Reviews for There and Back Again
Quacked Lurker chapter 9 . 2/28
Lovely story.
Don't read much LOTR, but I'm glad this exceptional work (mini-novel?) was written and shared.
I do like how you've incorporated Christianity (and Judaism) in the chapters. I do agree - what we believe does affect how we view ourselves, our neighbors, and our enemies. If society tells us we evolved from monkeys, where is the respect for life, the honor for others experience, and the like?

This felt at once too short, yet just right.
And now Goldilocks for Col. Hogan makes sense - he's the one making the mess for the bears!
Lovely characterizations - and the balance between cultural shock and natural acceptance was a good blend.

Evil exists in many forms - the Ring was destroyed, but its touches remain. Hitler's Nazisim is now gone, but the effects still reverberate through the ages.
The tie-ins between the realms helped explain some of the Historical aspects, and some of the fictional aspects I thought I'd forgotten, or never properly gotten.

Take care, and may God bless you and keep you, and make his face shine upon yours.
Jeff Riley Snow chapter 9 . 1/6
Thank you so much for writing this story. I have recently discovered fan fiction, and love how you wove two opposite groups into one tale.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading more crossover fan fiction from you.

Jeff Riley Snow
Eruthiawen Luin chapter 9 . 8/23/2014
This is probably the only crossover I've actually ever Fandoms you put together were perfect. I loved it.
Thalion Estel chapter 9 . 5/16/2014
What a great and funny story! The characters are well done, the humor is perfect, and there are several solid biblical principles. I also caught that veggie tales reference, and I am still laughing. Excellent job!
tess chapter 9 . 4/9/2014
magnificent
tess chapter 7 . 4/9/2014
this is my favorite book ever this is the best book ever i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee it ssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i can't stop reading it and will be so sad when i finish it i really really really really really really really looooooooooooooovvvvvvveeee it and i don't care if it goes on forever and ever because these are my 2 favorite places in the whole wide world ever i mean i have loved lotr ever since i could ride my bike (literally the day my dad taught me to ride my bike was the day that i first saw lotr) and i have loved hogan's heroes ever since i was able to watch tv i reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy llllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it ssssssssssssssoooooooooooooo much i can't express myself enough
tess chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
perfect this combines my 2 favorite worlds in one
Fortune Zyne chapter 9 . 1/28/2013
THis was an amazing story! Well done!
Would the HEroes still be alive at the time of the movies though?
IrishDancer chapter 9 . 1/19/2012
To quote Spock, "fascinating."
IrishDancer chapter 8 . 1/19/2012
I can't believe it! You stole a chapter title from Junior Asparagus of VeggieTales? Liked the bit about Boromir talking to the others about having to kill the enemy, and hoping they're evil, and not good men who were drafted.
IrishDancer chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
LOVED the do we have Indians in the woods around Stalag 13 bit!
IrishDancer chapter 2 . 1/19/2012
I liked the irony of Frodo wondering if he's dreaming.
IrishDancer chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
When I read the summary, I didn't think you could make this work. I was wrong.
KShara Khan chapter 5 . 12/13/2011
I think this could go very well with the "One Ring" "Power corrupts and absolut power corrupts absolutely" That is why I beleive that none of the heroes would take the ring!
ferryboat George chapter 9 . 12/7/2011
A wonderful, delightful story. I've never actually read LotR, but I did watch the movies, and I read the Hobbit a long time ago, and I love Hogan's Heroes. You manage to combine the two most realistically. I only decided to read this story because the sequel looked interesting, so I'm off to check that out.