Reviews for Snapshots: The Twilight 25, Spring 2010
elizabethan chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
This was 'phan'-tastic. Truly, I felt as if I were Bella, leaning on Edward's shoulder. Her longing for her, his pain - so palpable. I hope you will consider extending the story sometime. I would love to know where they go from here.
BilliCullen chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
well that was delightful! VERY romantic... I swear while she was sitting with him and he was playing his piano I could feel the music as well. Great descriptives! I loved this and look forward to more.
KJS X-OVER chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
That was so beautiful... You drew such wonderful parallels between the tortured Phantom and the vampire Edward who try to cling to their humanity only to be rejected by what they crave, be it acceptance or normalcy. Sigh... So beautiful. I love the Phantom of the Opera. I've watched several versions, although unfortunately have never seen it performed live, and read the book. And your last line, "That's all I ask of you." Completely and utterly perfect! I swear, I gasped! I loved this! I wish I could find a crossover that was half as good as this... Thank you so much for writing this!
icrodriguez chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
If there is one thing I took away from this beautifully written one-shot, it was the utter relief that I found in finding a written work that portrayed what I always believed to be true about my favorite musical, The Phantom of the Opera: that Christine chose wrong. Christine chose convenience and comfort over passion and want. Such a fool.

I am actually thrilled that you managed to put into words my frustration with her. She basically chose Bella's version of Jacob. Thank S.M. for not making our beloved Bella a fool.

She chose passion. She chose Edward.

Sweet relief.
songster chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Nice. You really know how to set a scene. The emotions here are visceral in their intensity. I could definitely see Edward as the Phantom. I took my daughter to see a production at the Kennedy Center in DC and it is really a stunning play, atmospheric and beautiful.
rubell chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
as usual, you know exactly how to pull emotion out of what ever it is you are writing...cannot wait to read the next 24
angelbethy chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
It's gorgeous. Of course. *Sigh* I love how you set the scene, making Bella's physicality (her silence on the wood floors, her quick, lithe movements and perfect timing, her emphasis on hearing - the music, the lack of Edward's breathing) echo that of a vampire. She's a mirror for the Phantom and Edward both, lonely and alone. But brave, and sure of herself as the other two deep down are not.

Your words made me feel like I was really there, backstage at the performance. I didn't even care about the chandelier falling in the second act instead of the first. ;-) I so admire your lush writing style. Thanks for sharing this.
ahizelm chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
This was absolutely fantastic.

That's pretty much all I've got...other than to say that I love what goes unsaid here, that you never have the word vampire, but it's there, in context.

And now I'm feeling rather inadequate regarding the prompts I've started.

mad4hugh chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I really liked it! Crossing stories with Edward the lonely, tortured vamp portraying the quintessential lonely, tortured Phantom of the Opera is quite clever! Then Bella cast as the quiet, unassuming stage hand who's fallen in love with him by seeing thru the character he plays in stage...really liked it!
jarkin33 chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
LOVED IT! Can't wait to read the rest of your 25!

Thanks for sharing
susayq chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Edward plays the tortured soul so well. I liked it :)

Paco1230 chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Wow! This was great! :) Really looking forward to these from you cause I love your writing!
duramater chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Enjoyed it tlig! I love how she fell in love with his song, his voice...his words first. Usually, it's the face that renders various Bella's speechless.
Kyuketsuki In Oki chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
When Edward Cullen is involved, the damn chandelier can drop whenever it damn-well pleases... LOL

Better than Michael Crawford, no doubt! (Whose voice I've just NEVER liked, really.)

So you're doing these as 1-2K? Cool. Most authors do this as just 1-2 HUNDRED words. I actually thought that those were the "rules", if there are any.

coolbreeeze chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
*vowel sounds*

Edward. VAMP Edward at that, as the phantom. I am d-y-i-n-g.

This line "Not all monsters are so easy to pick out, you know. Some lurk much more subtly. Lust more silently. Kill more violently." - Fabulous

AND OMG THE END. (I am full of shouts tonight) The tie back into the show. Guh, I need more. Just sayin' if you extended this, I wouldn't be mad.

Also, I don't even wanna write my Twi 25 anymore. Can you just do mine for me b/c I doubt mine could ever be this good. Thanks. :D
844 | « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 Next »