Reviews for The Other Side of Me
Rolange chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
Nicely done! The way you have Edward and Bella coming together is so natural, friends then lovers. The signals are all their for James to be the rapist. He won't take no for an answer, he thinks Edward came between them so he has something to prove, he's jealous and possessive (our girl?)...if I'm wrong, I'll eat crow but the signs are all there.

PS

I love New York, the descriptions... Bella dragging Edward out into the rain was so sweet! I"ve only been to New York City twice and found it so exhilarating and exciting and dangerous all at the same time. Your descriptions bring it all back.
susayq chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
oh god. That was awful for Bella. I'm assuming that Edward walked in on James attacking her and James left in the middle of it, right? That's the way it sounded. I wish Edward would have beat the crap out of him. How will she ever get over this? I think Edward's reaction broke my heart more than Bella's. It's expected for her to be crying and upset, but he was just as hurt as she is.

Cpan chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
So sad, but I am relieved to have that part over! And I am so glad that she is letting Edward help her though this time. I hope we get Edwards side of the story, what happened when he went to visit with James.
Rolange chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
Okay, I've just started reading this and this chapter is WIN! Loved the conversation, the near kiss, the awkwardness...the not wanting it to be weird if they kiss...but causing it to be a little weird in the effort. I'm worried about James though...
Kerry Hale chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
OMG that was really well written. So sad. Great job.
Erikajo chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
Awful. Poor Bella.
Kerry Hale chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
So good. Well the cat is out of the bad now. I wonder how pissed James is. Loved it.
zpower21 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
WOW... Bella is going to be a pile of mess after this. Her whole world view just changed in an instant. Edward now has a whole lot of shit to deal with as well.

I am very glad that it was not all that graphic. It was detailed just enough to know what was going on without having to read every minute detail about it.

I guess now the story begins huh? How are Bella and Edward going to move forward form here?

~Z~
Capricorn75 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
Thank you for treating that with as much respect as possible, and not glorifying the assault. Not that I ever thought you would, but so many people try to romanticize this hideous act in fanfic.

I hope Bella follows through with prosecuting James, as I think that can possibly be therapeutic for her. Thank god she has Edward to help her with this, but honestly this can easily break a couple up. I hope they are strong enough to get through this.

I am very curious to see how Bella will handle life after this, and how you will write the rest of the story.
CJ1325 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
awesome. keep it up.
Rehtona chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
Do you have some chapters written up in advance? If not, now might be the time to arrange that because if it's as hard to write as it is to read, you'll need that emotional break should you come to a chapter that's difficult for you. This came fast, so I'm not making assumptions, just a suggestion so that you can have some peace of mind - a chapter in your back pocket.
radioactive77 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
I love that B and E were already in a relationship before this happened...and I really love that they reported it and she is following through with all the aftermath stuff that for some reason never gets written about in fics. I really love your E and B...and hate your James.
brittCboo chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
I knew it was coming... but it didn't make it any easier. I hope you understand that my thoughts are consumed with sadness and anger... preventing me from voicing an actual opinion on the chapter. Hugs to you... because I cannot imagine how hard it was to write such things...
susayq chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
Wow. James was really hurting. I knew he would, especially after he once again asked out Bella after the art show and she told him how proud she was of him. I'm glad Edward told Bella how he's always been attracted to her so she doesn't think it was just spur of the moment. Got a question, how old is Edward and James? have you said how much older they are and I just don't remember?

You are an amazing writer. This is very different from the last story I read from you. It has a different feel to it...I like it. Not that I didn't like the other. You know what I mean LOL have a great day :)

susayq chapter 3 . 5/24/2010
I was gone for the weekend and am just now getting to read this. I love Bella's self-restraint...she held out till next Saturday before giving her self to him completely ;0) I think James is going to be very mad that she's with Edward...just a feeling I have.

2,101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 .. Last Next »