Reviews for How to Train Your Dragon: The Movie
Fjord Mustang chapter 16 . 8/24/2010
Hello from Iceland! Congratulations on finishing your story. I liked that extra insight you gave to what was going through Hiccup's mind when he realized he was permanently injured- also that he did get a lot more injuries than the movie showed, burns, etc. Also you do the kiddie chapter book one better I did not like the way they showed this scene. It is important for Toothless to be in this scene. Anyway, good luck with future stories!
stagemanagertargaryen chapter 16 . 8/23/2010
Calico chapter 16 . 8/23/2010
Yay! *applause*

I'm so glad you finished this. It's a wonderfully written novelization of the movie, and really helps to look back for reference points when writing. I really enjoyed it.
darkmist11 chapter 15 . 8/17/2010
great chapter
SkyHighFan chapter 13 . 8/16/2010
Nice. I always thought the part when Toothless gestured with his head to Toothless was a really important part: Toothless was INVITING Hiccup onto his back instead of Hiccup just jumping on or something like that. It showewd that Toothless fully accepted Hiccup as his rider.
SkyHighFan chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
Nice. I like this part. One writter thought that Snotlout's Nightmare was about to cry when Hiccup was revealed and put that into their version. I found that funny.
Backroads chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
Wonderfully done!
stagemanagertargaryen chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
Arianwen44 chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
I agree! Canada is like a frickin sauna! ARGH...

Anyway! I loved this part of the movie! SO touching and you wrote it beautifully! Amazing job! Can't wait for the next one!
Backroads chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
Short chapter, but brilliant, well-told. Liked the details of what the Death did. Can't wait for the rest!

And yes, I love that art book! I own it, too!
Backroads chapter 13 . 8/15/2010
LOVED where you ended this chapter! Ultimate cliffie!

Such an exciting chapter, and you kept up the quick pace that I love that you do. It's really good for this kind of story and for getting the most out of the details and scene of this section. Very exciting!
stagemanagertargaryen chapter 14 . 8/10/2010
nice job
Chocobo Scribe chapter 14 . 8/8/2010
I got the art of how to train your dragon too!

Female snotlout lols, he looks good in a dress. XD
Fjord Mustang chapter 14 . 8/8/2010
Short chapter, but you covered a lot of action and territory in there.

It's fun to read your Hiccup point of view chapter and compare it to mine, written in Toothless' Point of View in this part.

I am glad you have the art book. I did not realize the other art books were much thicker than this. I have it, too, and use it for drawing my own pathetic DeviantArt stuff. There were some interesting concepts in there, as you point out- like Snoutlout being maybe a girl (I guess Ruffnut eventually took that role). It seemed interesting, too, how Toothless evolved from a Terrible Terror-like critter to a wolf or dog like being to being a black leopard (totally cool decision in my opinion- no one would think of making a dragon like a big wildcat, and yet it works perfectly and gives him an air of mystery). I liked also how they mentioned that the story was the most important part of the process- the movie had a great one, and in the end, that is the heart of every animated movie. So, I guess you'll move to the "Where's Hiccup" part in third person. I've often wondered myself if someone would ever touch on the fact that he might have picked up some impressions here and there about what was going on while he was knocked out
darkmist11 chapter 14 . 8/8/2010