Reviews for Futuritis Redux
amyh52 chapter 9 . 3/4
great comparison of the men in Caseys life
amyh52 chapter 8 . 3/4
fun
Sophie chapter 15 . 8/15/2013
My goodness, this is an amazing read. I seriously want a print and bound version that I can put on my bookshelf because I keep coming back to reread this. You are such a talented and well-structured writer who really knows how to keep a person enthralled. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Lady Azura chapter 15 . 3/11/2013
This was fantastic.
Sikanda chapter 6 . 10/21/2012
I just wanted to take a quick break to announce that Truman is a total jerk...That Casey would ever date a guy like him is highly improbable let alone her actually taking him back after he cheated on her well thats even more so...And really I know that sometimes smart chicks can be dumb about the guys they date but the producers having her get with Truman is sending a bad message to teenagers that its OK to date a creep and stalker and nevermind if he cheats on you! URRRRGGGGHHHH!
SusanMarieS chapter 15 . 3/20/2012
I love this story. I cant believe i hadnt read it yet. Wonderfull
TorrentialDownFall chapter 8 . 6/10/2011
Chapters 3-8 (I think)

Ok so it was very time consuming to review one chapter at a time so I decided to review chapters 3-8 all at one time. ; )

“Derek seemed to sense that a small, mean, part of Sam actually wanted Casey's valedictorian speech to be ruined”

–- Ahh I hate that the Sam and Derek relationship was kinda in the crapper. I don’t know that I have read another fic that Sam wasn’t super angelic and really nice to Casey. I mean I am not opposed to it after all it is your vision and it does make him seem like a more rounded character instead of always being nice, calm and laid back.

“Sam could see that knowledge in Derek's steely evaluation of him."No one treats my stepsister like that except for me," had become a kind of mantra in Derek's high school years.”

—- Soo true.

“He was weird like that – really conscious about the kinds of things that Casey heard about him or saw him do.” “Sam saw the worried peek at Casey again. Huh? He cares an awful lot about what she thinks of him.”

- Ahh I love that you made him all protective about Casey and what she knows about him because he wants her to think of him as a good guy. : )

“She could sit on the popular staircase before school started, and after lunch – and not just because she was the friend of the geeky girl dating the quarterback”

–- Well not trying to be an Emily basher but I could really see her thinking this in my opinion she is the type of girl that this sort of thing would matter a great deal to.

“Emily had already caught him turning down the stereo in his room to better hear her on the phone with Truman, with Noel and, once, weirdly, with her dad.”

- I think that Emily has to be at least a little aware of what is really going on between Casey and Derek especially since she like stalked him before Casey became his step-sister.

"He said that he needed to make peace with Casey. That they were going to be siblings and so he wanted to … get her back together with Truman …and ask out Emily … and then … everyone would be … happy?" Edwin shrugged.“Okay so Derek's plan sounded really dumb now that he retold it all to Lizzie. But his brother had seemed really, really pissed off about the results of the pregnancy test – peed on test! – Edwin shuddered.”

- I love that you put together these 2 events ... That Derek hooking Truman and Casey back up was due to him finding out about the pregnancy before anyone else knew. In every other fanfic that refers to this Derek (or the author? Or both?) never understand why he did this…

“Oh no! Was Nora going to have her boob out feeding it all the time?”

-I can see Edwin thinking this- laugh out loud funny.

I love the fact that Lizzie is actually who came up with the graduation prank and not Edwin or Derek.

“But he'd paused too long, here in the car and, then he realized that she didn't want him to come over. She had that speech to write.”

-I understand what you were trying to do with Truman’s character in this chapter and although you did make him a little sympathetic I still thought he was a total jerk manipulating Casey in that fashion even if his home life was not the greatest. And it was really creepy and a bit stalkerish to call her like 4 times and then drive over to her house and watch her while they talked on the telephone.

"Derek thought getting me back together with Truman would make him a really good brother? He said that? He wants to be a good brother to me?"-

-And then you did it you managed to repackage the three awful events the Disney Channel writers put in the plot line to discourage the fan fiction writers from writing Dasey Ever Afters… the baby (not that babies are bad I personally love babies but this matter infinitely complicates their already complex circumstance… even if they are unaware of their precarious relationship…) …why Derek got Truman and Casey back together (gag me) and why Casey called him her brother on the last episode… yes a WTF moment for all of us… hahaha but look at what phoebe p did (obviously she is a radical Dasey shipper against the oppressive tyrannical rule of the Disney Channel)… she took their plot line and twisted it to explain all of the motives for the characters incongruous actions and even made their motives seem rational and logical… Yay

Really I don’t know what to say about Ralph’s POV except hilarious and random!

Anyway I hope to see more from you at some point in time. An alert message in my e-ail saying you have a new story would be exciting and I really hope that you are not done with this fandom.
TorrentialDownFall chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
Ok gotta say that I laughed at Emily during her little putty party.

I gotta say I think you totally hit the mail on the head do to speak i can totally see Emoly acting and thinking on that fashion.

Quotes that show your genuisness (I am pretty sure tgat isn't a word are:

"She could sit on the popular staircase before school started, and after lunch – and not just because she was the friend of the geeky girl dating the quarterback..." - bc I think tgat this is very in character for her...

"Emily had already caught him turning down the stereo in his room to better hear her on the phone with Truman, with Noel and, once, weirdly, with her dad."- bc what can I say I love Dasey and the whole no one messes with my step sister except me...

"Did they do that a lot? Go places and do things and not invite her?"- paranoid much? Lol

Anyway love it! What can I say I just don't like Emilys character very much and am always up for a funny pov about her. I dunno why I just kinda think she bc Caseys friend to get closer to Derek... But oh well that's my opinion.

Lovely chapter, enjoyed it!
TorrentialDownFall chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
So I am re-reading your fic I don't think I reviewed the first time : ( [I know I am so horrible] but I am now : ) it has been on my favs list forever bc it is sooo good I absolutely love everything about it.

Anyway enogh gushing about how I love it in tg broad sense and get to the details like this sentence " No one realized how much effort it took to not want what you couldn't get. Well, almost no one" - it was prolly my fav of the chapter and I totally understand the thought process behind this ...

I also live that Derek is concerened about his education and the assumption that the best friends would be more alike... I find it really funny bc my best friend and I are total opposites we balance one another out.

And last but not least kicking the stereo toward the wall for an "intervention" ya know it was pure genius.

All right I think that's enough for the first review : )
Chickka chapter 15 . 5/6/2011
great story! I enjoyed reading it :) it was interesting how it was a different person's POV in every chapter and how great it flowed altogether. Loved the Dasey moments. Thanks for sharing :)
bsloths chapter 15 . 6/5/2010
I was happy to review every (or just about every) chapter - I like it when people do it for me, so, do unto others, right? :)

This last chapter was the perfect ending - a return to typical LwD hijinks with a Dasey slant, and the Shemily stuff was just too cute! Amazing fic, I'm so glad you finished it!
bsloths chapter 14 . 6/5/2010
That was hysterical! So typically dramatic of Sheldon!
bsloths chapter 12 . 6/5/2010
Tense! And sweet, too - I love Noel and Sally together.
bsloths chapter 11 . 6/2/2010
ultimately, handling the stick of dynamite that was Casey's feelings wasn't all that different from the tentative, careful handling of the powder-keg that was Derek's.

Lovely.

I adored this chapter the first time and enjoyed it even more the second! It completely sums up the entire series perfectly, no easy feat, my dear! You have so much talent!
bsloths chapter 9 . 6/1/2010
Yay for Nora's jolt of recognition - took her long enough, but yes Nora, your stepson DOES love your daughter!