Reviews for Artistic Licence
lizzymarlow1984 chapter 15 . 11/16/2014
oh darling mar never loved you,he would've waited if he had.*cries softly*roy will die.
Ali sanpei chapter 18 . 6/22/2014
Absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to read more of your stories!
Chichita chapter 18 . 12/13/2013
Wow, and here I though the reviews were exaggeration but no, this story deserves each and every one of them. This story is simply beautiful. The plot was great and the development wonderful. Such a great story, glad you finished this through. This story has my respect. :3
Guest chapter 18 . 1/14/2013
This is by far my favorite fanfiction I've ever read :)
Silver Ecstasy chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
This is a masterpiece.
Mystical Chibi Roxy chapter 18 . 12/6/2012
I love this game, although I suck at it. xD Great story, I love it!
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 18 . 7/25/2012
Marth is such an idiot. He’d better make u for it eventually. But he wants to be woo-ed, how cute is that?
“And then the first tear found its way out. Marth felt so churned up inside he didn't notice it until it was halfway down his cheek, and by the time he did he was already beginning to sob.” Soooo cuuute!

"Shall I go?" Ike offered.
"No, it's okay, you can stay."
"Shall I go?" Ike repeated.
"It's okay, you can stay," Marth repeated, confused. Ike gave a small smile.
"It's okay, I can go," he said. Marth finally got what he was getting at. He wanted to know what Marth wanted.
"Stay," he replied quietly. Ike gave a slight nod.
"Shall we go inside and have a drink?"
Ugh, finally! That’s what I’ve been waiting for, for Ike (or Roy) to point out Marth’s half-a***d attitude - and you gave it to me! Yay!

"I wasn't even there but I love the look on your face when you get the flashback."
Have I mentioned I like Elisse? I do, a lot.
"You bastard." The words were bland, but bland like the end of a sledgehammer.” Take That Bitch! Muhahahaha! Although Roy wasn’t the only idiot there.
Love it how you conveyed Marth’s thoughts on what Roy is really feeling (the ‘Compassion’ line) That was very powerful.

“Well, Marth wasn't going to sell this one. He would show the appreciation for talent that Ike deserved and go and thank him for it right now.”
Really, Marth? That the reason you’re going to go see him? *shakes head in desperation*

“From the very first portrait, from house paintings, eccentric sleeping patterns and toplessness – had Marth always loved him? Ike kissed him again and Marth slid easily into his arms, knowing it was where he belonged. From the first beetle to the last dimple, from the café to the field, always a warm glow in his heart, a space saved for Ike. His top slid off slowly and Ike's warm hands held him as they moved towards the bed. From the undercurrents in punting to the blossoming of the rose that was placed in his hair – the picture of the painting, the natural chemistry of coincidence. Everything leading to here, to now.” These words are a painting in themselves, they’re so beautiful. These must be my favourite lines of the whole story.

Elisse’s letter was wondeful. As for the end, well… that was painfully cute. I really, really like this story:) Thank you so much.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 13 . 7/25/2012
Love all the painting business, really, love it! you describe it all in such a nice manner, I can picture Ike’s paitings as well as the colours, and how they would go well with the different rooms. All these little details without sounding exaggerated, you are so talented!

Marth and Ike come across as very genuine. Marth in more of a cute way, while Ike is a stranger and more alternative person, but they go together perfectly. Their conversations are realistic and nice to read.

‘Boiling in here, isn’t it?’ made me crack up! Roy is so forceful, it’s kind of cute. I couldn’t decide who to root for, since Roy seems sincere and Ike is a bit of a weirdo but terribly good-hearted. But what in the world is wih Marth? He was a bit irritating from the beginning, acting all angsty, but when he dicided to sell Ike’s painting like that, I went ‘Oh no you di’in’t!’
"Lovely." Ike smiled. Marth smiled back.” – Kyaaaaaaaa! Uhm, sorry… I just adore these little moments.
And then Ike got angry because of the painting, yes! Lovely, how you described his disappointment turning into rage. He’s a guy with a backbone, I love it! Rooting for Ike now.

And wow, the body painting. You made it so that Ike isn’t being too bold or sexual, he just wants Marth to paint his chest. Because he’s an artist, because art is important to him, and because Marth is important to him. I don’t know how to say it right, but that part was very tender and wonderful.

But what in the World is with Marth deciding that: ‘Ike had finished painting his house, there was no official reason for them to meet again. And they wouldn't.’
So ungrateful! I do fully agree with: ‘A relationship begun on such short acquaintance could only end in disaster. It was just as well they hadn't had sex’, but he didn’t even properly thank Ike for all his loveliness! Marth, you big a-hole.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m being all squealy over this super cute soap opera you’ve created. Love the moment where Roy realises he’s paid his nemesis an awful lot of unnecessary money

“They approached from around the back so as to avoid the cemetery, and found themselves strolling instead under pleasantly dappled shade and in between long grass and lichen-dusted paving stones.” I don’t understand half of this but it sounds Beautiful! Love the singing in front of the church scene too. So sweet it hurts my teeth. And the way he’s all sad and scared when Roy kisses him, waaah!

I don’t like the part where Ike saves him, because it’s a bit too much of a coincidence and I don’t like coincidences. They’re unrealistic, you know? But I liked that you replayed the events through Ike’s mind to show us what had really happened.
"Oh my god, who is that?" he joked with mock drama. Marth whisked it off again.
"It's ME!"
"No way. See, the disguise is amazing."
This could have been cheesy but it wasn’t, you did a really good job, showing how they can still joke around with each other, contrasting with Marth’s feleings for Roy.
I’m kind of heartbroken for Roy though, because he means well. We don’t know why exactly he’s in love with Marth – because of honest passion or just a feeling of want – but he is being serious and Marth is playing with his feelings, albeit unconsciously.

OK, stop!
Subvay chapter 18 . 11/6/2011
Oh wow! This fic was amazing, I must say. The drama and romance blended together perfectly for me. I wish I found this fic earlier though, I could have re-read it many times by now! Overall, great fic, made me laugh quite a bit at some points; especially when Elisse reminded Marth of the 'red paint' incident. I will definatly be re-reading this veryyy soon! Also, I must add that I adore your writing style. 10/10 for me, if there was a rating box. :3
CaterpillarWishes chapter 18 . 5/11/2011
Hi... I... Ummm... Uhhhhh... Sorry. I don't know how to start off this review of mine. I guess your story just made me speechless. XD

Well, I might as well say what I want to say. *breathes in*

Your story was absolutely adorable. I really loved the plot of the whole story, and I'm really pleased by your style of writing. I'm really envious of you now. XD

Your story seemed to take me in deeper with each word(though I kinda covered my eyes at some Roy parts xD), and the way you presented the characters is absolutely commendable!

Now I wish I could write as good as you. . Well, i guess I have to try harder then. ;)

I loved this story and I hope you write more. .

Now please excuse me for I shall now stalk your other stories. .
Flying Pencil chapter 18 . 4/21/2011
I LOVE IT! that was just so perfect! The writig was phenomonal and (although I'm not usually big on short-term relationships starts) this was just fabulous! And I laughed and laughed! So great! Ike was hilarious and Marth was adorable! Roy was a bit of an ass and was that Pit we saw?

I love your writing and will now proceed to stalk more of your stories :)
thought hemorrhage chapter 18 . 4/19/2011
I've finished reading this fan fic of yours, and I must say, it's beautiful. Every chapter made me smile, although Roy was a bit of a bitch though, haha. XD But I raise my thumb at your fan fic. It was hilarious and very touching. I loved it. You should write more ! 3
whitemokona234 chapter 18 . 4/8/2011
OMG, OMG, OMG! I love you, I love you, I love you! I just got my internet turned back on today and I remembered some of the awesome stories I had read on my phone that I couldn't review and then I remembered you! And I remembered how this story was so... so... dammit I can't think of a good word, if that word even exists. I was all OH MY GOD, ROY YOU BASTARD! when he cheated on Marth with Pit (or I'm assuming it was Pit) and made him cry and spouted some bullshit afterward. Excuse my language, but still! How dare he! And then Ike, the weirdo painter guy with sexy abs and weird ramblings... OMG I was totally drooling. This ws just... wow! That's really all I can say, for my brain is the size of a squirrels. Anyway, yeah I just wanted to say that so uh... happy writings!
Seto Kaibaman chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
I'll just say now that I went into this thinking it was going to be stupid. I'm not big on the whole AU thing, especially since SSB is an AU already. I set my sights on finding everything wrong with this fic and ragging on you for it. Ignoring the discrepancies between American English and British English, there were still some spelling and grammar errors littered throughout. However, most of them appeared to be typos that spell check or proofreading simply missed, so I'm not going to hold it against you. Actually, I rather like your writing style. It felt a little stilted at first, but perhaps that's because you didn't quite know where the story was going to end up. As the chapters progressed it seemed like you got into the swing of things and the story flowed more smoothly. Despite my initial intent, I found myself enjoying the story more and more as I read on. I do still stand by my opinion, though: I dislike AU. To me, your characters seemed nothing like the characters they're modeled after, save for sharing a name and a vague description. But I still enjoyed your characterization, so in my mind I simply ignored the connection to the source and viewed these characters as your own creation, instead opting to read this as an original work of fiction rather than fanfiction. It made it much better for me.

Overall, it was a quirky-yet-well-written fic. Kudos to you for proving me wrong and deflating my vendetta against piss-poor fiction. I'd say that this certainly deserves a spot in my favorites, as it's something I might actually opt to read again - something I rarely do.
suyuchikun chapter 18 . 10/17/2010
Omg i loved that i just found it thinking eh? Why not and im glad i did thankyou scince i ship multiple pairings(please dont hate me) i like royXmarth but i LOVE ikeXmarth so thankyou again.