultimately, her resolution never to share that with him. I also especially admire your ability with small moments, from Teal'c being Sam's favourite, to her comment after Kate is born that O'Neill should have told her "it would be like this" and, of course, the orange jello. I thought your narrative was extremely evocative without being overwritten and I happen to really like babyfic when it's well done. This was. Thank you for sharing. Please write more.