Reviews for A Mended Heart
SwanDestiny chapter 27 . 3/27/2016
I really enjoyed your story, and loved how both Zelda and Link are conflicted about their feelings and share a bad piece of their past together. I really loved the plot line and story idea, and basically I just loved everything such as the side characters, how the feelings are portrayed, and Rocky!

This was awesome, so now I will proceed to check your other stories out!
Mistress Kasumi chapter 10 . 12/4/2015
Good day. I was actually planning on just reviewing at the end seeing the outstanding review response your story has gotten but this chapter derailed that plan. Character interaction is perfect. Its as though I am right there on the beach with them. The feelings and tensions of the moments from one minute to the next are easily felt. Seeing Zelda finally come to terms with her situation and deny it no longer was a welcome sight. And then finally she seeks comfort from none other then our favorite hero, Link. Marvelous. And what is more I had no idea what was going to happen from one minute to the next. All signs of a magnificent story written by a true pro. I am sure having a proofreader to help makes a big difference. I can see it.

Now to the truth of the matter. I am about to get real with you. Consider this an honor. I don't admit this to many people because it is still embarrassing even though I am 30. Also I have never voiced a lot of this but this story encouraged me to just put it out there and be done with it.

I can sympathize with the Zelda character you created because this was my life during school years. There were brief moments of sun but for the most part I was constantly in darkness as one of the favorite targets of bullies and criticism. To this day I don't know what caused it. Perhaps they feared what I could become or perhaps something about me was different. I know we had to move a lot so I know new kids were often favorite targets. Anyway, I will never know the real reason behind it.

In perspective, rarely did it become physical, usually it was verbal, emotional or even psychological in form. There were times where it has reached that point. I have been on a few occasions roundhouse kicked in the gut just for fun or some other physical attack. Let me be the first to tell you it doesn't make a damn difference. It hurts all the same.

So reading this story for me struck a chord. Granted, I survived the ordeal and am functioning in society but I have a hard time expressing my own feelings and even as an adult often keep them bottled up even with people that love me. Seeing her defiance to admit what is going on is something even now I still deal with. I am a giant at 6"3 but I don't talk like one and people often can't hear me clearly because my voice is so soft. I have self esteem problems even today that I don't seem to have any hope of conquering. I guess years of being told or shown your nothing by many of your peers will do that. Anyway, seeing her being able to resolve her issues while still young is a welcome site. At least one of us got to see the light, as that moment never came for me.

So from one person who has actually seen the dark side of bullying personally, let me tell you honestly you hit the targets dead center with this story. I am a grown arse man but just reflecting on it right now has me tearing up a bit. Well done. Its not common for stories to rouse my emotions as I usually guard them so damn much but you got me with this one. I will be looking to your stories with similar interest. Keep charging. Laserai out.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/9/2015
Tereina Kat.
YAY! Zelda made it to Kakariko! I liked how she managed to sneak out, via Ivy outside her window. I also loved her step mother Chrysanthenum? and Richard. They are really warm, caring people. Keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2015
Tereina Kat.
I loved this story the first time, and I love it even now. I know what it is like to be bullied, but not to that extent! Poor Zelda... If this story was real, as in happening near me in real life, I would be botching their names, making inappropriate comments and protecting Zelda. But I can't so I'll settle for using my imagination... Keep up the good work!
Traive chapter 26 . 7/21/2014
This story was a delight to read and I really enjoyed how you wrote the characters. I liked your personal touch on their personalities and how you built your story. I hope you someday would consider writing a new story with Midna in it, I loved your Zelda so I'm curious how you would portray Midna.

I also like your writing style and the tone in your writing. It flows nicely and you give just enough details to let the imagination form the scene in your mind :)

I also liked how you made the ending, it was fresh and unexpected and I like that!
It was not the classic happy ever after thing, but a neutral and natural ending and I adored Zelda and Link's banter about her choice of courses :D
It was a very fitting end to a very good story, well done!
Aki chapter 11 . 4/27/2014
This is my favorite chapter of the story. I frickin cried.
Aki chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
I haven't read this story for over two years! At that time, the story haven't finish yet and I was a little impatient for an update. Next thing I knew, I stopped reading. LOL. Now that I came back and the story was complete. I am very excited to finish this.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/11/2014
Zelda basically just got kidnapped.
Cure Happy chapter 26 . 10/9/2013
Loved it. Great job!

Happy Shower!
The Thorned Rose chapter 26 . 9/4/2013
The story was cute.
ACCOUNT IS DEAD NO MORE chapter 26 . 8/20/2013
I loved it. I going reread a lot!
Lady Fai chapter 26 . 8/13/2013
It's fixeded now!

And I like that ending, like a movie. Very nice.
Lady Fai chapter 25 . 8/13/2013
Yay! Justice!
clarissadele chapter 26 . 8/11/2013
This was truly a tremendous story! If you need any ideas for a sequel in the future feel free to PM me! I really hope to see more coming from you sometime soon, whether it may be a sequel to this story or something completely different. You have quite the talent for writing!
Kyle chapter 26 . 8/10/2013
I liked the story a lot and also the ending, good job!