Reviews for An Unexpected Side Trip
Shinkansen chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Hilarious. Although, sadly, I am unfamiliar with the Halo universe. I was almost hoping for a Warhammer one (partly because of your nickname, as well).
Jman12394 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
OP curbstomp. WOW
Lord of Murder chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
lol halo/eragon best crossover ever. for when you want the entire plot wrapped up in 5000 words or less.
Maggie chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Heheheh

well to be honest I had no idea this was a halo x over until you pointed it out, makes sense though...

Mmkay! As for horrible crossover ideas here are the first to pop into my slightly deranged and highly disturbed young mind:

maximum ride/ mario and luigi crossover

plot: what does max do when she attempts to cook and ruins the sink by pouring the congealed mass down it? She calls the plumbers! What happens when the congealed mass comes to life and teams up with bowser, and max must join forces with the plumbers to fulfill her destiny- and save the world.

mortal instruments/zombieland

plot; Jace discovers that prolonged exposure to the zombie apocolypse ruins your complexion. Will he get over himself and his face long enough to stop it from becoming zombie chow? Or will he finally realize that all he ever wanted out of life was a Barbie dream house and this whole situation was so screwed up that it HAS to have something to do with valentine?

Heir apparent/Eragon

plot; eragon is searching for the vault of souls in caves deep beneath alegasia when he stumbles upon the last thing anyone expected: video games.

Now, an actually interesting and possibly good crossover; maximum ride/the host be Stephanie myer

this would be fun to read.

Keep writing

Maggie
Dautr abr du Sundavar chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
A very well-played crossover. Having only heard of Halo, I didn't know who some of the people (or computers, as the case might be) were, but you wrote it well enough that I could guess well enough. Great job, I loved it! Especially Jadeal's part...:D
Restrained.Freedom chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Good crossover. And I love the descriptions given for the Halo weapons and vehicles, "dragons… made of steel and iron… an island in the sky..."

But I am kinda sad that while the evil "G" gets off with a quick disintegration, his servant M&T are maimed and scarred {perhaps for the rest of their lives.}

Anyways, it was a fun read other than that part. XD
Apple Jaxx chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
I've never played Halo, but this story fasinates and impresses me. Very nicely written.

One thing that bothers me is the fact that the Varden are getting help. These people have no idea what's going on, yet they pick a side while the opposing side might not be bad at all. These people can't be sure who is right or wrong because thay have biased information.
hellhound-d.o.w chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
I really don't see that cross being any different than written. I'm not a real fan of either series, but this was good. As far as more ideas of really unbalanced crossovers, I would think maybe Star Wars and pretty much any fantasy-verse, like Lord of the Rings. Jedi or Sith versus the Ring-wraiths or even Sauron? Not to mention orbital bombardments... Nasty idea there... Halo and Neverwinter Nights would be another one. If you need a proofreader, I'm on here daily just about and have been reading fanfiction for more than ten years now, even longer for real books. As for what types, just about anything. I've been in the military for ten years and what you call "High octane nightmare fuel" I call morning coffee... Trust me, Navy coffee is scary stuff.
AngelForm chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
A very well thought out and excellently written story.

I think even just the Master Chief, fully armed and equipped of course, dropping in on that world would turn out the same. Might take him a little longer to win but win he would.

Good to hear the crazy ninja is coming along.

More crazy crossovers? Well on a theme like this I can think of a few:

USS Voyager covered a lot of ground in its epic journey, aswell as getting thrown around by uncounted anomalies.

SG-1 once took a mothership to hyperspace as it was hit by an exploding sun and stopped billions of light-years away.

SGA-1 boarded a dimensionally displaced Daedalus, what if McKay had ‘burnt out’ the dimensional drive instead of reversing it leaving them stranded in some other verse?

Battlestar Galactica and its attendant fleet could travel through just about anywhere.

Nanoha works for an organisation that reputedly administrates a huge number of dimensions, Nanoha and her colleges are all about as powerful as a battleship.

We never did find out where Goku ended up after the dragon carted him off. Where ever it was (even somewhere like the DC-comics universe) I suspect he probably broke the place.

Also I have always wondered what would happen if the Heartless (such cute little eldritch abomination) from Kingdom Hearts tried to take a world being fought over by The Imperium Of Man and the Forces Of Chaos. Possibly with a side helping of Necrons.
Infinite Freedom chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
I bet the Spartans could have taken down the entire Imperial army on their own. Also you don't need a beta. At least from what I have seen of your work.