Reviews for Watch The Orange Glow
Syd15 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Beautiful!

I loved this episode. It's probably one of my favourites and you did it justice with this story.

I always saw a lot of fic potential in the episode... I mean, not only she decides to barge in before Jane wanted her to because she can't have him die whenever he decides fits. But because later, when everything happens so fast that there's no time to think about consequences he shots Hardy - someone who could lead him to Red John, as slim as the chances of that happening are - to safe Lisbon and THAT means something because he's willing to die if it means that Red John gets caught but not so much if it is Lisbon's life that is at risk...

I think your story is a great insight into her character, her thoughts, during this episode. I too think that she doesn't regret her actions, and I'll say that he doesn't blame her for them or regret killing Hardy...

Anyway, great fic, I loved reading it!
Trinityblade chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
This was so wonderfully in character and well done, not to mention deliciously sexy. I will choose to believe that this is what really happened, because that makes my life a better place. Thank you for this.
hardly loquacious chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
You know, I never really thought about doing extablished relationship fic from the first season, just because the tone between J/L is so very different. But this works. Maybe because I've always seen 1.23 as such a turning point in their relationship. I like that Lisbon was the one breaking the promise in this challenge response. Jane's the easier one to write doing that.

Favourite lines, easily:

It's not love, but it's something.

Now it's out in the open, and there's nothing they can do to hide it away again.

Nicely done, as always.
anthropologist chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
There are so many wonderful things about this story. I love the subtle little moments between Lisbon and Jane, like the pinky swear, which was somehow just perfect for an otherwise tense moment. You provided great insight for this episode and gave us a very intriguing look into Lisbon's mind. The summary was also exceptional, it drew me in right away. Lovely work, as always! :) I always admire your ability to write deep, insightful and touching stories in a very beautiful and expressive way.
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
I really enjoyed this story. I think you went really deep into both Jane and Lisbon's emotions and gave some 'back story' into how they are both feeling and how this case affected them. Great job :)
Frogster chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
That was good! It was interesting to explore last season's season finale when this season's is next week. Especially when dealing with the dynamic of Jane and Lisbon's relationship. It's been tested, and will be, just in different ways.

As for being a hopeless romantic-don't worry, I am too. We've got to stick together. :D

Update soon!
forthecoast chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Yay, dedications! :)

I am jealous of your ability to write established J/L. You manage to keep them in character while in a relationship, which is no easy feat with these two. So bittersweet, but not without hope - the pinky swear was such a lovely touch! Wonderful, as always.
Country2776 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
awesome as usual
mwalter1 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Perfect write up of all the missing parts to this episode. Loved the pinky swear.
FiveRoses chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
I really enjoyed this take on the S1 finale. It was an episode that really bothered me because it seemed so out of character for Lisbon to go along with Jane's plan like that - it was, in fact, the beginning of them all veering off-course during S2 - so it's nice to have a story that (even though it's AU) explains some of their murky motivations during this episode. Plus I always like a story told from Lisbon's POV.

Really nicely written, as always. :)
Chiisana Minako chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Aww.. alright, alright, you won me over with the sweet ending :)!

YAY for dedicatories :3 whee

I liked how you described Lisbon's reasoning for accepting his request and making the promise. At the time she meant it, even if she broke it afterwards. I know it always depends on the point of view of the person in question, but in this case, just as Lisbon, I'm not upset at all that she broke the promise, even if I hate when someone does that to me, it was for a greater good. Suddenly I think Jane would say something like that for killing RJ D:

Ahem xD. Back to it, I think my favorite scene (besides the ending) was when they.. let's say celebrate the promise :p it was so cute, I could picture their happy laughs :)

I have 3 hours of sleep in my body so my brain is all fuzzy interesting title, by the way.

Talk to you later my friend :)!
lisbon69 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
whoa! awesome writing
raquelvalente91 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Wow! Now this is a beautiful and amazing insight at Lisbon's feelings during the episode. I love this... Heck, I love all your stories but this one... Just wow!

Swept me off my feet! :D
The Lovely Muse chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
I'm envious on your ability to write so flawlessly. This was bittersweet and kept them in-character yet still managed to show a side of them not explored on the actual show. I also love the way you write the chemistry between them. This was a beautiful read.