Reviews for The Fontaine Family
DragonSteel chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Woah. That's intense. I totally love this background and insight into Fontaine.
Flammies chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
In a way, this really makes sense. I can see why he would be traumatized by that and then take it into his adult life. I've always wondered about his past and how he was made the person he was. Maybe he didn't want the same to happen to Jack?
mynameisthedoctor chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Ouch! Is this story itself inspired by Greek tragedies? Very Bioshock. It's extremely well written but I hate tragedies so I'm conflicted with How I should tell you this story is good... You took the antagonist and gave him a start of darkness story that was convincing and in character and gruesome and heartbreaking and I don't like it. It draws an emotional response almost as annoyingly as John Steinbeck, so um, yay? O.o
0ptimuspenguin chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Oh, I adored this :) very well done, the whole thing. I can just imagine little Fontaine, too...beautifully written and described. :) I hope to see more from you, too!
Archivist chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Wow. This is great. I loved how you foreshadowed the "future" in this story (the depths of the ocean. Elaine was a great OC, and I thought it was ironic how Frankiehates water. The ending was a great parallel to the rest of the story. Awesome job.
SteelSeeker chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Very well written and well thought out! It was interesting to see the connections you made between Fontaine's childhood experiences and his character and actions in-game. I really enjoyed reading it, and look forward to reading more of your writing in the future :)