Reviews for God's Will Be Done
Ironic Twist chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I think you have a terrific grasp of the ignorance of that time. Sadly, not much has changed...just different 'demons' for the righteous to persecute.
k1942 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I see no reason why you shouldn't have garnered an award or at least a mention for this . It's something different, I'll give you that, but very perceptive and gives good background, too. I enjoyed reading it, even though I strongly disagree with the good reverend's thinking. He worshiped a very unforgiving God, to my way of thinking.
Sophiepicklegirl chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Just discovered your stories, great writing and I love that you've captured the daft and violent beliefs of Carlisle's father and yet made them seem as sane as he would have thought them to be
Lyssa-Raine chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Well done! I can see how it might have offended some folks. If Carlisle's father's attitude had died out back then, it wouldn't have struck a nerve; however, that's unfortunately not the case. The fervor's still around, though the vocabulary has changed a little.

Again, good job on the writing, and high five for taking the subject on in the first place!
angel eyes1 uk chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I love it, chick. Very, very well done...and very different.
Great Chemistry chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
You piqued my interest on this one, and I had to read it. I have always been amazed at how centuries of humans can read the same passages and come to such extreme conclusions. I have seen and heard those very words in so many different contexts as to make them both opposite and identical in practice as to what you've described here. I like this. I like it a lot :) What would ever happen if common sense and religion met in one person? I will never understand it... Totally believable and authentic in character. Well done!
moonlightdreamer333 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
So I may or may not be stalking your profile and reading all of your stories. You should be happy with this one. The writing is excellent. Once again, you do a great job with the pacing and tone. The reader really experiences Carlisle's father's voice and point-of-view. He comes across as an extremist, and while his views may be all kinds of wrong, they do feel sincere and all-consuming to him. You didn't just tell us he was an extremist, you showed us and wove in proof and validation of his beliefs through bible verses. Nicely done.

Also, it's ridiculous how much it bothers me to hear/read people say/write /hung/ instead of /hanged/, so thank you for being awesome, like you are, and using the correct word. (I know it's petty, but still ...)
winterstale chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Another really well-done story from you exploring the recesses of canon. My favorite bit of this was your allusion to the witch trials. I think you could have gone even more extremist in Papa Cullen's voice, maybe played some of the apocalyptic imagery in Revelations against a witch burning? I think you set the scene of the household really well - I had a very clear picture of their home and still felt Lily (heh!) there.

There are so many holes in the Saga and Carlisle's story is one of the biggest for me. Finding little gems like this that feel very true and well-researched satisfies some of those questions I have. Thanks for another engrossing read. :)

~w
TeamCullen.Carlme chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I guess i dont see why this story isnt more popular.

I mean it's wonderfully written, and I believe you caught Carlisle's father's personality (as well as his own), perfectly.

Anyways wonderfull job!
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I love that you were willing to take on such a controversial time and topic in your story. You filled in some of Carlisle's backstory with what most likely took place. Religious extremests have cause so much death and destruction all in the name of God that most religions have a bloody backdrop. I find it sad that his father would have turned on him had he found him but know that it is intirely true. Carlisle knew what he had become and knew he had to hide from his father.
Rhadeya chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
I think this is a wonderful fic! Well written and moving, bringing across the reasons for Carlisle's questioning of his "soul". Well done!
Mittenzs chapter 1 . 5/11/2010