Reviews for The Other Side of Me
Tulipp chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
I am here! My reviews are likely to be a bit more delayed than usual with this story (life), but I am, as always, a huge fan of anything you write.

So far, I like what is different from PWC and NWY and what is the same. Similar, so far, is the easy way that Edward and Bella get along so effortlessly and then, without either of them seeming to be aware of a particular turning point, seem drawn toward one another as if it had been happening all along. Different are the details: I know I mentioned this in the previous chapter, but I do think you have a slightly different style here, and I like that you can make that change. The details here seem to focus on color: Bella's brown eyes, the pink of the sushi, the yellow of the Perkins Gillman story, the green vine, the black and grey splotches. Just about the only color I didn't see was blue, and I found that intriguing.

I am enjoying the slow slide of E and B toward one another...
Sunfeathers chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
Such a heartbreaking chapter - sad, shocking and frightening -but so very realistically written. No melodrama - just simple and real - it just unfolded like you almost can't believe it just happened. But I guess that's how crimes like that are. Things are just all of a sudden happening and there's fear and confusion and incomprehension - and then all of a sudden you're sitting on the couch talking to the police. The way you wrote this entire scene made everything so vivid - the curtains, the tie, the momentary blindness, the sirens coming so fast and - even though expected - it seems surreal that they stop at your house. And Bella's noticing that the day is just going on around her - and life is happening as it would - but her whole world has changed completely forever ...

Her final words about herself haunt me ... and I know those feelings will haunt her. I can't even begin to guess how this will all unfold - I know I hope James is brought to justice, that Bella is able to heal and continue her beautiful relationship with Edward. (WHO touched my heart with his tears and tenderness in this chapter.) I hope she gets professional help and allows her family and friends to help her too.

Thank you for sharing this amazing story - and thank you for writing this with such respect and sensitivity. Eager to read more ...
RACHIAN chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
So sad...

The scene was written very well, I thought. As tasteful as was possible.

James is sick, and I hope they arrest him the same day. I don't see how he can allege that the sex was consensual either, with the bite and the knot on her head and hopefully that is something.
cullengirl08 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
That's some friend James is. If he thought she was going to like him after that, he's got another thing coming. I hope they get him and prosecute him. I'm just glad that Edward got to the apartment when he did; it could have been much worse than it was.
Rolange chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
Nicely done! The way you have Edward and Bella coming together is so natural, friends then lovers. The signals are all their for James to be the rapist. He won't take no for an answer, he thinks Edward came between them so he has something to prove, he's jealous and possessive (our girl?)...if I'm wrong, I'll eat crow but the signs are all there.

I love New York, the descriptions... Bella dragging Edward out into the rain was so sweet! I"ve only been to New York City twice and found it so exhilarating and exciting and dangerous all at the same time. Your descriptions bring it all back.
susayq chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
oh god. That was awful for Bella. I'm assuming that Edward walked in on James attacking her and James left in the middle of it, right? That's the way it sounded. I wish Edward would have beat the crap out of him. How will she ever get over this? I think Edward's reaction broke my heart more than Bella's. It's expected for her to be crying and upset, but he was just as hurt as she is.

Cpan chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
So sad, but I am relieved to have that part over! And I am so glad that she is letting Edward help her though this time. I hope we get Edwards side of the story, what happened when he went to visit with James.
Rolange chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
Okay, I've just started reading this and this chapter is WIN! Loved the conversation, the near kiss, the awkwardness...the not wanting it to be weird if they kiss...but causing it to be a little weird in the effort. I'm worried about James though...
Kerry Hale chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
OMG that was really well written. So sad. Great job.
Erikajo chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
Awful. Poor Bella.
Kerry Hale chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
So good. Well the cat is out of the bad now. I wonder how pissed James is. Loved it.
zpower21 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
WOW... Bella is going to be a pile of mess after this. Her whole world view just changed in an instant. Edward now has a whole lot of shit to deal with as well.

I am very glad that it was not all that graphic. It was detailed just enough to know what was going on without having to read every minute detail about it.

I guess now the story begins huh? How are Bella and Edward going to move forward form here?

Capricorn75 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
Thank you for treating that with as much respect as possible, and not glorifying the assault. Not that I ever thought you would, but so many people try to romanticize this hideous act in fanfic.

I hope Bella follows through with prosecuting James, as I think that can possibly be therapeutic for her. Thank god she has Edward to help her with this, but honestly this can easily break a couple up. I hope they are strong enough to get through this.

I am very curious to see how Bella will handle life after this, and how you will write the rest of the story.
CJ1325 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
awesome. keep it up.
Rehtona chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
Do you have some chapters written up in advance? If not, now might be the time to arrange that because if it's as hard to write as it is to read, you'll need that emotional break should you come to a chapter that's difficult for you. This came fast, so I'm not making assumptions, just a suggestion so that you can have some peace of mind - a chapter in your back pocket.
2,105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 .. Last Next »