Reviews for The Other Side of Me
Nannyjojo chapter 10 . 1/3
She may have originally gone for the wrong reasons, but it's given her as she says a little hope.
She seems a little stronger to me already.
It's not going to be a quick fix, but I believe she'll get there.
Nannyjojo chapter 9 . 1/3
Damn I want this Edward.
So caring and sweet.
I'm glad that Bella is going to talk to someone.
I kind of hope Edward is too.
She is going to have ups and downs but she is growing with every turn.
I think she needs to be more honest with Edward though when things like the laundry happen.
Nannyjojo chapter 8 . 1/3
She is making progress.
And as I said before, Edward is suffering somehow too.
Having to see Bella go through this, and we don't know what he actually saw.
I am loving this.
Nannyjojo chapter 7 . 1/3
I think she needs to talk to someone, even if it's another survivor.
But yeah, she does need to also come to terms with things in her own way.
Edward I guess is a 'victim' too. Even though it didn't happen to him directly, he needs someone to be there for him.
Nannyjojo chapter 6 . 1/3
Oh Bella, you really do need to speak to someone.
It's understandable that as it all sinks in for her she is going to push Edward away.
I hope he sticks to his word,she needs him more than ever now,even if she doesn't realise it yet.
Just when they found each other.
Nannyjojo chapter 5 . 1/3
I really wanted Edward to get there in time.
I guess it would have been worse if he got there any later.
I guess he feels guilty now.
That's the look that Bella sees when she looked at him.
Was that all James or was he on something, not that it excuses what he did.
Nannyjojo chapter 4 . 1/3
Yep, James is pissed.
But really, he couldn't see it coming between them.
I saw it in chap 1.
Lol.
Well they cleared that up.
James is hitting out, but I guess he thought he always knew what Edward was like, but then was Edward like that cause be was trying to hide his true feelings.
He says that she was always off limits.
Time will tell I guess.
Nannyjojo chapter 3 . 1/3
Well they have crossed that line, I'm sure not everyone will be happy either.
But I am.
I hope they can make it last.
I'm sure this is one girl Alice won't turn on
Nannyjojo chapter 2 . 1/3
Oh Bella.
But then I guess it could be just them spending some time together alone. So maybe she was right to stop it.
But deep down i think not.
My own heart was racing and it wasn't my lips he was almost kissing.
Maybe tomorrow.
Nannyjojo chapter 1 . 1/3
Well that chapter had me hooked.
I am looking forward to seeing what will happen, even the bad bits.
renewagain chapter 12 . 1/2
and now I need to go read your other stories! and the collabs? exciting stuff ahead! Thank you for sharing all of this
renewagain chapter 11 . 1/2
I know I have more to say, but for now life is calling. One other thing, the storyline and ultimate resolution were perfect. It felt very realistic to me, but I don't have this kind of experience exactly to be able to say that it is exactly realistic, just that it felt this way to me to such an extent that even though you mentioned multiple times you had "researched" I still felt at the end that you went through it. Which I hope you take as another compliment in that I felt you took so much care with your representations that my expectation is that it was for yourself. But I have come to realize that a skilled author can do just that, "create". So regardless of your own life, I feel that through this story and through knowing you online, that I'm a more understanding woman. Other women. Of myself. Of other humans. This is why I love books, I love stories, I live for empathy and for creating empathy in others...so to me that is what this story is about. I would never dismiss someone else's experience as something I can truly understand. But I can get closer by reading your writing!
renewagain chapter 10 . 1/2
and this chapter. The smile. For me. I adored this. It is so true. My mom is into Oriental Medicine and she has often told me to "smile at my organs" and that your "eyes should twinkle". I think the idea of smiling for myself is another layer of these commands. It is so deep in so many ways. I've been taking it to heart since I read this.
renewagain chapter 6 . 1/2
Of course I loved the romance. Of course I loved the classic ExB connection. I mean, hello, fanfic! So I enjoyed the entertainment that your writing gave me...is that offensive when it is such a serious subject? I hope not, because when he cried as he held her when he realized he was "too late" it was every image that glues you to the screen of a gut-wrenching film. But apart from them being ExB I felt you captured this sort of feeling that neither of them was superhuman, but that they were people that you could be too. The fantasy, that you could have someone love you so much is not so far removed. Yet it is. see, not so good with words myself but just trying to explain why I felt this story so deeply.
renewagain chapter 5 . 1/2
that guilt we all feel when mistreated...that, "If only I had handled it differently" when you look back at an event with that insane manic kind of regret. and think you could have changed the outcome. You captured this.
2,155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »