Reviews for Keep the Faith
girlyghoul chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Oh man, how did I miss this the first go 'round? Awesome, beautiful story from Sam's POV. I love the moment he had Lucifer conquered with an emotion that ol' Luci had always thought was weak- hee. Love the details that Dean took the blame for the army man and also carved his initials in the Impala after he caught Sammy doing just that. And why he dragged Michael down with him.

Also LOVED Lucifer going nuts unable to fight Sam and throwing his own words back at him that he would tear Sam from the inside. That was perfect! Also the Aladdin imagery "Infinite Cosmic Power- itty bitty living space!" Brilliant!

I liked your version of Sam the hybrid and that he could use angel powers when he needed to. That would have rocked on the Show- but alas, not to be. Ahh, well. At least it's here in this story! Great job!
deanstheman chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
man, that was crazy good! Holding my breath the whole time! I just watched all 5 seasons recently (don't ask me how I didn;t discover it sooner, I must have been on another planet!) and holy crap this show INSANELY gripping! This was a powerfully written tag to that episode - I really really liked it!
Api Adore chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
This was astonishingly beautiful.

"Dean was here, and his stolen heart broke because his brother was going to die in front of his eyes again, and he would live an eternity as Lucifer's vessel and carry the wounds of that sight with him forever." This was so powerful - it reminds me of Mystery Spot, but with such a forcefulness to it that it makes me breathless. Thank you for writing this and for allowing the world the opportunity to read it.

foreverchrisfan chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Wow! You did absolutely amazing! I must agree with your little coment at the end. The fight will go on, but Dean and Sam will be a lot stronger now that their faith in each other is fully restored, and Dean knows God has not abandoned him.
Medic04 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
That was awesome! Dean deserves to settle but it'll never happen.

Sam wanting Dean to have an apple pie life? Sure but Dean doesn't know how. He'd never have it as long as he thinks Sam's in Hell anyway. Just as Sam couldn't do it when he was in Hell. To tell him or not to tell him. Damned if you do...Damned if you don't.

I think you're right it's not Sam but he's not the same as he was before the four gallons of demon blood and having an archangel rammed up his ass. Not only did the light go out. The wind was picking up and there was a lot of thunder in the background. There was a large storm rolling in fast that sounded very ominous. That may not have been because of Sammy though. That may have been demons coming for Dean and Sammy is just luckily there. It would make sense. In season 4 they jumped right to Dean getting out of the Pit and did everything in flashback.

I think you're on the right track. I think Sam will have to struggle a bit with what he is. He thought he was a freak just because of the YED. Just because the boys are pretty much good with each other doesn't mean he's going to be good with himself.
LuxAngelFallen023 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I really like this story and i know its a one shot but i think you should continue it.
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I enjoyed this a lot, although I kind of want Dean to be able to settle I think he really deserves it and I can't imagine Sam pulling him away from it
FoxFyre33 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Nice thoughts from Sam. I want to hug him for trying to be a good brother, but at the same time I want to kick his ass repeatedly for thinking that letting Dean believe he is agonizing in hell for eternity is a good decision that will give Dean a good life. Huh? That's insane.

Why is Dean having dinner with a fake family while Sammy rots? Why is Sam thinking this is a good thing? Writers, get you heads out of your butts. Really.

No, Dean won't remain there for long, thankfully.

What does he deserve? He deserves something real, for one thing, and that ain't it. Really, the writers can't possibly get him out of there fast enough. It won't take long, I'm sure. :)

Poor Sam. I don't think he's necessarily part supernatural being/hybrid just because of the light, but you could be right. Interesting. Either way, he's obviously Sam, though, by the way he was looking in at Dean.

I hope he doesn't make that decision, although of course he might. If he does, it won't last long. :)
cornev chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Wow. That was amazing. Very powerfully written (just like the episode itself) and perfect Sam POV. The line 'His brother had come here, to face the devil and be beaten to death by his baby brother's bare hands, just so that he would know that he wasn't alone. So that he would know that not even the devil himself would keep him from being there for him in his darkest hours' seriously almost made me cry.

I like your hybrid take. He did take out the light so he's not entirely human. And I loved the wya you described his decision to leave Dean out of it. 'But knocking on that door would close the door on Dean living the life he deserved.' Just perfect.

This was a great piece of writing and a perfect addition to the episode. -Corrie
ClancyBaggins chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
God I loved/hated the end of the season but love your fic! cool idea having Sam demon/hunter/angel
twilightobsessed40873a chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
That rocked! I so can't wait til the next season to start
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Wow, you captured just about everything I felt with the episode as well, I love the idea of Sam becoming a hybrid angel/human/demon that works so well. And yeah we know that domestic bliss isn't for Dean but I just hope that they don't do to him what they did to Sam and Jess, that would be overkill.

Great little story and it fits perfectly with Keep the Faith.

loved it

Hugs Shelley
Jianali chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
I enjoyed this! I can easily imagine these thoughts going through Sam's mind.
ScarlettFugitive chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Nice fic. I don't happen to think Sam is a hybrid, but it works for the purpose of this fic. So why not. :) I can definitely see Sam having that kind of thought process, but of course he would be wrong. This is not Dean's life. This is not Dean's family. It's a nice thought for Sam to try to give him something... but it's all artificial and no one's buying it.

I can't wait for September for the brothers to find each other and start kicking *ss around the country together again. More awesome supernatural baddies. More saving people, hunting things. Two brothers. That's what it's all about. :)
Morkhan chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Super!Sam is kind of a favorite plot point of mine. Dean is pure- he is the only character in the whole freakin' series who hasn't been possessed in one way or another, it seems like, so I'm okay with him just being a badass human, but if we're gonna give Sam powers, they might as well be AWESOME powers.

Though I can't help but wonder what happened to Adam. If Sam is now a hybrid whatsit, does he have an equal and opposite somewhere on earth in his rather unlucky half-brother? The mind, it wonders. ;-) Great little story, though. Choosing to fight the good fight alone to preserve Dean's peace and give him the chance for a family... that is Sam to the core.