Reviews for Swimming through Blood
sarah chapter 21 . 11/1/2012
so sad
The Reckless and Brave chapter 13 . 10/9/2012
The only thing that bugged me about your "Annie" segment (in chapter 12), is that you said her last name was Lamprey when it is Cresta (it is written in the official books). Maybe I'm not the first one who is telling you, but anyway... Except this small detail, your storyline is absolutely amazing and I'm very glad I found this fan fiction :D If you could write a story completely in Peeta's POV in his first Hunger Games, I'd be totally happy xDD Please, let me know... I haven't read the one about the Hunger Games of both Katniss and Peeta you wrote, but I'll do it right after this one. I don't know if it is like this one, if yes, I'll be very pleased, because it gives a new dimension to the story. I'd like to know... what happened in the third Quarter Quell and after (in your version) because it is weird to find that Brutus, Finnick, Cashmere and Gloss are alive... Not that I don't like them... I actually love Finnick character and I would have liked that he come back from the Capitol in the third book... Well, I hope you'll answer me soon ;) thxx
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Hello! I'm reading your fic on behalf of The Reviews Lounge, Too, a community dedicated to reviewing and promoting quality fanfic, because one of our members recommended your story. I think this is a really interesting concept for the Games, first off. The opening couple of lines were really attention-grabbing, too, since you drew the reader right into the plot while characterizing Ariel just through her tone in those few lines as she's thinking through whether she has a chance of being named tribute.

That said, there were a few things that did bother me. It seems too convenient that all of Ariel's male relatives by blood died recently-that she and Mako were sent in together would have been more believable to me if they were at least fiancees, so that there was some legal relation between them to more realistically justify why Mako was chosen. And why is Finnick still alive? Lastly, your narration skimped on details sometimes, like in the first scene when you say that they make out on the couch for a while; not to be horribly cliched, but be sure to show and not tell.

Overall, definitely an intriguing first chapter! Feel free to come check out the community sometime if you're interested.
Alice Elisabeth chapter 22 . 4/10/2012
Let's just say Annie wasn't the only on in hysterics at this chapter :'(
Alice Elisabeth chapter 18 . 4/10/2012
After reading the whole of the Hunger Games trilogy, I didnt cry until when Prim was killed in Mockingjay and that was only a little bit. Reading this chapter though, I was literally breaking down like Katniss because of Rue and Cinna's deaths. After all Peeta and Katniss have been through, its so sad :'(

Your a really amazing writer and I abseloutley adore this fanfic, it's so emotional and you've described everything so perfectly! I read the unknown lovers of district 2 before and found it just as good as the Hunger Games, by the end of it I actually regretted the fact that Katniss and Peeta won! Should have been Clato.

Keep going with the writing though, I can't wait to see what's going to happen next, but first I should probably calm down, stop crying and remember it's fictional :') Congrats
toolazytologin chapter 23 . 3/19/2012
-sits here crying- I HATE YOU!

Well, no... I just hate that ending... Well, also no. IT'S JUST SO SAD!

-the magical piccolo player (yes, I have an actual penname)
Emily chapter 23 . 2/11/2012
i just finished reading "Swimming through Blood" and I loved it. I was crying multiple times. :( and i love you sounds too :)it can be weid but while reading "Swimming through Blood" I listened your song about Finnick and Annie ;D. It really was matching. I also play piano so I would like to see how to play your songs, if you can could you post some video on Youtube? and back to your stories ;DD (I am a bit messed up (: ) i also did read your AE of Cato and Clove which I loved too ;D now i will read the sequel for "Swimming through Blood". kaap writting stories because you are really good at them!

P.S. I'm from small land called Lithuania so don't judge if i made any mistakes writing thi :)
accioyourheart chapter 23 . 1/14/2012
Oh my gosh I read this whole story in one sitting. It's amazing, just like the rest of your stories. You reached your goal, because I cried. You're such a brilliant writer, and I love your stories!
PurpleBoo chapter 15 . 10/9/2011
NO! Scurry! D: its rue all over again!
myonlysinwastodream chapter 9 . 10/3/2011
Mako!
PurpleBoo chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
FINNICK ISN'T DEAD! Yay! U rock! I'm so reading it just to read about finnick :)
Owen chapter 4 . 7/30/2011
Wow mako reminds me of a nice romantic version of Cato
Owen chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
This is epic but isn't district 4 full of careers so like shouldn't they be happy? But yeah this rocks u got talent Rae!
KHnaruto29 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
That was really good! nice twist on the games for the Quarter Querl, very inhumane and cruel (just like all the other hunger games) i think it could use just a little more detail though, like describing their surroundings and stuff. very good though! ']
AguaDeMar chapter 23 . 6/8/2011
I loveyour writing!

I adore it and you are incredible.

Bye