Reviews for Hinting at Magic
Gabrielle Akins chapter 47 . 10/7/2020
This story was literally amazing
E.Prince chapter 8 . 7/1/2020
LOOOOOOOOL pepper spray is illegal in the uk, this country cares more about criminals than civilians.
bluefrost15 chapter 47 . 2/24/2019
Holy mackerel, that was beautiful.
bluefrost15 chapter 33 . 2/23/2019
I'm assuming they did it.
bluefrost15 chapter 9 . 2/22/2019
oh shit is it George WEASLEY or a different george?
xXAonoNYmouSPXx chapter 47 . 12/11/2018
I gotta say, the only complaint I have for this is the pacing for the first have which I found too fast for my taste. Nevertheless Alice McNally is gotta be the best OC I have ever came across with. I especially loved the first arc where she displayed her intelligence and wit. Your characterization of her is the best and I didn't mind at all that she practically stole the spotlight from the canon characters, in fact I was glad for that. She's wonderful and Alice's character is just inspiring. I ljust loved the idea and believe that this fic deserves more love.
I enjoyed reading this story all throughout until the ending and am sad that it's finally over. It was worth staying up at night for this.

Personally, I would have loved to see more of Alice amd Draco. Maybe a sequel? But that's just me.
And this goes without saying because I do not leave comments unless thr story really astounds me.

Excellent work and Thank you.
izhetbean chapter 47 . 8/8/2018
This story was an absolute pleasure to read.
I came across it in boredom and ended up pulling an all-nighter to finish it; I have no regrets.
This story was so unique and clever! I love your characterization and how it all played out. Absolutely perfect!
izhetbean chapter 47 . 8/8/2018
This story was an absolute pleasure to read.
pnncake chapter 47 . 8/26/2017
I loved everything about this story from the pace, description, characterization, to the dialogue, plot, and how real everything came together. Definitely one of my favorite stories!
Lady Hero of Lorien chapter 47 . 9/11/2016
It took me a while to read this whole story but I'm glad I did! I love this take on the world of HP. What I'd most like to praise is how you did something that a lot of authors struggle to do: you SHOWED the reader how intelligent Alice is instead of merely TELLING the reader that she's smart. It's so easy to just say she's smart and leave it there for us to assume. I love how you brought up her extensive education often and made her discourse reflect that.

I also loved your interpretation of the Malfoys, especially Narcissa. And the inclusion of Fritz of course. :)

Thank you for writing such a well-written and well-thought out story with a great plot. I'd have to say my favourite part was the parallel dream world as opposed to Alice's real world. Well done!
JoMarieY25 chapter 47 . 9/9/2016
Wow, that was a great story. :)
Ave Imperium chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
About 2 years ago now, I read this story for the first time. It stuck in my mind and when I started dabbling in HP fanfiction again I decided to re-read it. With a couple more years of writing experience under my belt I think I can offer a more advanced review.

As before, I really liked the idea behind this story, the characters and the storytelling. There is something charming about how you describe Draco and Alice and their budding relationship that defies all social expectations. Because of this, I still enjoyed the story a lot and read through it pretty quickly.

However, with time comes experience, and I have to say that I don't find the writing style very appealing. The most glaring problem for me is the distinct lack of 'showing' vs 'telling'
e.g: "Harry was very angry" (telling) vs "Harry clenched his fists with a glower".

While this was very prominent, I can't say it stopped me from enjoying the story and I kind of wish there were more in this same style.

Ps: Did you delete your AU on Vezely? I haven't followed it in a while, but cannot find it anymore.
fierytemper95 chapter 47 . 11/11/2015
So I'm at a loss...after reading this story I am so sad, because I just know I will never find another one as good! I hope you continue to write (maybe a sequel? Please please please) and I hope that you become a published author one day; you should get paid for your wonderful story telling.
AllThingWeird35 chapter 9 . 7/1/2015
I have a feeling she's a half blood bc of her grandfather?
DamnBlackHeart chapter 47 . 12/18/2014
This was a very enjoyable story! It's even better knowing that the story is actually completed. Not that many stories I've found are finished and this story is a gem. I love the characterization, the OC is great and the plot is unique - I certainly haven't seen anything similar to it. This is a job well done!