Reviews for Conlaodh's Song
SarcasticallySatyrical chapter 13 . 8/14
I'm absolutely loving how these stories are developing. I cannot wait to read the next continuation. I will admit, sometimes the plot is a bit obscure and there's a lot that the reader doesn't understand very well that happens all at once, but usually you managed to clear it up quite easily by the end.
Hippothestrowl chapter 13 . 8/3
Horrible. There were some great passages but so much was missing that the story was ruined. The ending was not an ending and the Story should not have been marked Complete so then I wouldn't have seen it. Dreadfully disappointing. I'd rather start a poorly-written story and give up early than have my hopes raised and dashed so mercilessly. Frankly, I think the author was playing with us deliberately.
Hippothestrowl chapter 1 . 7/31
A fine opening chapter; well-written and believable. I wonder what comes next?
Agravaine chapter 13 . 4/4
I recently had cause to think of the first scene of this chapter, so I thought I'd drop a line to say how much I admire it. It seems like fanfiction primes us towards the notion that shared trauma and violence are the ties that bind, and this is a beautiful subversion of that trope. You convey so much with so little—Luna grappling with her role in events, their deep mutual affection, the unspoken acknowledgement of their diverging paths, Harry's stoicism against Luna's willingness to put voice to her fears, the manner in which she assumes control of their dynamic despite the imbalance of (literal and metaphoric) power between them . . . it's a complex and deeply touching scene.
Lunaliceazreal chapter 13 . 3/26
Nooo you can't end it this story is too amazing to end please make a sequal
soccersack chapter 12 . 1/23
Both this story and its prequel were fantastic. Sadly it seems unlikely to be continued, but hey-ho you never know.

Not sure why people are complaining about characters acting differently to canon. Firstly, its an AU fic... Secondly, its FANFICTION - Surely the whole point of writing is to deviate from the original plot / charater forms?

As someone previously stated ' pet hate ' hahaha ;)
nony chapter 13 . 4/6/2015
man oh man - great stories! Any thoughts about doing a part three for this series?
esran chapter 13 . 11/16/2014
This story was just incredible. Ordinarily overly powered Harry's annoyed me, but you managed to create an incredibly powerful character, and still give him worthy challenges. Too bad this looks unlikely to get a sequel. I still have no idea who "she" is, and who the two people on the floor are.
kira and light chapter 13 . 8/26/2014
Sorry but i just have to mention how ooc your Snape (he is far more of a bastard) was, everytime Harry calls him Severus I actually winced a bit (pet peeve of me)
kira and light chapter 8 . 8/25/2014
Harry really is Dumbledores bitch in this. I know Dumbles is more experienced than Harry and his Mentor but wow Harry almost cryed last chapter when Dumbles lost his temper and every time he is dissapointed in him Harry becomes a utter bitch
kira and light chapter 2 . 8/25/2014
Why are all writers turning James into an asshole? He left Harry 12 years at the Dursleys without contact just to chase Voldemort?

Sorry but i just dont buy that, canon James would never do this and than he is still acting like a prick around Harry with the exception of saying he is proud of him.

Why is Harry even living with him? I would be way to proud and would prefer staying at the Dursleys than with someone who didnt give a shit about me. Hope there will be more to that and i just dont have the full picture here.

Otherwise cool story i really like the little Dumbledore Harry and the old magic stuff is definitly unique without getting stupid.
Cokeon chapter 13 . 5/23/2014
This fic deserves all the monies in the world. You are a fucking genius,
Tr0g chapter 13 . 1/27/2014
Heh. Quite the cliffhanger ending to a very good story. Hopefully, the story will be continued at some point.

Highly recommended.
Darren Jaguar chapter 13 . 11/24/2013
...when's the next bit? :D
VerySleepy chapter 13 . 10/5/2013
This is really great work. You've made Harry into a real hero rather than simply a pawn in a larger game, and yet Dumbledore remains true to himself and Harry's power, though great, is met by sufficiently potent challenges that his victory is never assured. You also have a unique and compelling authorial voice, one that keeps the reader hooked throughout, and you never make the mistake of telling the reader too much.

I hope to see Book 3 appear sooner rather than later.

My only nits to pick are extremely minor. Here and there, you don't take quite enough care with what would be called "continuity errors" if this were a film. Is Angelina or Katie the Quiddich captain? If the Room of Requirement is a secret from Harry (as his ignorance of what Draco is doing on the seventh floor implies), how could he have seen it in Neville's memories as well? If Harry is in the hospital, should it not be Dumbledore sitting on the bed when he visits, not Harry? I have other examples. These sorts of things are, as I said, tiny and unimportant. I just suggest that you might want betas in the future to help catch them, and the occasional garbled sentence.