Reviews for Puppeteer
Never1710 chapter 13 . 6/7
Hi! Just reafthe end of this fanfiction. And I dont know if I love it or if I hate it. I hate this fanfiction for not having a real Jisbon end, I also hate it for making me cry at the end. I litteraly could not breathe and my heart hurt so bad. But I loved the storyline, your writting and I have to admit, even though the end made me suffer, I love it. It is full of grace and dignity. It is simple and beautiful. It is breath-taking and raging. I would not read this fanfiction again because It really stabbed me to the heart but I would never forget it. Thank you so much for this. I couldnt stop myself to read!
consulting and insulting chapter 13 . 5/22
Okay, now I'm mad! She's married? I cry ...
French Pumpkin chapter 1 . 3/4
Brrrrrr... I read this story in one sitting and even though I really, really enjoy your style, your imagination and the way you actually make me feel what the characters feel, this one is too angsty for me!
That was really, really hard to swallow, that Lisbon would go on with her life like that, no second thoughts or so...
And the tragic fate of Patrick Jane... Brrrrr...
That being said, you have a wonderful way of getting those two's feelings and emotions articulated.
Bravo. ( off to read your other great stories that are more on the humor side :-) ).
LouiseKurylo chapter 13 . 9/3/2014
Cannot beat this story for anguish. Alas, I don't much like this Lisbon. She killed Red John, (eventually) knows she loves Jane, but allows him to take the rap for the murder?! That seems horribly cynical and dishonorable of her. It also lessens Jane in that he'd fall for a woman who is willing to throw him under the bus. -Yeah, I understand he stabbed her. But I liken that to the situation if you had a pet dog who bit you when it was almost mad with pain. Maybe she would never forgive him, but I'm dismayed she would let him serve a ten years prison sentence and never look back. Dishonorable.

I think it would have been more characteristic for the team to rally around and cover for Lisbon without falsely accusing Jane. Couldn't they have made up a plausible story about self defense? Hell, wouldn't it have actually been self defense? RJ was going to kill them both, after all! Sorry to say I am distressed at the ending and at the person Lisbon finally proved to be. Nonetheless, thanks for writing it. Certainly a gripping, tense story.
LouiseKurylo chapter 2 . 9/3/2014
Excellent dilemma to drive a story. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Jeanie chapter 13 . 8/11/2013
Definitely didn't know how to feel about this story. Jane was out of character so much, ditto Lisbon.. and doing what RJ says? because he is such a trustful guy who won't kill if he says he won't? Yiiiiikes.. I think dark stories can still be dark and not stray SO much from character. Meh.
Soni1171 chapter 13 . 6/10/2013
Tears welled up in my eyes as I read the last chapter and I couldn’t hold back my tears when I read the last letter from Jane. Although I felt very sad, I think this ending is understandable and I love the ending. I wonder Jane might leave behind the letters deliberately in hope that she would read the letters. I imagine the way Lisbon cries and the letter is wetted by her tears while reading the letter. This story is so heart wrenching and beautiful at the same time and I will never forget this story!
Holobe chapter 13 . 1/4/2013
Ive haven't read other people's reviews - but I really liked the story and your ending! Happy fanfiction-endings give you a sort of content closure, but I actually hope the TV-series itself will end somewhat like your ending:) Good work!
Guest chapter 13 . 11/9/2012
come on,Why will you do that, let Red John wind, this story is to scary, shocking and terrible and still i cant stop reading the story, it is so sad, why Jane, why would you destroy Lisbon, the team and your life that way. Jane is really insane, i want Jane and Lisbon to be together, but i not know if that could happen after Jane almous killed Lisbon out of anger.
If i was Lisbon, i would not, not take him,no matter that he give her her job back, took the blame for killing Red john or writing those letters with all love, roman and passion, i could not forgive that and i dont think Jane would like being with Her and see that scary on her stomach every time they make love.

No Patrick Jane is poison for Lisbon and if he really loves her, i would stand away.

I know that Lisbon still love Jane, but you can love someone, but still know that they are bad for one.

still i hope that the could get each other

you are a realy good writer and would fit just in with the darkness of the real show, because real life do not just end happy, you story just have so much

But it is to much Pain for me, i like a happy endning

this story is horro for me, i would like to read more, but i am to a afraid of more bad thing happening, still maybe you can change my mind.
I would rather have Lisbon to be without a man than to being in a loveless marriage with Shane

so when or if Jane trieds to wind Lisbon back, let him feel alot of pain, let him prove the love for him and do not let him have her to to easily

thank you for a very good, but scary story

looking forward to see what happen next, to see if the love is strong enough
Guest chapter 13 . 9/12/2012
you should at least write a piece where they meet after all these years
glindalovesshoes chapter 13 . 9/10/2012
Oh my god, you have no idea how much I loved and hated this fic for the same time!
First of all... Do you know you are such an amazing, talented person with the ability, to throw your readers into a different world within seconds and one of my most favourite fanfiction writers, ever? My god, I'm rereading every single fic of yours and try to review on all of them, because every single one is so special and woderful!
I apreciate the length of your chapters and the way you stay in character with Jane, Lisbon and the team. When I read your fic I can totally imagine it happen just like in the show.
This story had so much angst in it, but I just couldn't stop reading. The whole plot was very well thought-out and nearly every action made sense to me.
Wow, the way Jane tried to get Lisbon fired and then suddenly there was Red John, who just kidnapped her. I didn't think about it, until it actually happened. Also the times when you told the story from his perspective was a new thing to me, but usually you do not get very much insight in his thoughts an why he acts how he does.
OMG when Jane opened the box and Lisbon's cross was inside, my heart stopped beating for a second. at first I thought she really was dead, until I realized he used her to get Jane into it. Jane should never have trusted this bastard of a serial-killer and informed the team. But that's so not like Jane.
The whole show-down in the bedroom, when Red John wanted Jane to kill Lisbon first was so hard and thrilling! I screamed to my laptop and thought he'd really kill her, but in the end I was so glad Lisbon was able to stop him. By the way, she was my most favourite character in this fic ;)
I hope that if it'll ever come to a show-down in the real show, Lisbon's going to be the one who shoots Red John. Or mabe Cho, but not Jane.
You like to be cruel to your characters, don't you? Jane nearly killing Lisbon with the knife was not necessary and totally bad for my nerves! Anyway, I think I egged Cho on to beat Jane up a little bit more. He deserved it and I missed Lisbon not asskicking him.
Although Jane wanted to kill her, she was very easy going, when he sat beside her bed in the hospital. It was nice to listen to him and let him get the chance to explain himself. I adore Lisbon for her forgiving heart concerning Jane... I'm so curious about how much he'll hurt her in the new season... :( Poor Lisbon.
But for some reason my heart stuck with her all the time and in this last chapter I couldn't stop crying, becuase everything was so deeply moving and sad.
Why did she never go and visit him? :( Or why didn't he ever sent one of this letters to her. They both had their reasons, but I cannot accept this ending. All the words of Jane's last letter keep repeating in my mind and it makes me again sad they were never able to see what might have been.
Do you know the song "I'm not that girl" from the musical "Wicked"? There it says: Ev'ry so often we long to steal / To the land of what-might-have-been /But that doesn't soften the ache we feel / When reality sets back in.
This somehow reminded me to you fancfiction in the end. She loved him although he'd done all those bad things to her and he loved her although he knew he'd never deserved her.
Ahh... but in the end I've got a question about this thing with killing Red John. Is there no such thing as self defense or manslaughter (I don't know if this is the right word for the act I mean, because I had to look it up)? Because you "murdered" someone, when the act of killing is planned backwards, isn't it? Red John was killed in a fight about live and death and there was no choice for either Jane or Lisbon, was it? You know, I don't know the US law system very well... Please don't mind, okay?
Alright, to sum up, this story was very emotional, but wonderful at the same time! As promised, I'll go back to your other stories and also your new story :))
Liefs Glinda
Brand L chapter 13 . 8/26/2012
I just finished reading your story, and it left me speechless in a bad way. You kind of lost me with Jane trying to kill Lisbon on Red John's order, and then he stabs her after she shoots and kills Red john. After that it was hard for me to read the rest of the story and care. Then he went to jail for some thing she did, and while he rots away in jail she finds a guy and gets married. And Jane is left with nothing at the end of the story, and Lisbon really seems like she didn't care. All I can say is I don't understand.
cigarettemetaphor chapter 13 . 8/25/2012
Well fine then
MiM99 chapter 13 . 6/19/2012
Aw, I just read this fic. What a bittersweet ending, I'm almost in tears. I love love love the final letter. Sometimes all you need is a few simple sentences to say all you feel. This fic was great!
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 13 . 4/16/2012
Just read the whole thing, and boy what an emotional ride. It's as if you've gotten all the characters nailed to a T. Loved your portrayal of Red John, Jane, and Lisbon. Especially loved the emotional meat-grinder that was Jane's pain.

Wonderful, wonderful stuff. Great work.