Reviews for The Other Side of Me
renewagain chapter 5 . 1/2
that guilt we all feel when mistreated...that, "If only I had handled it differently" when you look back at an event with that insane manic kind of regret. and think you could have changed the outcome. You captured this.
renewagain chapter 4 . 1/2
Another thing, I got the warnings, and I suppose I guessed who the culprit could be. But yet, I still didn't know. I think this was another element of the craft of your words. The disconnect between us and others, that makes all humans something other than black or white (as in all good or all bad). That anger that she felt because she missed him.
renewagain chapter 3 . 1/2
I missed NYC while reading this story. I loved your romantically "un-romantic" way of describing this city. The noises outside her apartment from her restaurant. I felt like I was there. I missed the smells outside my last home in Queens. I miss the pain of that city. You took me there again. Thank you.
renewagain chapter 2 . 1/2
I think you handled the subject matter amazingly. And this is my first story of yours, so actually we are friends on fb...and I've admired your personality online as someone to dialogue with before I saw you as someone who created such magic with your fiction too. I mean I already should have known because of your intelligent and thought-provoking posts and comments. So why was I surprised?
renewagain chapter 1 . 1/2
so here's what happened: this story was recommended to me and I went and downloaded it to my kindle. and then I just read it. and cried. and laughed. and admired. and then I felt guilty and shy because I didn't review and because I don't know what to say. I feel like I should say it in more than one review because wow. This was a truly amazing story. So here goes...
I'm A Cuckoo chapter 34 . 12/22/2015
I have a confession to make. I've been favouriting your stories and obsessing over them for the past five days. Your writing has completely taken over my life, and I PROMISE to go back and review the stories I've already read!
This one was so good, I don't think I have the words. To take such a sensitive issue that's so real and so desperately avoided in every day life, and to write it this well was just brilliant. I can hardly call this fan fiction because the characters were your own. Obviously I have no idea what your circumstances are, and you could already be writing professionally, but you definitely deserve to be published. Stories like this, and talent like yours, need to be shared.

I imagine that, at times, this was hard to write, but thank you so much for writing it. I'm so glad I found your work.

Cuckoo x
TheMrsW chapter 34 . 9/19/2015
I don't even know how to describe how I feel about this story, but thank you for sharing it. It was an excellent read.
Elise de Sallier chapter 34 . 7/7/2015
This was such a challenging read...but so beautiful! Thank you so much for having the courage to write such a difficult story.
audiblyausten chapter 34 . 6/25/2015
Wow. What an amazing story. I'm rather speechless right now. I love how honest this story is. I felt every emotion and fear and daily interaction that Bella experienced, even though I can't (and hopefully never will) truly identify with her. This was an amazing read. Thank you for writing it.
Kopec82 chapter 34 . 6/23/2015
Glad there wasn't a baby.
larsh chapter 34 . 3/19/2015
I just love, you are a brilliant writer, this fic is the reason i only got 3 hours sleep last night, I couldn't not finish it! Congrats to you, looking forward to reading more of your work! Xx
twilightladies chapter 34 . 12/6/2014
Thank you for sharing such a story, I can only imagine how difficult it was to write but you did so beautifully.
Karen chapter 7 . 11/29/2014
I have been reading and enjoying this sad, beautiful written story. What a wonderful Edward you have created. Thank you for sharing their story
thimbles chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
I stayed up until 3 am reading this last night, then spent most of today reading, too. I actually opened it up to read it "later," but I scanned the first paragraph and your words grabbed me by the heart and I tumbled in after it.

It's hard to read at times—and it must have put you through the wringer, writing it. You handle such an awful betrayal with compassion and a deft touch. And above it all, the hope... The hope that shines through, sometimes as light through a crack in the blinds, sometimes as the faint flicker of a candle, sometimes flooding in light stadium lighting or the sun at high noon.

I guess I was missing your words, so feeling nostalgic, I decide to read this because it was the first thing of yours I read. It introduced me to the girl I still believe to be my favourite writer—the writer who speaks to my heart, spirit, and mind so powerfully—and the girl who would also become my favourite friend.

Love you, girl.

Shell x
jk chapter 2 . 10/5/2014
Why would she want manwhore Edward? All he does is fuck...gross how many chicks has he ducked? 50...75...100...more?
2,156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »