Reviews for The Brave One
wolf-akuma chapter 34 . 1/18
My guess is that she found Scarecrow's lair or lab, or possibly a passageway to his lair. I can't wait for more chapters! Please continue this!
Update soon!
LaughLoveLive24 chapter 34 . 10/11/2014
Update please! I really want to find out what happens. You can't just leave it like this. Your too good of a writer for that!
shadowsteed chapter 34 . 8/23/2014
Hi! I just finished reading the whole story and it's amazing, really amazing... I hope that you will update soon cause I would love to know what will happen next. I'm starting to get a feeling that Sam's mother might not be such a nice person as it might seem...
SectumSemprae chapter 34 . 7/7/2014
Hmm… I'm wondering if she found a passageway leading to Scarecrow's secret spot in the elevator shaft, or possibly a Chronicle of Arkham… Hmm… In fact, something I've been wondering since the beginning of the story - was Joker's breakout attempt the same one from the Arkham Asylum video game… Or is that one yet to come? :D Hehehe, looking forward to the next chapter! Keep up the awesome writing! :)
SectumSemprae chapter 30 . 7/7/2014
Wise words from June Stellar… It's making me wonder even more who Samantha's father was. :)
SectumSemprae chapter 28 . 7/7/2014
Definitely enjoyed the Riddler bit! :D And the spooky part is knowing just how close Miss Stellar really is to her daughter, how close they've all been all this time… That adds a layer of horror to the story. Very nice work!
SectumSemprae chapter 25 . 7/7/2014
I like how she speaks back against him and refuses to let him silence her, even when she's terrified. She truly is the Brave One. :)
SectumSemprae chapter 22 . 7/7/2014
Thought her art might make an appearance. :) Absolutely loved the description of the flowers and the sunset in the earlier chapter, and loved the description here too. Art is so very therapeutic, and her reaction to drawing him was spot on. Sounds like she might be bonding with Crane against her will.
SectumSemprae chapter 20 . 7/7/2014
So that's what was bothering Scarecrow... Samantha looks like Sherry Squires! No wonder he's been losing his composure so much. :D I like that twist! This is getting very, VERY interesting... :)
SectumSemprae chapter 18 . 7/7/2014
Poor Samantha. :( With all the emphasis on Scarecrow's fear toxin in the movies and games, it's so easy to forget how terrifying he can be all on his own. Don't give up, Samantha!
SectumSemprae chapter 15 . 7/7/2014
Ooh, I like it! :D His hideout ties into both Batman Begins and the video game Arkham Asylum: in the movie it was in the basement, and in the game it was in the elevator shaft, so I can totally picture Crane having a hideout hidden under the asylum that only he can access. After all, he was staff once - he probably knows even more secrets than the average inmate. I love how proud he is of his mask. And I love how Samantha outsmarted him! :D
SectumSemprae chapter 13 . 7/7/2014
I love the dynamics between Crane and Samantha! You reveal so much about each of them just from how they talk to each other. You get the sense that Scarecrow could actually be a wonderful psychiatrist - which is even scarier to consider the tools he has to abuse his power. And at the same time, it really is sad everything he went through. I wonder if the fear toxin he develops would not only target the fears about his and Samantha's childhoods, but about Batman's as well. :( None of them had happy childhoods. You are an awesome writer! :)
SectumSemprae chapter 12 . 7/7/2014
I wonder who her father was… Somehow I get the feeling it might be someone in the Rogues' Gallery, especially if no one will talk about why he left. I'm excited to find out! And it sounds like Miss Stellar might have had something with Jim Gordon. :D I love how strong Samantha is! No matter what Crane does, she always keeps her strong sense of self. :)
SectumSemprae chapter 10 . 7/7/2014
Poor Samantha! You write her and Crane so well, and being his test subject is every bit as terrifying as you would imagine! Crane is so creepy, the way he can switch between taking science notes and inquiry and delighting in her reaction to his fear gas. You write him with the perfect combination of the two! I hope Samantha escapes! Poor girl.
SectumSemprae chapter 8 . 7/7/2014
Poor Miss Stellar… I can totally feel her panic, and the suspense you put into this chapter, knowing what she'll find (or won't find, rather), is so compelling! Awesome work!