Reviews for Brave Like Soldiers
Zhian'tara chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Wonderful take on this relationship. And some lovely dialog. I especially liked Scott's remark about their dancing around the subject - and his admonition to take care of herself.

I look forward to more of your SGU stories.
marianne chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
i like this a lot. you write very well. Scott is good here, very good. tee hee. but scott is always good, no? very cute.

i look for more writing from you.
ankaz123 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Great story...loved it.

showed TJ's emotions and strugles so well, loved all the angst between TJ and Young...awesome work!
Lora Perry chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
AHHH. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Scott and TJ have such an awesome relationship. no UST, they are just friends. It was intresting how you noted that Scoot would stay behind on the planet with TJ because of his guilt over Matthew; i never even thought about it that way; i honestly just thought it was his good guy complex going into overdrive (as it tends to happen a lot). But I like your idea too, that he wants to protect any child now, wants to be there, and help them grow up in some sort of misplace guilt over his own child.

I also like how hopeless yet strong you've made TJ. How all she has is a few medical supplies and (and what a wonderful line it was that you wrote!) "over-developed sense of empathy" It was really powerful and I feel like it described her to a key.

I can't wait to read more from you!

and zomg, i hope you've watched "pain." because guilt over matthew, ever worse.

p.s. please write a tag to "pain" cause you would make it awesome.
yols chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I loved it! Scoot and TJ always have such a cool relationship going on.

You have awesome writing skillz. I really want to see you write more in this fandom. I think you could give it some justice. haha. maybe a tag to "pain". you could totally work all the angst that matt has about his son. )
Caldros chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Beautiful. Your imagery is absolutely breathtaking. The beauty of human suffering blended with the grace of perseverance. Truly an enjoyable piece of writing. Keep it up I look forward to reading more of your work.