Reviews for The Best of Friends
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
If I hadn't read your Author's Note, I would have thought the accident you referred to was Danny getting shot in the back. So this plays well either way. Not only was this fun and exciting (the game), but I could see their friendship in here. You did a great job with that! Danny is so sweet in picking up flowers and dinner for him and Lindsay, it is very loving!

Favorite lines

"Tying the towel around his waist, he hurried into the entryway and opened the door to admit Don Flack. Don jokingly looked him up and down and said, "Sorry dude, you're not my type." Danny made a motion to slam the door in his face, but Don easily sidestepped him and entered the apartment."

"You know, I think I will stick with Lindsay. After almost losing her after the accident, my life during that period was very dark and almost unbearable. Since we have begun heading back to where we used to be, I thank God everyday that He saw fit to give me a second chance with her. I'm not going to screw that up again."

"There was no sound of the ball rebounding off of the backboard. There was no sound of the ball rolling around the rim of the basket. There was only a "whooshing" sound…like the sound of a basketball hitting nothing but net as it falls thru a basket. This simple, solitary noise was quickly followed by the sound of the buzzer announcing the end of the game.

The noise was deafening compared to the silence that had been so prevalent only seconds before. Don and Danny joined the thousands of fans who had leapt to their feet cheering and applauding the spectacular final play that had led to victory."