Reviews for The Book
pickled.pughead chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
I really enjoyed this. I'd love a sequel from Angela's perspective.
CSG chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
That was very cute & i liked it. Thank you for sharing it! :)
LadyChery chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
This is wonderful. I tell my husband all the time I promise to be a good M.I.L to my son. I had a similar experience to Rose in my kitchen. My M.I.L Came to visit for thanksgiving and decided to give my kitchen and spices a make over. When it was time for her to leave I packed all the crap she purchased in a box and handed them to her on her way out the door. Now when she comes to visit she sits and complains about how useless she feels because she is not allowed to touch anything in My House.
SkyBlueSw chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
This was so funny.
susayq chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
So yeah, I found this from digging on your blog. You write a fabulous tale. Some of those MILs are horrible. Let me tell you my MIL tale...Hubs and I got married at noon on Good Friday. A small affair with just immediate family and very closest friends in attendance. Keep in mind I said Good Frday. And here is why...we lived in south Louisiana at teh time, which is predominately Catholic, who practice the art of fasting on Good Friday(one main meal, no meat). MIL worked as an assistnant manager at Golden Corral (a steak house, if you didn't know) She couldn't take off to come to our wedding cause it was the middle of the lunch rush. Bitch.

~Susan
Lilacs46 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Didn't I read part of this before? It sounds familar. I'm glad you finally got the courage to post something. LOL I couldn't help but laugh every time I saw the word Bitch! lol
nitareality chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
So good, freaking hilarious.
llynn20 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Nothing brings women together like something we share, be it a favorite book, favorite TV show, or favorite movie. But the bond is never more solid then when we have a common enemy. You captured the camaraderie quite well!

Well done!
yogacat chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
So different. I love the girls, kind of like the Ya-Ya sisterhood.

The end was unexpected, but worked really well and was so sweet.

Poor Liz got lost.
TopazHeart chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Oh my... please tell me that stuff did not happen to someone for real...especially the funeral one. That is so wrong!
hol119 chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Bwahahah! This was a great story, I laughed my ass off (oh how I wish that were actually possible). Awesome writing, you captured that great sense of comradeship that some women have; I've had exactly this kind of discussion with my friends (sans the book - what a fantastic idea, girl). Just great :)
melonscraps chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
That was awesome! I loved how you made it into a book from everyone, and not just your typical one person view! And the ending was so sweet!
kelseycjim chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
This was amazing.
Babette12 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Oh, Sue, this was wonderful! I laughed so hard. You really should write more, woman!

I have been blessed with the world's best MIL. She and I go on trips together, leaving the boys at home with the kids. We've been doing this one weekend a year for the past 16 years. She gets all the dirt on her son, then goes home and calls him on it whenever she sees him doing it. I once asked her how she knew how to be so great, and she said she had a great example in her MIL. I'm hoping to carry on that tradition.

xoxo!
marie0912 chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
You are awesomesauce. YoU really are. Thought you should know:)